• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3E GDQ remake in the works?

rounser

First Post
And made Lady Tessaril Winter a member of an evil serpent cult.

Heheheh, I bet players familiar with the realms weren't expecting that little twist. :)

Actually, that gives me some ideas on using FR knowledge to surprise the players. Suppose they meet a famous character like Drizzt or Volo, but it's actually a doppleganger impersonating him, and they find out that he's really been captured and needs to be saved. That would be a good way to use one of the famous FR characters. "Remember the time we saved Volo?"

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Even though I'd like James Bell or some other FDP guy handle this, both Beyond All Reason and Queen of Lies have ELEMENTS of those adventures in them. I don't think they are ACTUAL remakes BUT they are similiar, as I'm sure James mentioned before.

omedon

First Post
Some people on these boards have compared Fiery Dragon Productions Beyond All Reason and Queen of Lies to these adventures. You can see the comparisson made in this thread in the d20 publisher forum.

Originally posted by Alaric_Prympax
I've been looking forward to this one since I first read about it. Then Queen of Lies by Monte himself. Could a Demon Lord be next? Can anyone remember G1-2-3,D1-2-3, and Q1; 3e style.

Originally posted by Fiery Todd
The homage to the Against the Giants/Decent into the Depths of the Earth happened all by accident. BAR's concept was developed before Monte came on, but once we found out about the subject matter of QoL, it was a no-brainer. BAR features fire giants (known as the Jirockk), but it also contains other giant types too, and even goes into giant culture and their history within Karathis. The Jirockk are not your regular, run-of-the-mill fire giants either. They are a fully realized society, including religion, family life, special "technologies" and so forth. They also like to burn things.

Last edited:

omedon

First Post
Darkness
Deceit
Discovery
Death

I apologize for my ignorance but I don't know what this refers to. Could somebody please educate me on the matter.

Corinth

First Post
omedon said:
Some people on these boards have compared Fiery Dragon Productions Beyond All Reason and Queen of Lies to these adventures. You can see the comparisson made in this thread in the d20 publisher forum.

That first quote wasn't me; it was Alaric_Prympax.

Darrell

First Post
rounser said:
I hope they make a "Return to the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar" style adventuring grounds soon - fleshed out town, and fully detailed countryside, lairs, dungeons and NPCs all the way down to encounter level. That's a "Keep on the Borderlands"-style launchpad for new DMs to do their own thing, and superior to yet another mega-dungeon. I can see the brand management promises being met in that, and it would take enough campaign preparation out of the equation for players who wanted a non-linear environment to play in to be worth an equal page count to another megadungeon.

I'd love to see something like that. A detailed 'base' town with a fair number of similarly-detailed adventuring sites of various types (ruins, mines, nearby villages, etc.)--similar, now that I think of it, to Book One of the 'Night Below' mega-adventure.
Y'know, I got one helluva lot of use out of that little 'Haranshire' mini-setting. Used it as a base-town for about two years...even though I _never_ ran the 'underdark' section of the boxed set at all.

A similar 3e product would get my cash inhalf a heartbeat.

Regards,
Darrell King

Fiery James

First Post
omedon said:
Darkness
Deceit
Discovery
Death

I apologize for my ignorance but I don't know what this refers to. Could somebody please educate me on the matter.

Hey Omedon!

It's just our little wink-and-nod to the D-1-2-3 series. Queen of Lies is sort of a Monte Cook version of those modules, so we've been calling it D4 in house.

And, of course, Beyond All Reason features an assault on a giant stronghold.

But, to confirm Nightfall's post, these aren't remakes or anything -- they're just our take on some familiar themes - with a twist!

- James

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads