Planescape Definitive Planescape adventure

Irlo

Hero
I'm looking for recommendations for a published Planescape adventure (any publisher, any edition) that exemplifies the setting. If the adventure can be transposed into another setting and still make sense, it's probably not what I'm looking for. It should be Planescape through and through and shine light on the strengths of Planescape as a unique setting. I'm not interested at this point in recommendations for the setting materials themselves.

My background: I have a lot of years of AD&D1e (with some amalgam of 2e updates), but I never used or thoroughly explored the published campaign settings. I was vaguely aware of Planescape in in the 90s (through ads, I guess, in Dragon Magazine, or maybe I saw it in bookstores). My first and only real exposure to Planescape came and went with the Torment computer game. I loved the game and the atmosphere, but I didn't see how to transfer that to an in-person game -- not that anyone in my group would have been interested, I guess.

So, what do I absolutely need to read?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
The Great Modron March seems to get referenced a lot, but I haven't read it myself.
Either that or Dead Gods. I haven't read or played either but they both keep getting mentioned.

ETA: People also mention Tales from the Infinite Staircase a lot as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads