• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3E D&D Aurelia setting & houserules material (now with magic items!)

Arkhandus

First Post
Crashy75 said:
A question: are you doing all spells from scratch or are these in addition to standard spells? Are you going to change save or die spells? I saw a lovely idea (from Kerrick ) that made a failed save= dying (-dx where x varies by level)
Nah, I'm not replacing the existing D&D spells. As shown in the Bard, Paladin, and Ranger spell lists, I'm just adding a few custom spells to each spell level. The rest I'll be leaving alone or just fixing. As for save or die, I'm still not sure yet, but save or dying is a decent idea. I'm not going to get far into my spell-making and spell-revisions until after I've finished my tweaks to the spellcasting classes themselves.

General feats list posted above, edited in a few posts up where I said it would be.

I updated the 1st page list of links to include the links for the feat list and the Duelist design notes. I also updated the Slayer on page 2; I decided that it really didn't fit with 3 bonus Toughness feats (those had been put into the class' design well before I had decided to make Toughness double its bonus at 10th-level onward), so I replaced their 9th-level Toughness feat with a new ability, Crack Shot, which helps any Slayer who wants to have less of a major focus on melee, allowing them to be more effective at a distance. Also makes them a good multiclass combo for range-oriented Rogues.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Bunch of custom spells now posted in the lower portions of the previous page. I still have another 1-2 dozen custom Aurelian spells to add eventually, but not in any state that could be finished soon (nothing more than their names and a few basic stats so far). Plus I'll eventually be adding spells that are unique to particular organizations or the followers of particular deities, someday, but that's not gonna be started until after I have the basics of the Aurelian Gazeteer done, which won't be for quite a while.

I really, really need to figure out how to simplify a few of the spells already posted, like Wildfire Wreath and Pack Survival, but I'm not sure yet on how without sacrificing their purpose, flavor, or usefulness. And a few of the spells I might yet need to tweak a bit in stats or effects; frex, I'm not sure yet if Pack Mind, Pack Survival, and Strength of the Herd do quite what I want them to do.

Sometime this week I'll probably finish another prestige class, and a few Special feats or the like. Thing is, last week I wound up deciding on a moderate change to the theme and focus of the Aquari Mystic, so I wound up making it less of a simple prestige class to finish. So maybe that one or maybe a different PrC. Also, Elves! I'm finally back to work on their background and such, and got one major section done. The rest might be finished later this week, so I may finally get around to posting them. Or Aquari, I dunno yet. Some general setting details might be typed up later this week or next, I dunno, but I have been thinking about them more.

Arkhandus

First Post
Bah, I got sidetracked for the past few weeks with working on my currently-running campaigns, miscellaneous gaming material unrelated to Aurelia, and non-gaming RL stuff. I'll be getting back to work on those Aurelia materials mentioned in the past two pages or so, soon. I have a bit more campaign-prep stuff to do for my active games first, and have been working on some other stuff for EN World posting later in other HR threads.

Arkhandus

First Post
Hey, been quite a while! I've been sidetracked over the past year or so with (unsuccessful) job-hunting, and a bit more videogaming than usual, along with too much dog-sitting and working on miscellaneous projects, like my Final Fantasy d20 project and my long-term play-by-post campaign concepts. As a result I've slacked off on my major campaign setting materials, Aurelia and Rhunaria.

However, I'm trying to get back to some kind of daily schedule, and will resume updating this thread (and maybe my Rhunaria content as well, once I get it back online somewhere, since Geocities shut down last year). Over the past few hours I've fixed some formatting problems in most of this thread (caused by the recent forum changes, which screwed up some earlier formatting and made a lot of parts harder to read), fixed a spelling error or two, and tweaked a few minor lines in the Paladin class and its variants (Detect Evil was supposed to work at a caster level equal to their class level, and likewise for Remedy).

I'll finish the formatting-fix later today or tomorrow, and then resume posting some regular updates. I think I'll start with a bit of setting material and a few more monsters (not mere Constructs, this time!), then resume working on the other stuff I had left off on. Like parts of my Master Weapons List (though my Master Armors List isn't quite so close to completion yet).

Edit: Finishing up some formatting on this page, and fixed a line in Loroche's Bolt-Hole. Originally expected that if anyone tried to attack through the entrance with Fireballs or the like, then enemies would just fight back in kind, but in hindsight I decided that it would be a significant advantage for those in the Bolt-Hole in those cases, and that's not really the spell's purpose; it's a hideout, not a sniper's nest. So I removed the capacity for magic and psionics to pass through the entrance of the extradimensional space. Also, tweaked the Elven Bladesinger a tad by replacing Toughness at 5th-level with Endure, which gives them +3 HP at 5th and 10th-level. Might improve that later or something, once I finally get around to playtesting the prestige class rather than just number-crunching and guesstimating.

Added some Special feats of Aurelia in the post below this one, but not done with all of them yet. Also added a few more General feats to the earlier feat-posts, but need to add a few more later. I tweaked Ability Focus to work with extraordinary abilities instead of just 1st-level racial ones. I'll update the General Feat List later.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Aurelian Special Feats

Special feats are limited to characters with at least a certain minimum level in a particular class, or characters belonging to a particular race, template, creature type, or subtype. Other characters cannot take them, not even by polymorphing or otherwise shapeshifting into an appropriate race or type. Special feats often have other prerequisites as well. A few Special feats have no special requirements but are instead limited by DM approval for each individual character or campaign.

This is only a handful of the Special feats in Aurelia, the others are currently in need of more detail or tweaking for balance. I still need to finish tweaking my Leadership rules, for instance.

Armor Familiarity (Special)
Your training and practice has given you an extra degree of comfort and skill in using a certain variety of armor, allowing you to maximize its defensive uses while avoiding some of the usual discomfort or restrictiveness of that armor. Choose one particular type of armor to apply this feat to, such as scalemail, chain shirt, studded leather, full plate, or breastplate. Shields are not armor. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Proficient with the armor chosen, Fighter level 4th+, BAB +4 or higher, Dodge.
Benefit: The benefits of this feat all apply only when you wear the chosen variety of armor. Firstly, you treat the armor check penalty of that armor as though it were 2 points lower, to a minimum penalty of 0. In addition, you treat the maximum Dexterity bonus to AC allowed by that armor as though it were 2 points higher. Thirdly, you increase its armor bonus to AC by +1, as you know how best to position yourself before an attack and allow the thickest armor to take any blow. However, this increased armor bonus does not apply when you are immobilized or denied a Dexterity bonus to AC, whether or not your Dexterity modifier is actually positive.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class, the Guardian variant Fighter, and the Slayer variant Fighter. You may take this feat multiple times, but it must be for a different type of armor each time.

Broad Weapon Mastery (Special)
Perfecting your skills with a few weapons, you have learned to apply some aspects of that mastery to many other weapons. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Fighter level 20th+, BAB +20 or higher, Grandmaster (any bludgeoning weapon, and one other piercing or slashing weapon).
Benefit: You gain the benefits of Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization for all weapons you are proficient with, as well as all natural weapons and unarmed strikes. This only applies to weapons or improvised weapons you are not proficient in if, by some other means, you have eliminated the nonproficiency penalties for using those weapons. This does not spread any increased benefits of Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization, as granted by other feats or abilities (such as the Grandmaster feat). Furthermore, with any weapons you actually possess Weapon Specialization for, you may apply the increased benefits of the Grandmaster feat regarding Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization (this is the only exception to the aforementioned restriction).
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class.

Combat Versatility (Special)
You have mastered the basic and intermediate techniques for wielding a variety of different weapons, allowing you to adapt easily with unfamiliar kinds. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Fighter level 6th+, BAB +6 or higher, Weapon Focus (three different weapons, each a different size category, at least one bludgeoning weapon, at least one piercing weapon, at least one slashing weapon, one must be a throwing weapon, one other must be a projectile weapon, and the other must be a melee weapon that is neither a throwing weapon nor a projectile weapon).
Benefit: Reduce the nonproficiency penalty you suffer by 1 point, for all weapons and improvised weapons you wield, whether manufactured weapons or not. This does not grant proficiency, even if you reduce the nonproficiency penalty to -0 by some means.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class. You may take this feat up to three times in total, and its benefits stack, but each copy of this feat beyond the first has increased prerequisites. For each additional copy of Combat Versatility, the character must possess one more Weapon Focus feat than the previous copy of Combat Versatility had required. Thus, the second copy of Combat Versatility requires four Weapon Focus feats, and the third copy requires five. These additional Weapon Focus feats must be applied to weapons of different general shapes from those already used for the first Combat Versatility's prerequisites, but need not follow the other Weapon Focus requirements of that Combat Versatility.

Extra Turning (Special)
You can make more turning attempts than normal. This is exactly like the original feat.
Prerequisite: Cleric, Paladin, Shaman, Cleric sub-class, Paladin sub-class, or Shaman sub-class.
Benefit: You can make 4 more turning or rebuking attempts per day with one turning or rebuking ability you possess, such as Turn Undead for a Paladin or Turn or Rebuke the Chosen for a Cleric.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, gaining 4 additional daily turning attempts each time. You may choose a different turning ability each time.

Grandmaster (Special)
Your mastery of a particular type of weapon is unmatched, allowing you to wield such weapons with supreme skill. Choose a single weapon each time you take this feat, such as the morningstar, longsword, or hand crossbow. You may even choose a natural weapon or the unarmed strike. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Fighter level 14th+, BAB +14 or higher, Weapon Expertise (chosen weapon), Weapon Focus (chosen weapon), Weapon Specialization (chosen weapon).
Benefit: With the chosen weapon, you gain a further +2 bonus on attack rolls from Weapon Focus, and to damage from Weapon Specialization. Furthermore, you may re-roll any natural 1 on attack rolls or threat rolls with the chosen weapon, and may re-roll any natural 1s on base damage dice with the chosen weapon.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class. You may take this feat multiple times, but it must be for a different weapon each time.

Inspiring Leader (Special)
Circumstances and leadership experience, combined with natural talent, have made you quite effective at motivational speaking and inspiring your comrades. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Leadership, Cha 13+.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to your Leadership Score. In addition, you may spend a full-round action giving motivational words to all allies that can hear you, inspiring them to work or fight harder. This does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Make a Charisma check against DC 10, and if successful, you provide all affected allies (excluding yourself) a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks. For every 5 points by which you exceed the check's Difficulty Class, the morale bonus is increased by +1. One-half of the bonus, rounded down, also applies to Will saving throws, weapon damage, unarmed strike damage, and natural weapon damage. However, the morale bonus does not apply to Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma checks, nor on checks that are based on those ability scores, except for Craft, Handle Animal, and Profession. Skill checks that normally require minutes, hours, or days to make still benefit from this feat, but only once per check. The benefits last for 1 round per point of Charisma bonus you possess. This effect may be used once per day, and no creature may benefit from the motivation of Inspiring Leader feats more than three times per day.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, but no more than once each character level, and each time it grants +1 to the character's Leadership Score and one extra daily use of the motivating effect. The limit still applies, however, regarding how many times per day an individual may be inspired. Mundane motivation just can't be effective all day long, unlike magical or psionic motivating effects.

Landlord (Special)
By knowing the right nobles, making contacts with masons and artisans, or performing great deeds for a liege lord, you have resources that help you build and expand your stronghold. This is a similar but slightly different version of the feat from Stronghold Builder's Guidebook.
Prerequisites: Character level 9th+, Leadership, Cha 13+, DM's approval.
Benefit: This feat gives you a small allowance that you can use to build or expand a stronghold. It's not cash, so it only applies to stronghold purchases (you can't cash it out and spend it on something else). In addition, the feat provides matching funds for expenditures made from your own purse of gold. For example, if you spend 50,000 gp of your own (beyond the allowance) to purchase stronghold components, walls, or wondrous architecture, the feat provides a bonus allowance of the same amount. The exact nature of the resources depends on your campaign; you and your DM should decide on this beforehand. If you have performed missions successfully for a noble, rich merchant, or other power group, perhaps they have willed the land to you. If you're a cleric, maybe the church sends supplicants to provide free labor. Regardless of your class or social standing, you might inherit a keep from a long-lost relative. Refer to the following table to determine how much you can spend.
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Character	Stronghold				Additional
[U]Level		Allowance				Funds Gained[/U][/B][/COLOR]
9		20,000 gp				N/A
10		40,000 gp				20,000 gp
11		60,000 gp				20,000 gp
12		100,000 gp				40,000 gp
13		140,000 gp				40,000 gp
14		180,000 gp				40,000 gp
15		260,000 gp				80,000 gp
16		340,000 gp				80,000 gp
17		420,000 gp				80,000 gp
18		580,000 gp				160,000 gp
19		740,000 gp				160,000 gp
20		900,000 gp				160,000 gp
21+		+160,000 gp per level beyond 20		160,000 gp
When you first select the Landlord feat, you receive the amount listed under Stronghold Allowance. At each successive level, you get an additional allowance equal to the amount listed under Additional Funds Gained (which is equal to the difference between the Stronghold Allowance of your new level and the previous level). For example, if you take the Landlord feat at 9th-level, you get 20,000 gp to spend on a stronghold. When you attain 10th-level, you receive an additional 20,000 gp (40,000 - 20,000) to spend on your stronghold. Characters can save their allowance from level to level if they wish.
Special: This feat may only be taken with the Dungeon Master's approval, and the DM may require characters to form the necessary contacts in an appropriate region. Multiple characters can take this feat and pool their resources to construct a stronghold together. However, the feat only provides matching funds for your own contributions (that is, if one character from a group of four contributes 10,000 gp to the construction of the group's stronghold, the feat provides matching funds for that character (10,000 gp), not for all four characters (40,000 gp), even if all four have the feat). If all four characters have the feat and each contributes funds to the cause, they each receive matching funds equal to their contribution.

Lethal Blow (Special)
Long and difficult training has allowed you to make full use of a weapon's deadly potential, precisely controlling your attacks to inflict the most grievous wounds possible. Choose a single weapon each time you take this feat, such as the morningstar, longsword, or hand crossbow. You may even choose a natural weapon or the unarmed strike. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Fighter level 12th+, BAB +12 or higher, Weapon Focus (chosen weapon), Weapon Specialization (chosen weapon).
Benefit: When you wield the weapon chosen for this feat, increase that weapon's total multiplier for critical hit damage by 1 point. For example, a weapon that normally deals double damage on a critical hit would, with this feat, instead deal triple damage on a critical hit.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class and the Skirmisher variant Fighter. You may take this feat multiple times, but it must be for a different weapon each time.

Lightning Fists (Special)
Your skill and agility allow you to attempt a series of blindingly fast blows. This is a similar but slightly different version of the feat from Sword & Fist.
Prerequisites: Monk level 4th+, Flurry of Blows, Dex 15+.
Benefit: When using any Flurry of Blows ability, you may gain an additional attack by accepting an extra -2 penalty to your attacks until the beginning of your next turn. On any round in which you use a Flurry of Blows ability, you may make an extra attack of opportunity, and this one extra attack of opportunity may target the same foe as a previous attack of opportunity that round, but only if that foe has provoked a separate attack of opportunity from you.

Mantis Leap (Special)
You deliver a powerful attack after making a jump. This is a similar but slightly different version of the feat from Sword & Fist.
Prerequisites: Monk level 7th+, Jump 5+ ranks, Str 13+.
Benefit: You may jump as part of the movement for a charge attack. If you jump as part of a charge, you may deal extra damage with your weapon, unarmed strike, or natural weapon. Make a Jump check, and if you leap at least 5 feet over to your enemy (that is, covering the last 5 feet or more between you and the enemy), or leap at least 5 feet high before coming down next to the enemy, you deal 1d4 extra damage with your charge attack for every 5 feet that you leaped, either horizontally or vertically, one or the other.

Natural Domain (Special)
Your divine patron has given you extra power over a particular aspect of nature, similar to clerics of that deity. The extra time you spend in devotions or contemplation slightly infringes on your physical and mental training, however. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Druid level 1+, ability to cast at least one spell as a druid, Knowledge (Nature) or Knowledge (Religion) 5+ ranks, Wis 13+, Cha 13+.
Benefit: Choose a cleric domain from amongst Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, and Water. The chosen domain must be one that your patron deity, spirits, or ideology could grant to clerics. You may prepare and cast the spells of that domain using your druid spell slots (those domain spells are considered part of your spell list). Any of those spells that are already on your druid spell list are cast at +1 effective caster level when cast as druid spells, or +2 effective caster levels with the Animal or Plant domains. You also gain the chosen domain's granted power, with an effective cleric level equal to your druid level. However, in exchange for these benefits, you suffer a -2 penalty to Fortitude and Will saving throws. You also must spend one additional hour each day in supplication or contemplation, though it need not be at the same time as your spell preparation and can be done at any time each day. Failure to complete this extra hour of devotions denies you access to this feat's benefits (but not its penalties) on the following day.

Shield Familiarity (Special)
You have grown very familiar with the use of various shields, and know how best to apply them for personal defense. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Proficient with all shields, BAB +6 or higher, Dodge.
Benefit: When you attack in melee with a shield, you retain its AC bonuses. Likewise, when you attack with the same arm on which you carry a buckler, you do not lose the buckler's AC bonuses. Wearing a buckler does not incur the buckler's armor check penalty against your attack rolls with the same arm nor with any other arm, which may aid certain feats such as Weapon Finesse. You may use two shields simultaneously and benefit from both. In addition, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class from each shield you use, and you gain this dodge bonus multiple times if you use multiple shields at once. Dodge bonuses stack. Like other dodge bonuses, this one is lost if the character is denied a Dexterity bonus to AC, whether or not their Dexterity modifier is actually positive, and this dodge bonus is lost when immobilized.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class and the Guardian variant Fighter.

Weapon Expertise (Special)
Choose a weapon with which you have both Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization. You may choose an unarmed strike or a natural weapon if you have Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization with it. The type of weapon you select must normally be a melee or throwing weapon, not a projectile weapon. You are exceptionally good at using the chosen weapon to parry and block attacks, and to assist in your dodging movements, such as using a quarterstaff to briefly pole-vault around. This is a new feat.
Prerequisites: Proficient with weapon, BAB +8 or higher, Fighter level 8th+, Weapon Focus (chosen weapon), Weapon Specialization (chosen weapon).
Benefit: You gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class when wielding the selected weapon. Dodge bonuses stack. Like other dodge bonuses, this one is lost if the character is denied a Dexterity bonus to AC, whether or not their Dexterity modifier is actually positive, and this dodge bonus is lost when immobilized. If you wield more than one weapon of the chosen sort, multiply this feat's dodge bonus with that weapon appropriately. If the chosen weapon is a double weapon and is being wielded as such, then instead double this feat's dodge bonus with that weapon.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class, the Guardian variant Fighter, the Skirmisher variant Fighter, and the Slayer variant Fighter. You may take this feat multiple times, but it must be for a different weapon each time.

Weapon Specialization (Special)
Choose a weapon with which you have Weapon Focus. You may choose an unarmed strike or a natural weapon if you have Weapon Focus with it. You know the most effective techniques of striking with that weapon, and thus can deal more damage with it than normal. This is exactly like the original feat.
Prerequisites: Proficient with weapon, BAB +4 or higher, Weapon Focus (chosen weapon).
Benefit: You add +2 to damage with the selected weapon. This damage is multiplied as normal on a critical hit, when applicable.
Special: This feat is only available to the basic Fighter class, the Guardian variant Fighter, the Skirmisher variant Fighter, and the Slayer variant Fighter. You may take this feat multiple times, but it must be for a different weapon each time. However, this feat is also available once (and only once) to the Zealot variant Cleric at 1st-level if he or she takes the War Domain with a simple or martial favored weapon. Likewise, it is available once (only) to the basic Psychic Warrior class at 8th-level if they already have Weapon Focus in their Signature Weapon. Similarly, the basic Samurai class gains Weapon Specialization at 7th-level but only for his or her Ancestral Daisho weapons.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
I've been working on some monsters, but they're not quite ready to post yet. Need to finish a few last details first. But I did update the Aurelian Monsters Preview a bit by adding the tables for creature size and face/reach, dimensions, and weight, including the increases for those when a creature is advanced to greater size with higher HD. Also fixed a typo for the size-based Strength increase at Tiny to Small size or whatever. Will get some real updates in later this week as I finish a few monsters and finish the Templar variant Paladin (then I'll move on to other stuff as described in the last few posts).

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, dang......been almost a year since I last updated this thread. Been busy with other things, DMing 3 campaigns, job-hunting, working on other game material, and playing video games more often. Rather than working on Aurelia material this past year, I've mostly been working on a few sets of game material that I hoped to publish at some point, if I can afford to. Not like there are a lot of job openings this year, after all. -_-

Anyway, I think I'll be resuming updates to this thread sometime this month. Probably starting with the couple of things I had left off on, last time, before I got sidetracked by too many other projects and my 2 new campaigns last year.

Fixed a few typos in the last spell description post, above. Though I usually find any spelling errors before I post or right afterward, I do occasionally miss a few typos.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Aurelian magic item sample

Here are some Aurelian magic items, just something I felt like working on today. I'll add some more to this post later.

Edit: Added more items, but still have to add their Craft skill requirements.
[sblock=Item Pricing]As far as item pricing goes, I've mostly followed the guidelines in the DMG and Tome & Blood, with a few differences. The costs of expensive components in spells are factored directly into the market price and creation cost of items that involve such spells, and 50 castings of such spells where appropriate (like the staves with their 50 charges). Items with daily charges I treated as having 10x as many charges for purposes of material component cost, so for instance, Taurion's Battle Rod includes the price of 10 material components for the Taurion's Rapid Riposte spell given that it can produce that spell effect once per day.

I've rounded down to the nearest hundred GP in most cases, and I treat the extra spell trigger abilities of staves and such as half their normal value, except for the most-expensive spell trigger ability. Since they share the same pool of charges, limited to 50 uses in total before the staff burns out, I don't think the extra charge-depleting abilities should cost as much, and the normal discount noted in the DMG isn't enough by itself. Some spell trigger effects I've further cheapened by half or a smaller fraction based on how little they scale with caster level (for instance, Arcane Aura and Summoning Surge are 1st-level custom Aurelian spells that don't scale at all with caster level, so their prices should always be determined as per a 1st-level caster, while a core spell like Shield only barely scales with level in terms of duration, nor a very good duration, so I base its cost on half the normal caster level since it doesn't scale anywhere near as much as a Fireball or Magic Missile, for example).

I've judged some bonus feats and feat-equivalent effects to be similar to a +1 Cloak of Resistance or +2 on two skills for cost purposes, but so far I've only made items that grant a basic feat here and there, like Alertness or Point Blank Shot. Other effects I've based on a fraction of the cost of an attack bonus, given how narrowly and rarely their effect applies. The pearly black ioun stone is based on a 9th-level pearl of power but with a 25% discount because of its strict attunement limits and its own peculiar spell-recall limits, though it's not limited to preparation casters unlike a pearl of power (I also added a thousand GP to its price afterward to account for the minor advantages of it being an ioun stone and having a shorter activation).

The periapt of petrifaction protection is loosely based on the prices of periapts of health and other minor-immunity items, with a slight bump up in price given that it provides a minor AC boost in very rare circumstances (against petrifying monsters). Items like the Ring of Deception are priced in part based on the very-limited usefulness of their special abilities in combination with how rarely they're useable, despite the slightly broader options compared to something like a Cape of the Mountebank or Ring of Invisibility; the latter items are much more useful in general and much more directly helpful, while a Ring of Deception is a situationally somewhat-handy trinket but not so much a life-saver.[/sblock]

As a note, Charms and Garments are two types of magic item used in Aurelia which would normally be considered Wondrous Items or Rings in the core rules; Forge Ring is replaced with Craft Lesser Magic Charm and Craft Greater Magic Charm in Aurelia, while Tailor Magic Garment is a new item creation feat in Aurelia; magic clothing and similar items were removed from the Wondrous Item category into Magic Garments, while magic jewellry and similar items were removed from the Wondrous Item and Ring categories into Magic Charms. While magic items have a higher opportunity cost to create in Aurelia as a result of the larger number of item creation feats and the minor training cost of gaining them in my houserules, there is a good variety of magic items in Aurelia and adventurers can still make whatever items they need given enough time and treasure to pay for it. These rules just serve to emphasize the reduced number of magic items and reduced dependancy on them in Aurelia, and diminish the likelihood of magic item shops and magic item crafters as regular PC haunts/allies (they might find a local potion-maker or magic tailor with some items for sale in any given town or city, but no MagicMarts, thank you very much). With more variety and more rarity, you're less likely to find adventurers sporting the same bundle of magic items in each campaign.

More items will be added soon, particularly of the cheap variety; I feel there's a need for more useful but low-cost magic items for adventurers and NPCs. I'll also get around to posting the magic-related feats of Aurelia at some point in the near future (item creation, metamagic, divine, wild, and similar feats). Also, remember that I use 3.0 D&D as my baseline, so weapon sizes are handled differently from 3.5.

CHARMS

Eyes of the Archer
These gray crystal lenses are typically attached by leather cord for tying on like goggles. When both lenses are worn over the eyes, you ignore attack roll penalties for glare (but not any dazzled or blinded conditions inflicted upon you) and ignore half the normal range penalty for ranged attacks beyond one increment (this does not stack with other reductions in range penalties). You also gain the benefits of the Point Blank Shot feat while wearing these lenses, and gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Spot checks.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Divination. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, Point Blank Shot, Eagle Eye class feature or Farsight class feature. Cost to Create: 3,000 gp and 240 XP. Market Price: 6,000 gp. Weight: ---.

Ioun Stone, Pearly Black Sphere
This black pearl orbits the bearer's head like other ioun stones, and allows the bearer to recall one spell they have cast earlier in the day and cast it again. The ioun stone must orbit the bearer's head for 24 hours before allowing any spell recall, and this attunement period must begin again if the ioun stone is removed. Only one Pearly Black Sphere Ioun Stone may be attuned to any given individual at any given time. The ioun stone only allows one spell to be recalled per day, but it functions even for spells cast spontaneously (though it is still limited to recalling a spell already cast earlier that day). Triggering the recall is a free action, but must be done immediately before casting the spell again.

Caster Level: 12th. Aura: Strong Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Greater Magic Charm, Craft Lesser Magic Charm, caster level 12th or higher. Cost to Create: 31,000 gp and 2,480 XP. Market Price: 62,000 gp. Weight: ---.

Locket of Guardianship
A simple platinum locket on a gold necklace, the Locket of Guardianship is often worn by royal guards or the escorts of powerful people. It can be opened to store a small token of another creature within it, such as a lock of hair or a tiny painting, and the Locket's special power functions only while it stores such a token. Once per day as a free action (but not when the wearer is flat-footed), the wearer may trigger a Shield Other effect, as though he or she cast the spell, upon one individual whose token is stored in the Locket. This functions regardless of distance (unlike the spell's normal range limits) and without the spell's normal components, but ends prematurely if the Locket or its token is removed, or if either subject perishes. The Locket glows faintly while active, equivalent to a candle (any magical or psionic darkness is sufficient to suppress the glow).

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, Shield Other. Cost to Create: 1,425 gp and 106 XP. Market Price: 2,750 gp. Weight: 1/2 lb.

Locket of Remembrance
A beautifully-crafted silver locket on a silver chain necklace, the Locket of Remembrance can be opened to place a tiny painting or other small token inside it, such as a lock of hair from one's beloved. The Locket's wearer gains a +2 resistance bonus on Will saving throws against Enchantments and memory-altering effects (such as Modify Memory), as well as a +2 competence bonus on Intelligence checks related to memory (not skill checks); this bonus also applies to his or her effective Intelligence score against Maze effects. The wearer never forgets their memories of a single individual whose image or token is stored in the Locket while they wear it, and those particular memories cannot be altered by magic or other means.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, Resistance. Cost to Create: 250 gp and 20 XP. Market Price: 500 gp. Weight: 1/2 lb.

Periapt of Petrifaction Protection
This pearl is half-encased in a triangular bronze plate on a silver chain, adorned with lapis lazuli in each corner of the plate. Wearing it renders you immune to petrification and similar effects, including Flesh to Stone, Statue, Stoneskin, and the abilities of basilisks, cockatrices, and medusae, among other things. Furthermore, you gain a +2 luck bonus to Armor Class against the melee attacks of any monsters that possess a petrification racial ability (including spell-like abilities like Flesh to Stone). Placing the Periapt upon an already-petrified subject does nothing, but it does halt and undo any incomplete gradual petrification effects.

Caster Level: 9th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, Break Enchantment or Stone to Flesh. Cost to Create: 4,500 gp and 360 XP. Market Price: 9,000 gp. Weight: 1 lb.

Ring of Deception
This plain copper ring is etched with Gnomish runes along the inner side. Wearing it grants you a +5 enhancement bonus on Bluff and Perform (Acting) skill checks. Furthermore, once per day the ring may produce a Major Image (DC 14) as per the spell, as a free action (though further concentration to maintain the illusion requires a standard action each round as normal). It may likewise produce a Change Self (DC 11) spell effect or Ventriloquism (DC 11) spell effect once per day as a free action, a Ghost Sound (DC 10) spell effect once per day as a free action, and a Mirror Image spell effect or Misdirection (DC 13) spell effect once per day as a free action.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Illusion. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, must know the Gnomish language, must be literate, Change Self, Ghost Sound, Major Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, Ventriloquism. Cost to Create: 7,000 gp and 560 XP. Market Price: 14,000 gp. Weight: ---.

Ring of Ropework
Wearing this brass ring, decorated with knotwork etchings, grants you a +5 enhancement bonus on Use Rope skill checks, and on Escape Artist checks to escape rope or similar bonds (not manacles or the like). Once per day, you may use the Animate Rope spell as a free action while wearing the Ring of Ropework.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Charm, Animate Rope. Cost to Create: 1,900 gp and 152 XP. Market Price: 3,800 gp. Weight: ---.

RODS

Rod of Escalation
This short, simple oaken rod is tapered near the bottom and adorned only with a single, twisting line carved along its length. Knocking on the broad, flat top of the Rod causes the bottom to extend into a symmetrical +1/+1 Quarterstaff one size larger than the wielder's size category. Knocking on the handle reverts the Rod back into its normal, compact form. Tapping the bottom of the Rod (in its normal form) upon any surface causes the Rod of Escalation to Levitate, as per the spell, along with the wielder. It may Levitate for up to 1 hour per day, which need not be consecutive rounds. The Rod ceases levitating once released or when you tap it upon another surface. It can even Levitate underwater, pulling the wielder towards the surface if desired. Finally, by speaking the proper command word while holding the Rod of Escalation, you may gain the effects of an Enlarge spell up to three times per day (ending prematurely if you let go of the Rod).

Caster Level: 9th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Rod, Enlarge, Levitate. Cost to Create: 5,612 gp and 5 sp and 401 XP. Market Price: 10,625 gp. Weight: 2 lbs.

Rod of the Sentinel Tree
A stout 2-foot wooden rod carefully hewn from a tree branch, the Rod of the Sentinel Tree feels warm to the touch and is made of living wood. Functioning as a Medium-sized +1 Club, the Rod of the Sentinel Tree has three other functions. It grants any wielder the effects of the Alertness feat (but does not grant them that feat, and this does not stack with the actual feat). Furthermore, its wielder gains the effects of Barkskin as per the spell, so long as he or she holds the Rod of the Sentinel Tree. Once per day it may be transformed into a treantlike creature as per the Changestaff spell, by speaking the command word and planting it in the ground (no longer conferring the Rod's other benefits until returned to normal form). However, even if destroyed in treant-form, the Rod is restored in an inert form (losing its magical properties) for 24 hours and is then fully restored.

Caster Level: 13th. Aura: Strong Transmutation. Prerequisites: Alertness, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Rod, Barkskin, Changestaff. Cost to Create: 25,125 gp and 1,986 XP. Market Price: 49,950 gp. Weight: 3 lbs.

Taurion's Battle Rod
A 4-foot steel rod with four small studs around both ends, Taurion's Battle Rod is an arcane weapon of war with many functions. In its normal form, the rod is a Medium-sized +1 Heavy Mace. By pressing one of the studs near the base as a free action, it telescopes out into a Medium-sized +1 Heavy Lance (pressing the same stud again retracts the lance portion). The Battle Rod's weapon forms may be further enhanced as one weapon. The other three studs along the base trigger the following spell-like effects, each up to once per day as a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity: Mage Armor, Mount, and Shield. If the rod is in its lance-form, then those three studs instead produce the following spell-like effects, each up to once per day as a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity (in addition to any daily uses of the other three functions): Taurion's Arcane Reinforcement, Taurion's Rapid Riposte, and Taurion's Force Lance.

Lastly, each of the four studs at the striking end of the mace-form has a special function that may be triggered once per day with a command word (each has a different command word, and no more than one of these special functions may be active at a time). One striking stud's command deals +2d6 fire damage on the next successful hit with the mace, within 1 minute. Another striking stud's command deals +2d6 cold damage on the next successful hit with the mace, within 1 minute. The third striking stud's command deals +2d6 electricity damage on the next successful hit with the mace, within 1 minute. The fourth striking stud's command deals +2d6 acid damage on the next successful hit with the mace, within 1 minute. All active special functions of Taurion's Battle Rod (including spell-like effects produced by it) are deactivated if you release your hold on the rod, ending their effects prematurely.

Caster Level: 10th. Aura: Moderate Evocation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Rod, Mage Armor, Mount, Shield, Taurion's Arcane Reinforcement, Taurion's Rapid Riposte, Taurion's Force Lance. Cost to Create: 17,542 gp and 1,329 XP. Market Price: 34,042 gp. Weight: 12 lbs.

STAVES

Staff of Arcane Fortitude
An oaken staff tapered near the bottom, ringed with bands of steel and inscribed with arcane sigils. On command, it transforms into a +1 Greatclub or reverts back to staff-form, but still retains its other functions. The wielder automatically gains proficiency in greatclubs. A Staff of Arcane Fortitude has 50 charges when created, and each of its abilities expends one or more charges when used (except its function as a +1 Greatclub, or any further enhancements and magic weapon abilities added to that form). The wielder may use the following spells by spell trigger activation:
* Arcane Aura (1 charge)
* Arcane Might (2 charges)
* Aura of Luck (2 charges)
* Battle Charm (DC 13, 1 charge)
* Fate Shield (1 charge)
* Mystic Fortitude (2 charges)
* Protection from Elements (2 charges)
* Revenant Strike (2 charges)
* Shield (1 charge)
* Shocking Aura (2 charges)
* Summoning Surge (1 charge)

Caster Level: 10th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Staff, Arcane Aura, Arcane Might, Aura of Luck, Battle Charm, Fate Shield, Mystic Fortitude, Protection from Elements, Revenant Strike, Shield, Shocking Aura, Summoning Surge. Cost to Create: 16,755 gp and 1,200 XP. Market Price: 31,755 gp. Weight: 3 lbs. (10 lbs. as greatclub)

Staff of Force
A short oaken staff capped on top with rune-etched steel. A Staff of Force has 50 charges when created, and each of its abilities expends one or more charges when used. The wielder may use the following spells by spell trigger activation:
* Arcane Aura (1 charge)
* Force Spike (1 charge)
* Force Weapon (2 charges)
* Mage Armor (1 charge)
* Magic Missile (1 charge)
* Repellent Aura (2 charges)
* Shield (1 charge)

Caster Level: 9th. Aura: Moderate Evocation. Prerequisites: Craft Staff, Arcane Aura, Force Spike, Force Weapon, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Repellent Aura, Shield. Cost to Create: 7,760 gp and 620 XP. Market Price: 15,510 gp. Weight: 4 lbs.

Staff of the Apprentice
A spindly pole carved of common wood, this staff bears a prism atop one end entwined with small wooden fingers. Staves of the Apprentice are typically given to young mages who are still studying minor arcane magic, as an aid to their studies and a defensive implement. A Staff of the Apprentice has 50 charges when created, and most of its abilities expend charges when used. Though unsuited to direct use in combat, a Staff of the Apprentice has various minor magical spells the wielder may call upon (spell trigger activation like any other magic staff):
* Chromatic Ray (DC 12, 2 charges)
* Color Spray (DC 11, 2 charges)
* Daze (DC 11, 1 charge)
* Detect Magic (1 charge)
* Detect Poison (1 charge)
* Disrupt Undead (1 charge)
* Endure Elements (2 charges)
* Light (1 charge)
* Mage Hand (1 charge)
* Prestidigitation (1 charge)
* Read Magic (1 charge)
In addition to these functions, a Staff of the Apprentice has the following effects so long as it has any charges remaining. It grants the wielder a +2 competence bonus on Spellcraft skill checks, but automatically negates any Arcane Lock, Knock, or Hold Portal spells and similar effects used by the wielder, except those spells and effects with a caster level of 6th or higher (this negation effect also persists for 1 hour after releasing a Staff of the Apprentice).

Caster Level: 6th. Aura: Moderate Divination. Prerequisites: Craft Staff, Chromatic Ray, Color Spray, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Disrupt Undead, Endure Elements, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic. Cost to Create: 2,575 gp and 206 XP. Market Price: 5,150 gp. Weight: 3-1/2 lbs.

Staff of the Master
A spindly but sturdy darkwood pole, this staff bears a large rock crystal atop one end entwined with small wooden fingers, and likewise has a widened base for better support as a walking stick. Staves of the Master are typically wielded by teachers in magical guilds or academies as a sign of their importance and arcane prowess. A Staff of the Master has 50 charges when created, and most of its abilities expend charges when used. Though unsuited to direct use in combat, a Staff of the Master has various magical spells the wielder may call upon (spell trigger activation like any other magic staff):
* Detect Magic (1 charge)
* Dimension Door (2 charges)
* Dispel Magic (2 charges)
* Fear (DC 16, 2 charges)
* Invisibility (1 charge)
* Light (1 charge)
* Lightning Bolt (DC 14, 2 charges)
* Protection from Elements (2 charges)
* See Invisibility (1 charge)
* Suggestion (DC 14, 2 charges)
* Summon Monster IV (2 charges)
In addition to these functions, a Staff of the Master grants the wielder a +5 competence bonus on Knowledge (Arcana) and Spellcraft skill checks, so long as it has any charges remaining.

Caster Level: 10th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Staff, Detect Magic, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Fear, Invisibility, Light, Lightning Bolt, Protection from Elements, Summon Monster IV. Cost to Create: 18,500 gp and 1,480 XP. Market Price: 37,000 gp. Weight: 2 lbs.

WONDROUS ITEMS

Black Dragon Salve
This black paste comes in a small wooden container. When lathered upon living flesh, the Black Dragon Salve is absorbed into the subject's flesh and provides him or her with a semblence of the capabilities possessed by black dragons. Each container holds enough Black Dragon Salve for one use on a single subject. Applying it is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The subject sprouts hard black scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Acid 10 as an extraordinary quality, and gains the effects of a Water Breathing spell. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Hide, Intimidate, and Move Silently skill checks as a supernatural quality.

Lastly, the subject may spit acid as a breath weapon like that of a black dragon, but only once per application of Black Dragon Salve. This acid spit deals 2d4 points of acid damage in a 30-foot line (Reflex DC 13 halves). An application of Black Dragon Salve last for 1 hour, and during that time, the subject's alignment changes to Chaotic Evil and their behavior changes to match. Likewise, for the duration of this effect, the subject suffers a -4 profane penalty on saving throws against Mind-Affecting Effects produced by black dragons. The subject may attempt a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effects of Black Dragon Salve when it is lathered upon their flesh.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Chaotic Evil alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, must possess a black dragon's scale. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP and a black dragon's scale. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Blue Dragon Salve
This blue paste comes in a small clay container. When lathered upon living flesh, the Blue Dragon Salve is absorbed into the subject's flesh and provides him or her with a semblence of the capabilities possessed by blue dragons. Each container holds enough Blue Dragon Salve for one use on a single subject. Applying it is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The subject sprouts hard blue scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Electricity 10 as an extraordinary quality, and gains the extraordinary ability to burrow at a speed of 10 feet through relatively-soft earthen material (not stone, metal, or crystal), leaving no tunnel (or increasing the subject's existing burrowing speed by +10 feet as an enhancement bonus). They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Bluff and Hide skill checks as a supernatural quality.

Lastly, the subject may spit lightning as a breath weapon like that of a blue dragon, but only once per application of Blue Dragon Salve. This lightning spit deals 2d8 points of electricity damage in a 30-foot line (Reflex DC 14 halves). An application of Blue Dragon Salve last for 1 hour, and during that time, the subject's alignment changes to Lawful Evil and their behavior changes to match. Likewise, for the duration of this effect, the subject suffers a -4 profane penalty on saving throws against Mind-Affecting Effects produced by blue dragons. The subject may attempt a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effects of Blue Dragon Salve when it is lathered upon their flesh.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Lawful Evil alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, must possess a blue dragon's scale. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP and a blue dragon's scale. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Brass Dragon Wafer
A small treat with a brassy sheen to it, wrapped in paper, Brass Dragon Wafers are created occasionally by goodly priests of the draconic deities. Consuming this wafer temporarily grants the subject some of a brass dragon's capabilities. Consuming it is equivalent to imbibing a potion. The subject sprouts hard brassy scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Fire 10 as an extraordinary quality. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Gather Information skill checks, as well as a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength, as a supernatural quality. The effects of a Brass Dragon Wafer last for 1 hour. Only Chaotic Good living creatures receive any benefit from a Brass Dragon Wafer.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Chaotic Good alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, wafer must be touched by a brass dragon. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Bronze Dragon Wafer
A small treat with a bronzed sheen to it, wrapped in paper, Bronze Dragon Wafers are created occasionally by goodly priests of the draconic deities. Consuming this wafer temporarily grants the subject some of a bronze dragon's capabilities. Consuming it is equivalent to imbibing a potion. The subject sprouts hard bronzed scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Electricity 10 as an extraordinary quality, as well as gaining the Water Breathing ability of bronze dragons. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Swim skill checks, as well as a +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, as a supernatural quality. The effects of a Bronze Dragon Wafer last for 1 hour. Only Lawful Good living creatures receive any benefit from a Bronze Dragon Wafer.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Lawful Good alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, wafer must be touched by a bronze dragon. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Copper Dragon Wafer
A small treat with a coppery sheen to it, wrapped in paper, Copper Dragon Wafers are created occasionally by goodly priests of the draconic deities. Consuming this wafer temporarily grants the subject some of a copper dragon's capabilities. Consuming it is equivalent to imbibing a potion. The subject sprouts hard coppery scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Acid 10 as an extraordinary quality, as well as gaining the Spider Climb ability of copper dragons. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Bluff and Jump skill checks, as well as a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma, as a supernatural quality. The effects of a Copper Dragon Wafer last for 1 hour. Only Chaotic Good living creatures receive any benefit from a Copper Dragon Wafer.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Chaotic Good alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, wafer must be touched by a copper dragon. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Gold Dragon Wafer
A small treat with a golden sheen to it, wrapped in paper, Gold Dragon Wafers are created occasionally by goodly priests of the draconic deities. Consuming this wafer temporarily grants the subject some of a gold dragon's capabilities. Consuming it is equivalent to imbibing a potion. The subject sprouts hard golden scales that provide a +3 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +3 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Fire 10 as an extraordinary quality. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Diplomacy skill checks and a +2 enhancement bonus to Wisdom, as a supernatural quality. The effects of a Gold Dragon Wafer last for 1 hour. Only Lawful Good living creatures receive any benefit from a Gold Dragon Wafer.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Lawful Good alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, wafer must be touched by a gold dragon. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Green Dragon Salve
This green paste comes in a small wooden container. When lathered upon living flesh, the Green Dragon Salve is absorbed into the subject's flesh and provides him or her with a semblence of the capabilities possessed by green dragons. Each container holds enough Green Dragon Salve for one use on a single subject. Applying it is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The subject sprouts hard green scales that provide a +3 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +3 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Acid 10 as an extraordinary quality. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Hide, Intimidate, and Wilderness Lore skill checks as a supernatural quality.

Lastly, the subject may spit corrosive gas as a breath weapon like that of a green dragon, but only once per application of Green Dragon Salve. This corrosive gas deals 2d6 points of acid damage in a 15-foot cone (Reflex DC 13 halves). An application of Green Dragon Salve last for 1 hour, and during that time, the subject's alignment changes to Lawful Evil and their behavior changes to match. Likewise, for the duration of this effect, the subject suffers a -4 profane penalty on saving throws against Mind-Affecting Effects produced by green dragons. The subject may attempt a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effects of Green Dragon Salve when it is lathered upon their flesh.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Lawful Evil alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, must possess a green dragon's scale. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP and a green dragon's scale. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Mystic Compass
An iron arrowhead suspended in a water-filled, magically-hardened glass dome, the Mystic Compass always points north. This is a lesser form of the Universal Compass.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Divination. Prerequisites: Craft Minor Wondrous Item, Know Direction. Cost to Create: 500 gp and 40 XP. Market Price: 1,000 gp. Weight: 1 lb.

Red Dragon Salve
This red paste comes in a small clay container. When lathered upon living flesh, the Red Dragon Salve is absorbed into the subject's flesh and provides him or her with a semblence of the capabilities possessed by red dragons. Each container holds enough Red Dragon Salve for one use on a single subject. Applying it is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The subject sprouts hard red scales that provide a +3 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +3 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Fire 10 as an extraordinary quality. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Appraise and Jump skill checks as a supernatural quality.

Lastly, the subject may spit fire as a breath weapon like that of a red dragon, but only once per application of Red Dragon Salve. This fire spit deals 2d10 points of fire damage in a 15-foot cone (Reflex DC 15 halves). An application of Red Dragon Salve last for 1 hour, and during that time, the subject's alignment changes to Chaotic Evil and their behavior changes to match. Likewise, for the duration of this effect, the subject suffers a -4 profane penalty on saving throws against Mind-Affecting Effects produced by red dragons. The subject may attempt a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effects of Red Dragon Salve when it is lathered upon their flesh.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Chaotic Evil alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, must possess a red dragon's scale. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP and a red dragon's scale. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Silver Dragon Wafer
A small treat with a silvery sheen to it, wrapped in paper, Silver Dragon Wafers are created occasionally by goodly priests of the draconic deities. Consuming this wafer temporarily grants the subject some of a silver dragon's capabilities. Consuming it is equivalent to imbibing a potion. The subject sprouts hard silvery scales that provide a +3 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +3 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Cold 5 as an extraordinary quality, as well as gaining the Cloudwalking ability of silver dragons. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Jump skill checks and a +2 enhancement bonus to Constitution, as a supernatural quality. The effects of a Silver Dragon Wafer last for 1 hour. Only Lawful Good living creatures receive any benefit from a Silver Dragon Wafer.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Lawful Good alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, wafer must be touched by a silver dragon. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Universal Compass
A gold arrowhead suspended in a water-filled, magically-hardened glass dome, the Universal Compass always points north. Once per day on command, the Universal Compass grants the benefits of a Safety spell to one creature holding it, but this Safety spell ends prematurely if they let go of the Universal Compass. This item looks identical to a Mystic Compass except for its golden arrowhead.

Caster Level: 6th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Minor Wondrous Item, Know Direction, Safety. Cost to Create: 3,700 gp and 296 XP. Market Price: 7,400 gp. Weight: 1 lb.

White Dragon Salve
This white paste comes in a small bone container. When lathered upon living flesh, the White Dragon Salve is absorbed into the subject's flesh and provides him or her with a semblence of the capabilities possessed by white dragons. Each container holds enough White Dragon Salve for one use on a single subject. Applying it is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The subject sprouts hard white scales that provide a +2 natural armor bonus to AC or increase the subject's existing natural armor by +2 as an enhancement bonus. Furthermore, the subject gains Resistance to Cold 15 as an extraordinary quality, and gains the Icewalking ability of a white dragon. They gain a +5 enhancement bonus on Hide skill checks as a supernatural quality.

Lastly, the subject may spit ice as a breath weapon like that of a white dragon, but only once per application of White Dragon Salve. This ice spit deals 1d6 points of cold damage in a 15-foot cone (Reflex DC 12 halves). An application of White Dragon Salve last for 1 hour, and during that time, the subject's alignment changes to Chaotic Evil and their behavior changes to match. Likewise, for the duration of this effect, the subject suffers a -4 profane penalty on saving throws against Mind-Affecting Effects produced by white dragons. The subject may attempt a Will save (DC 14) to negate the effects of White Dragon Salve when it is lathered upon their flesh.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Chaotic Evil alignment, Craft Minor Wondrous Item, must possess a white dragon's scale. Cost to Create: 400 gp and 32 XP and a white dragon's scale. Market Price: 800 gp. Weight: 1/10 lb.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Further Aurelian magic items

I'll add more to this post later. Already added a lot more in the last day or two. Moved a few items at the end to the next post.

ARMOR AND SHIELD SPECIAL ABILITIES

Acid Resistance
A suit of armor or a shield with this enchantment normally has a dull gray appearance. The armor absorbs the first 12 points of acid damage per round that the wearer would normally take (similar to the Resist Elements spell, but it can function alongside such spells when they are applied to different energy types). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from the core rules.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Resist Elements. Cost to Create: 3,000 gp and 240 XP. Market Price: +6,000 gp.

Cold Resistance
A suit of armor or a shield with this enchantment normally has a bluish, icy hue or is adorned with furs and shaggy pelts. The armor absorbs the first 12 points of cold damage per round that the wearer would normally take (similar to the Resist Elements spell, but it can function alongside such spells when they are applied to different energy types). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from the core rules.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Resist Elements. Cost to Create: 3,000 gp and 240 XP. Market Price: +6,000 gp.

Entangling
A shield with this ability sprouts short vines whenever it hits a creature successfully in a shield bash attack. The vines tangle about the victim and hinder them briefly, depending on whether or not the Entangling shield's wielder chooses to hold the foe close or not. If not, then the vines break off from the shield and simply cause the foe to be entangled for 1 round similarly to the Entangle spell (but the vines cannot immobilze), except on a successful Reflex save (DC 11). The vines shrivel away to dust after that 1 round when entangling a foe.

If the wielder chooses to hold the foe close with the vines, then they remain attached to the shield and instead attempt to grapple the opponent (use the wielder's grapple check modifiers, but the wielder does not need a free hand, the vines do not need a touch attack, and this grapple attempt does not provoke attacks of opportunity). The grappling vines deal damage on successful grapple checks to establish a hold or to deal damage, as per the wielder's unarmed strikes. The wielder and victim are considered grappling so long as the vines maintain a successful hold, but the vines shrivel away to dust (ending the grapple) as soon as the opponent wins an opposed grapple check against them.

Damage dealt to the vines can destroy them sooner, whether they are entangling a foe or grappling them (5 HP, hardness 1, AC 10, full damage from fire, otherwise identical to standard objects for damage purposes). Only shields made primarily of wood may be given the Entangling ability, and only if they are useable for shield bash attacks. This is a new ability.

Caster Level: 1st. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Entangle. Cost to Create: 1,000 gp and 80 XP. Market Price: +2,000 gp.

Fire Resistance
A suit of armor or a shield with this enchantment normally has a reddish hue and often is decorated with a draconic motif. The armor absorbs the first 12 points of fire damage per round that the wearer would normally take (similar to the Resist Elements spell, but it can function alongside such spells when they are applied to different energy types). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from the core rules.

Healing
Once per day, this armor heals the wearer as if casting Cure Moderate Wounds on him or her (healing 2d8+3 hit points). This occurs automatically the first time in a day the wearer has been wounded to at least 20 hit points below his or her maximum hit points. The Healing magic armor ability functions an additional once per day per point of actual, magical enhancement bonus the armor possesses beyond +1 (for instance, if the armor has a +2 enhancement, then this ability triggers again on the second time the wearer is sufficiently injured in the same day). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from Oriental Adventures.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Conjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Cure Moderate Wounds, Deathwatch. Market Price: +1 bonus.

Ironbane
Once per day on command, a suit of armor with this ability produces the effects of a Rusting Grasp spell for the wearer. The spell automatically affects any suitable ferrous creature or nonmagical, nonpsionic ferrous object that strikes the armor while this spell is active (unlike normal for Rusting Grasp, but the spell still has its other functions). Striking the armor includes physical attacks (except touch attacks) that miss the wearer by an amount less than or equal to the armor's AC bonus, but not attacks that successfully hit the wearer instead. Only nonmetallic armors may be given the Ironbane ability. This is a new ability.

Caster Level: 7th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Rusting Grasp. Cost to Create: 5,000 gp and 400 XP. Market Price: +10,000 gp.

Lightning Resistance
A suit of armor or a shield with this enchantment normally has a bluish hue and often bears a storm or lightning motif. The armor absorbs the first 12 points of electricity damage per round that the wearer would normally take (similar to the Resist Elements spell, but it can function alongside such spells when they are applied to different energy types). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from the core rules.

Regenerating
Once per day on command, a suit of armor with this ability grants the wearer the benefits of a Regenerate Serious Wounds spell. This has no effect on nonliving subjects. The armor itself also repairs its own damage at the rate of 1 point per round while that ability is active. Only armors made from living or once-living material, such as padded, leather, studded leather, hide, shell, or wooden armor, may be given the Regenerating ability. This is a new ability.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Conjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Regenerate Serious Wounds. Cost to Create: 1,800 gp and 144 XP. Market Price: +3,600 gp.

Sonic Resistance
A suit of armor or a shield with this enchantment normally has a glistening appearance. The armor absorbs the first 12 points of sonic damage per round that the wearer would normally take (similar to the Resist Elements spell, but it can function alongside such spells when they are applied to different energy types). This is a similar but slightly different version of the original ability from the core rules.

ARMORS

Armor of Solidarity
This suit of +1 Studded Leather armor grants the wearer a +2 morale bonus on Will saving throws whenever he or she has a conscious ally of Intelligence 3 or higher within 10 feet, and provides this same morale bonus to conscious allies of Intelligence 3+ within 10 feet of the wearer. The armor is adorned with symbols of people working together or lined up together, on small steel shoulder pauldrons and shinguards.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Enchantment. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Friendship or Remove Fear. Cost to Create: 5,725 gp and and 404 XP. Market Price: 10,275 gp. Weight: 20 lbs.

Ascetic's Armor
A suit of +1 Padded Armor that appears to be nothing more than bulky religious garments, usually adorned with the symbols and colors of the maker's faith. Ascetic's Armor lends support to any priest (or other individual) wearing it when finding themselves in dangerous situations or on long pilgrimmages. The wearer may call upon a Create Food and Water, Heightened Calm Emotions (3rd-level, DC 14), or Heightened Sanctuary (3rd-level, DC 14) spell from the armor once per day on command, his or her choice which of these spells each time.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Heighten Spell, Calm Emotions, Create Food and Water, Sanctuary. Cost to Create: 2,155 gp and 140 XP. Market Price: 4,155 gp. Weight: 10 lbs.

Banded Mail of Bushido
A fine suit of +3 Mithral Banded Mail armor, the Banded Mail of Bushido is designed in the Mentari samurai style with a broad helm and fearsome mask, decorated in the colors of whichever clan commissioned it. This enchanted armor grants its wearer a +3 resistance bonus on Will saving throws, and its armor bonus (including any enhancement bonuses to it) magically applies against touch attacks, but these benefits only apply if the wearer is of Lawful alignment. Creatures of Chaotic alignment must make a Will save (DC 15) on each round that they attack anyone wearing Banded Mail of Bushido in melee, otherwise they become shaken with fear for that round (factored in before their attack rolls). This shaken condition does not stack.

The Banded Mail of Bushido bestows one negative level on any non-Lawful creature wearing it, or two negative levels on any Chaotic-aligned creature wearing it. These negative levels remain as long as the armor is worn and disappear as soon as the armor is removed. These negative levels never result in actual level loss, but cannot be overcome in any way (including Restoration spells) while the armor is worn.

Caster Level: 10th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Lawful alignment, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Cause Fear, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith. Cost to Create: 15,400 gp and 480 XP. Market Price: 21,400 gp. Weight: 17-1/2 lbs.

Chainmail of Chaos
This haphazard suit of +2 Chainmail armor is made with links of different shapes and sizes, with a few small steel plates here and there, giving it the look of something uncomfortable and ineffective. However, it's surprisingly effective and surprisingly unimpeding, as the links move and warp their size and position to some degree whenever the wearer moves or is attacked. This has the effect of lowering the armor's check penalty to just -1, raising its maximum allowed Dexterity bonus to AC to +5, and reducing its arcane spell failure chance to just 15%. Furthermore, the Chainmail of Chaos grants a +2 luck bonus to AC against attacks by foes of Lawful alignment, and provides you with a +2 luck bonus on saving throws against attacks and effects from such foes, including saves against other effects with the Lawful descriptor.

Furthermore, any foe who scores a critical hit against you while you wear the Chainmail of Chaos must make a DC 11 Will save or suffer the effects of a Random Action spell, or instead a DC 16 Will save against the effects of a Confusion spell if the foe is of Lawful alignment. The Chainmail of Chaos bestows one negative level on any non-Chaotic creature wearing it, or two negative levels on any Lawful-aligned creature wearing it. These negative levels remain as long as the armor is worn and disappear as soon as the armor is removed. These negative levels never result in actual level loss, but cannot be overcome in any way (including Restoration spells) while the armor is worn.

Caster Level: 8th. Aura: Moderate Enchantment. Prerequisites: Chaotic alignment, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Confusion, Random Action. Cost to Create: 6,300 gp and 480 XP. Market Price: 12,300 gp. Weight: 40 lbs.

Crabclaw Cuirass
The Crabclaw Cuirass is a suit of +1 Shell Armor made from crabshells and adorned with sharpened crabclaws that function as +1 Armor Spikes. This armor provides a +4 enhancement bonus on the wearer's grapple checks as its claws animate when needed to help out in such situations. The wearer of a Crabclaw Cuirass never provokes attacks of opportunity for making a grapple attempt. The wearer of this unusual armor can use Air Breathing or Protection from Elements or Water Breathing or Swim (with one application of Extend Spell to Swim) as a free action once per day upon himself or herself only, ending prematurely if the armor is removed, but functioning otherwise as per the spells of the same names. Choose which of these abilities to use each time.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Extend Spell, Air Breathing, Protection from Elements, Swim, Water Breathing. Cost to Create: 4,325 gp and 308 XP. Market Price: 8,175 gp. Weight: 30 lbs.

Desert Harness
A Desert Harness consists of a +1 Bronze Breastplate of Fire Resistance, including bronze epaulets and a few other armor-pieces, with elaborate sculpting to give the wearer a highly-muscular appearance, and magically alters its shape to fit male or female wearers and complement their figures. Moreso than just giving the appearance of exquisite musculature, the Desert Harness actually modifies the wearer's body slightly to make them more physically-fit, with a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution.

A Desert Harness includes light cloth robes and head-coverings, as well as a silk face-mask and darkened-crystal goggles, incorporating a Desert Outfit and providing its benefits despite being armored, thanks to the armor's own heat-dampening making it a non-issue. The goggles and facemask provide protection against sandstorms and dust storms (not magically-damaging ones, however), as well as negating the effects of glare (not light sensitivity or light blindness) and providing a +2 circumstance bonus on saving throws against blindness or dazzling caused by bright light. These latter benefits for desert survival (not the enhancements or Desert Outfit benefit) apply even if the armor's magic is suppressed.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Bull's Strength, Endurance, Resist Elements. Cost to Create: 8,356 gp and 632 XP. Market Price: 16,256 gp. Weight: 33 lbs.

Equestrian's Padding
This suit of +1 Padded Armor is checkered and colorful, usually depicting the original maker's or buyer's family colors and heraldry. It includes a heavily-padded but simple helmet with a wooden, steel, or bronze cap for added protection. Made for horse-riders in most cases (sometimes griffon-riders or others), Equestrian's Padding is ideally suited to breaking falls and assisting with mounted finesse. It grants the wearer a +5 enhancement bonus on Handle Animal and Ride skill checks as well as magically reducing the effective height of any fall by 10 feet for purposes of damage suffered, thus negating damage from any normal fall from a mount (but not one flying high up). It is made from very light and compact but springy materials, so it weighs less than other padded armors, and also has a maximum allowed Dexterity bonus to AC of +10 instead of +8 so long as its magical properties are in effect.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Handle Animal 5+ ranks, Ride 5+ ranks, Levitate. Cost to Create: 1,560 gp and 112 XP. Market Price: 2,960 gp. Weight: 5 lbs.

Farstride Leather
A finely-tooled suit of +1 Leather decorated with stitchings of swift animals like deer, antelopes, cheetahs, horses, and wolves, Farstride Leather lends its wearer some of the speed possessed by such animals. The wearer gains an enhancement bonus of +10 feet added to his or her base movement speed, and also enjoys a +5 enhancement bonus on Tumble skill checks.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Expeditious Retreat. Cost to Create: 1,485 gp and 66 XP. Market Price: 2,810 gp. Weight: 15 lbs.

Glacial Breastplate
This +3 Mithral Breastplate is freezing-cold to the touch, except to its wearer. Decorated with emblems of ice and white dragons as well as Aquan and Auran runes, a Glacial Breastplate is always coated on the outer side with a layer of frost. The Breastplate and its wearer are immune to cold damage and the effects of cold (such as hypothermia), though donning the Breastplate doesn't negate any such effects already suffered beforehand (just halting the progress of hypothermia). Any successful melee attack against the Breastplate or its wearer causes 1d6 points of cold damage to the attacker, as a surge of frost travels along their weapon or striking appendage onto them. Furthermore, the wearer of this armor is virtually as immovable as a glacier, adding the Breastplate's total armor bonus to his or her opposed checks against bull rush or trip attempts (or similar knockback or knockdown effects, such as from a Telekinesis spell), and on Balance checks to stand or move on slippery surfaces (and to remain standing on them).

Caster Level: 9th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Balance 5+ ranks, must know the Aquan and Auran languages, must be literate, Lesser Cold Orb, Protection from Elements. Cost to Create: 25,500 gp and 1,692 XP. Market Price: 46,650 gp. Weight: 15 lbs.

Greenwood Armor
A harness of greenish wooden plates over thin leather, this +1 Regenerating Wooden Armor is crafted from the flexible greenwood of a young tree, usually one knocked down in a storm or other incident. Greenwood Armor is magically altered to be more flexible than normal wooden armor yet just as tough, making its maximum Dexterity bonus to AC +5 instead of +4 and reducing its armor check penalty to -1 instead of the -2 that masterwork wooden armor would otherwise have, and its arcane spell failure chance is 10% instead of 15%. Besides these differences, Greenwood Armor grants its wearer extra vitality in the form of a +4 luck bonus on saving throws against Death effects (including saving throws against coup de grace attempts or death from massive damage), and on saving throws against other negative energy effects, and against the paralyzing touch or bite of ghouls, ghasts, and abyssal ghouls (including the Ghoul Touch spell). Only living creatures may gain this saving throw bonus.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Conjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Regenerate Serious Wounds, Wood Shape. Cost to Create: 3,515 gp and 268 XP. Market Price: 6,865 gp. Weight: 15 lbs.

Harness of the Hero
This suit of +1 Healing Adamantine Splintmail bears a bold design and glitters with fierce golden lion-heads, silver dragons, electrum ram's-heads, bronze griffons, and platinum angels. In addition to being stylish and menacing, the Harness of the Hero grants its wearer heroic stature and valor. It grants a +2 circumstance bonus on the wearer's Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. Once per day, it may bestow an Enlarge spell upon the wearer as a free action. Good-aligned characters wearing this armor are immune to fear effects. Anyone wearing the Harness of the Hero ignores the speed reduction for heavy armor and/or a heavy load when charging at an opposing creature for a melee attack.

The Harness of the Hero bestows one negative level on any non-Good creature wearing it, or two negative levels on any Evil-aligned creature wearing it. These negative levels remain as long as the armor is worn and disappear as soon as the armor is removed. These negative levels never result in actual level loss, but cannot be overcome in any way (including Restoration spells) while the armor is worn.

Caster Level: 10th. Aura: Moderate Conjuration. Prerequisites: Good alignment, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Cure Moderate Wounds, Deathwatch, Enlarge, Remove Fear. Cost to Create: 16,575 gp and 458 XP. Market Price: 20,800 gp. Weight: 45 lbs.

Hauberk of the Harbinger
This +2 Chain Shirt is always gleaming and never soiled or tarnished, no matter what it's exposed to. It never rusts and is immune to corrosive effects, including acid damage (though the wearer gains no such protection). Furthermore, it glimmers and shines in anything but magical or psionic darkness, shedding light equivalent to a Light spell, and gives off a slight glare in the eyes of those attacking its wearer, imposing a -1 penalty on attack rolls against the wearer as though from dazzling light. The armor may produce a Sculpt Sound spell effect once per day on command, subject to the wearer's control, and the wearer may also invoke a Summon Monster III spell effect once per day on command. The armor always bestows a +2 enhancement bonus to the wearer's Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Perform (Oratory or Singing) skill checks.

Lastly, a Hauberk of the Harbinger grants its wearer one extra use of Bardic Music per day, or provides them with one use of Bardic Music per day as per a 1st-level basic Bard (with all of the applicable Bardic Music options of such) if they do not already have the ability (this does not qualify them for feats that would require Bardic Music). Anyone granted Bardic Music in this manner (if they did not already possess it) is treated as having 4 ranks in all Perform skills for purposes of using Bardic Music and making the Perform checks for it.

Caster Level: 6th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Bardic Music, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Perform (Oratory or Singing) 4+ ranks, Light, Sculpt Sound, Summon Monster III. Cost to Create: 7,925 gp and 514 XP. Market Price: 15,600 gp. Weight: 25 lbs.

Insulation Suit
An unusual suit of +1 Padded Armor of mottled colors and patterns, the Insulation Suit protects its wearer from a wide variety of dangers as well as proving surprisingly springy when stricken. The wearer gains Damage Reduction 5/+1, Resistance to Acid 5, Resistance to Cold 5, Resistance to Electricity 5, Resistance to Fire 5, and Resistance to Sonics 5 as supernatural qualities (the Insulation Suit itself also has these Resistances, but not DR). Since an Insulation Suit covers the entire body, including the head, neck, hands, and feet, it magically seals the wearer off from some environmental and unnatural hazards, such as gasses and airborne illnesses, among other things (such as Mind Fog, Cloudkill, or a troglodyte's Stench, but not an Incendiary Cloud).

It does not prevent normal damage from such effects, however, beyond what its granted DR and ER provides (though the suit does immediately seal any tears or other damaged portions of the armor; this does not repair damage, but merely maintains the environmental seal). The suit magically protects against normal insects, arachnids, worms, and leeches while sealed, but not monstrous, magical, psionic, or unusually-large ones (such as giant bees, monstrous scorpions, giant leeches, purple worms, or Summon Swarm). Attacks that hit the wearer still deliver their normal effects, but the magical seal still prevents environmental hazards (including the unnatural ones as mentioned above, such as normal insects and the damage they would deal) from passing through to the Insulation Suit's wearer.

The wearer's head is covered by the padded hood and face-mask of the Insulation Suit, with built-in wide-lens goggles providing eye protection without inhibiting sight. The Insulation Suit does not have its own air supply, but does magically filter air through the face-mask to purify it, so the wearer may breathe normally while sealed within the armor. The wearer may remove the hood and face-mask when desired (a move-equivalent action to don or remove that portion of the armor), but doing so negates the magical seal until they are donned again. An Insulation Suit is always magically clean and never soiled.

Caster Level: 9th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Endure Elements, Filter, Mage Armor, Prestidigitation. Cost to Create: 6,830 gp and 534 XP. Market Price: 13,505 gp. Weight: 10 lbs.

Reefwarrior Armor
This suit of +3 Ironbane Coral Armor is both colorful and deadly, with sharp protrusions on the outer side that serve as +1 Armor Spikes. Anyone wearing this enchanted coral may tread upon, climb upon, or otherwise come into contact with coral and suffer no harm or hindrance for doing so, not even from other organisms growing upon the coral or living amongst it (so long as they do not pass outside the formation). Furthermore, once per day on command, the wearer may call upon the armor for the effects of a Poison (DC 19 after including a +5 bonus granted by this armor) spell or a Neutralize Poison spell, his or her choice which one each time.

Caster Level: 7th. Aura: Moderate Transmutation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Neutralize Poison, Poison, Rusting Grasp. Cost to Create: 13,025 gp and 1,012 XP. Market Price: 25,675 gp. Weight: 40 lbs.

Swordbreaker Plate
A truly formidable-looking harness, the Swordbreaker Plate is a suit of +5 Adamantine Full Plate armor with +1 Adamantine Armor Spikes, set in a wicked design to strike fear into the hearts of enemies. It provides a +2 circumstance bonus on the wearer's Intimidate checks. However, its most formidable feature is its ability to break virtually any weapon striking it. Only adamantine weapons (and others of hardness 20 or higher) or weapons with a higher enhancement bonus are immune to this armor's weapon-breaking ability. The armor's magical enhancement bonus is its effective magic weapon enhancement bonus for this purpose. Other weapons that hit the armor (including those that miss the wearer by an amount equal to or less than the Swordbreaker Plate's total armor bonus, but not attacks that miss by more than that or which hit the wearer), excluding touch attacks and whips (or lassos, or similar weapons made of soft, corded material), must succeed at a DC 15 Fortitude save or suffer 20 points of bludgeoning damage from the impact (subject to the weapon's hardness as normal). Natural weapons or unarmed strikes that suffer this effect instead simply cause 5 points of bludgeoning damage to the attacking creature (subject to Damage Reduction or Regeneration, if any).

Caster Level: 15th. Aura: Strong Evocation. Prerequisites: Craft Greater Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Shatter. Cost to Create: 61,550 gp and 3,724 XP. Market Price: 108,100 gp. Weight: 60 lbs.

Timberwolf Hide
This suit of +1 Hide Armor of Cold Resistance is furry and obviously wolf-hide, with the head and shoulders of a wolf on top in place of a helm. Alchemical preservatives give it a musky smell. The wearer gains the Scent ability of a wolf (including the wolf's +4 racial bonus on Wilderness Lore checks to follow a trail by smell), which is not hampered by the Timberwolf Hide's own musk. Furthermore, the wearer gains a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide skill checks in forested or cold environments, such as arctic tundra or a jungle, as the Timberwolf Hide shifts colors and patterns to blend in with such environments. Lastly, the wolf-head on this armor animates and bites at foes on occasion, effectively granting the wearer one extra attack of opportunity per round. This attack of opportunity cannot be used for other purposes, and only applies within 5 feet of the wearer. The bite is made at a +4 attack bonus and deals 1d6+2 damage on a successful hit (double on a critical hit, and threatening critical hits on a natural attack roll of 20). Treat it as a +1 magic weapon (already factored in). The bite cannot trip foes, unlike a living wolf's bite.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Abjuration. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Magic Fang, Resist Elements, Scent. Cost to Create: 6,940 gp and 532 XP. Market Price: 13,715 gp. Weight: 25 lbs.

SHIELDS

Darkthorn Shield
This simple-looking +1 Heavy Darkwood Spiked Shield of Entangling is deceptively dangerous, for it sprouts thorny vines on impact when used for shield bashes. While its own shield spikes are darkwood specially grown from the shield and hardened by magic, the true danger is the thorny vines of this shield's Entangling ability. Unlike a typical magic shield of Entangling, the Darkthorn Shield's vines from that ability are covered in sharp, poisonous thorns.

These thorns inflict 1d4 points of bonus piercing damage with each successful grapple check made by the vines, and on any successful entangling done by the vines when breaking off from the shield. This bonus damage is not multiplied on critical hits. However, each time that these thorns directly, successfully damage a foe (after factoring in Damage Reduction and other defenses), that foe must attempt a Fortitude save against DC 15 to avoid 1 point of temporary Strength damage from the poison (with another save 1 minute later against the same effect, regardless of the first save's outcome). Only living creatures are susceptible to the poison.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Necromancy. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Entangle, Poison. Cost to Create: 2,817 gp and 160 XP. Market Price: 5,317 gp. Weight: 7-1/2 lbs.

Shield of the Sirine
A +1 Mithral Buckler designed to look like the face of a beautiful woman with flowing hair around her, this enchanted item is just as alluring and tricky as the sea-maidens it is designed after. The wearer of this shield may use either a Heightened Charm Person spell effect, a Confusion spell effect, a Heghtened Hold Person spell effect, a Heightened Major Image spell effect, a Rainbow Pattern spell effect, or a Heightened Suggestion spell effect, once per day on command. Choose which of these abilities to use each time. Each is considered a 4th-level spell with a Will save DC of 16. In addition, the wearer gains a +5 enhancement bonus on Perform and Swim skill checks.

Caster Level: 7th. Aura: Moderate Enchantment. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Heighten Spell, Perform (Singing) 5+ ranks, Swim 5+ ranks, Charm Person, Confusion, Hold Person, Major Image, Rainbow Pattern, Suggestion. Cost to Create: 8,515 gp and 548 XP. Market Price: 15,865 gp. Weight: 2-1/2 lbs.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Even more Aurelian magic items

More will be added to this post next week. Most of what's below was just moved from the previous post, but I added a few things to this one as well. The earlier post with magic charms, wondrous items, staves, and rods will also be updated next week with a few new items.

WEAPON SPECIAL ABILITIES

Bleak
Any weapon with the Bleak ability inflicts despair upon those it strikes, hampering their ability to fight on or escape. The weapon usually has dull surfaces that don't reflect much light. Each successful hit by a Bleak weapon, if it deals damage successfully (after factoring in Damage Reduction and other factors), causes the victim to suffer from the effects of a Doom spell (DC 11) if not already under that spell. Only living creatures are susceptible to this side-effect. This is a new ability.

Caster Level: 1st. Aura: Faint Enchantment. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Doom. Cost to Create: 1,000 gp and 80 XP. Market Price: +2,000 gp.

WEAPONS

Graysaber
This +1 Bleak Saber has a dull gray blade and handle, unadorned and unremarkable in appearance except for the unusually minimal sheen of its steel. The wielder is under a perpetual Indifference effect (DC 13), as per the spell but with only one saving throw allowed per day per wielder (applied for the whole day), so long as he or she has the Graysaber drawn and in-hand, behaving as a nearly emotionless individual. The wielder and his or her carried equipment magically blend in better with shadows and darkness while the Graysaber is drawn, turning grayish and dark in such conditions, gaining a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks then.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Enchantment. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Doom, Indifference. Cost to Create: 5,445 gp and 410 XP. Market Price: 10,570 gp. Weight: 4 lbs.

Shifting Spear
A highly-decorated +1 Longspear, the Shifting Spear may change sizes to fit any wielder and to function at different ranges. It can thus change into a Halfspear or Shortspear at will, or back into a Longspear, as well as changing its size category to suit the wielder and their desires, retaining its enhancements and other special abilities. The spear's weight changes with its size and type. Changing the spear's size and spear-type is a free action for the wielder, but only while the spear is in-hand (it retains the new form until changed again, and it may be enchanted with throwing weapon special abilities while in Halfspear or Shortspear form). Furthermore, a Shifting Spear deals +1d4 damage on any successful hit (not multiplied on critical hits) against a creature or object that is not in its normal form (such as one that has been Polymorphed or which is in an Alternate Form, but not one merely disguised, such as by Change Self).

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Evocation. Prerequisites: Craft Lesser Magic Arms & Armor, Enlarge, Reduce. Cost to Create: 1,805 gp and 120 XP. Market Price: 3,305 gp. Weight: 9 lbs.

GARMENTS

Mantle of Vitality
This white mantle, worn over the shoulders, is decorated with patterns in cloth-of-gold that depict religious scenes and symbolism. It is adorned with a golden clasp, usually in the shape of a holy symbol for the faith of whatever priest created the Mantle. Up to three times per day on command, the Mantle of Vitality heals the wearer as per a Cure Light Wounds spell. By adding an extra word to the command, the wearer may expend two or three of these daily charges simultaneously, gaining the effects of two or three Cure Light Wounds spells instead of just one (if enough daily charges remain). Mantles of Vitality have no effect on nonliving subjects.

Caster Level: 1st. Aura: Faint Conjuration. Prerequisites: Tailor Magic Garment, Cure Light Wounds. Cost to Create: 550 gp and 44 XP. Market Price: 1,100 gp. Weight: 1 lb.

Skyfire Sandals
These stylish sandals sport some kind of small protrusions or small additions floating beside them, such as tiny wheels, rune stones, or feathers. On command, the protrusions or floating additions ignite with flames, burning harmlessly and indefinitely until commanded again to stop (these flames do no damage and do not ignite anything else except particularly flammable or combustible materials on contact, in which case they deal 1d6 fire damage to such flammables or combustibles; the flames do not otherwise spread). So long as they burn, the wearer benefits from a Fly spell but with only half the normal flight speed of that spell. The flames may be extinguished like nonmagical ones of the same size, and unlike a normal Fly spell, the wearer doesn't fall slowly when this particular Fly effect ends or is interrupted. Skyfire Sandals can only provide their Fly effect for up to 2 minutes (20 rounds) per day in total, but it need not be consecutive rounds. At the end of their maximum duration for the day, the flames burn out.

However, so long as the flames burn, Skyfire Sandals leave a brief trail of flames wherever they fly, lasting for 1 round after each round's movement in the air. These small fire-trails are as dangerous as any other magical flames, except to wearers of Skyfire Sandals. They collectively deal 1d6 points of fire damage per round in any space the fire-trails are left in (Reflex DC 13 for half damage; the damage is not cumulative for anyone moving through or occupying multiple burning spaces in the same round). The fire-trails may be extinguished like normal fires, but they burn out automatically after 1 round anyway. They can ignite flammables and combustibles, but do not otherwise spread.

Caster Level: 5th. Aura: Faint Transmutation. Prerequisites: Tailor Magic Garment, Flaming Sphere, Fly. Cost to Create: 11,800 gp and 944 XP. Market Price: 23,600 gp. Weight: ---.

Skullcap of Anonymity
Wearing this plain leather skullcap provides you with the effects of an Undetectable Alignment spell. Once per day, the Skullcap of Anonymity may change the wearer's appearance as per a Change Self spell (DC 11) on command.

Caster Level: 6th. Aura: Moderate Abjuration. Prerequisites: Tailor Magic Garment, Change Self, Undetectable Alignment. Cost to Create: 4,700 gp and 376 XP. Market Price: 9,400 gp. Weight: ---.

POTIONS

Elixir of Acid Breath
This putrid greenish-yellow potion bestows upon the drinker the ability to spit sprays of acid. It functions identically to an Elixir of Fire Breath except that the drinker breathes out acid instead of fire, dealing acid damage instead of fire damage. Most drinkers suffer terrible heartburn afterward.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Conjuration. Prerequisites: Brew Potion, caster level 8th or higher. Cost to Create: 500 gp and 40 XP. Market Price: 1,000 gp. Weight: ---.

Elixir of Fire Breath
Will be detailed here later. Basically identical to the Potion of Fire Breath in the core rules, simply renamed in the fashion of 3.5 to differentiate it from potions that duplicate spells. Still made with Brew Potion though, unlike in 3.5.

Elixir of Ice Breath
This milky white potion bestows upon the drinker the ability to exhale gusts of freezing air. It functions identically to an Elixir of Fire Breath except that the drinker breathes out frost instead of fire, dealing cold damage instead of fire damage. Most drinkers suffer temporary, terribly uncomfortable brain-freeze afterward.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Evocation. Prerequisites: Brew Potion, caster level 8th or higher. Cost to Create: 450 gp and 36 XP. Market Price: 900 gp. Weight: ---.

Elixir of Lightning Breath
This blue-gray potion bestows upon the drinker the ability to exhale miniature bolts of lightning. It functions identically to an Elixir of Fire Breath except that the drinker breathes out lightning instead of fire, dealing electricity damage instead of fire damage. Most drinkers suffer painful headaches afterward.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Evocation. Prerequisites: Brew Potion, caster level 8th or higher. Cost to Create: 450 gp and 36 XP. Market Price: 900 gp. Weight: ---.

Elixir of Thunder Breath
This inky potion bestows upon the drinker the ability to unleash dangerously-powerful shrieks. It functions identically to an Elixir of Fire Breath except that the drinker breathes out shrieking soundwaves instead of fire, dealing sonic damage instead of fire damage. Most drinkers suffer prolonged ringing in their ears and mild shakiness afterward.

Caster Level: 3rd. Aura: Faint Evocation. Prerequisites: Brew Potion, caster level 8th or higher. Cost to Create: 550 gp and 44 XP. Market Price: 1,100 gp. Weight: ---.

SCROLLS

To be added soon.

TALISMANS

To be added soon.

WANDS

To be added soon, but probably in the earlier post with rods, staves, etc.

Last edited:

Remove ads