3rd ed planescape monsters?

Telgian

First Post
Offhand, sorry I don't.

Have you tried the official Planescape site? I think the URL is www.ps3e.com or www.planewalker.com (I don't have access to my bookmarks at the moment, so actual URL may vary.)

Failing that, have you tried the creature collection forums here?

Sorry I'm not much help, the netbook has a policy of 100% ogc, which would make conversions a bit problematic. ;) I'm sure that Ashy and the berks over at ps3e can help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Best wishes.
Telgian.

Edit: found the URL's

Last edited:

ax0n

First Post
SRD Updated

On the subject of monsters, I don't know if its come to anyones attention but I was gonig through the
OGF lists archive
and discovered the SRD has been updated once and for all. It is now 100% OGC (gone is the Gentleman's Agreement). However, the following monsters have been removed:

-Beholder
-Carrion Crawler
-Displacer Beast
-Kuo-toa
-Mind Flayer
-Slaad
-Umber Hulk
-Yuan-ti

This doesn't affect us too much: we weren't using the dubious mertis of the SRD monsters anyway. The Slaad are the only planar monsters affected. Also, the elemental languages (Ignan, Aquan and such) remain as 100% OGC. Hooray!

Moonsword

First Post
Has anyone thought of harassing Wizards to see if we can get the templates from the MotP released? I suppose we can gin up some templates of our own, or use the ones from the Netbook of Creatures, but those are only elemental templates. Maybe one of the older members should ask 'em about it. The shadow, anarchic, and axiomatic templates will be a bit more difficult though. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

ax0n

First Post
Hi Moonsword,

Not sure on that one. I've always thought that, when faced with 'closed' roleplaying stuff, its always better to simply come up with our own, open versions using our own original ideas. Even when WotC 'open sources' its monsters, it generally only opens the bare-bones: normally the stats and a little text and that's it. Utterly pointless from the point of view of actually using them in any work.

Of course, if anyone in the group wants to try and start a petition to do this, I have no objections. Thoughts?

Moonsword

First Post
I'll start work on the templates. I make no guaranties of play balance, however. I'll make a thread for the work on those.

ax0n

First Post
Hi TroyXavier,

Welcome to our forum. Do you mean lawful/chatoic equivalents to the Aasimar and Tieflings? I'd be interested to hear more about your ideas.

Remove ads