• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4/19 DDI Update

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Some nice updates, but I too am done looking forward to anything good coming in any time frame. They've let me down too many times. The MB is so disappointing I can hardly even think about it.

catsclaw227

First Post
1. The marketplace is currently the weakest part of the builder. It looks like they are going to overhaul it next month, and boy does it need it.
Be careful not to misquote something and get yourself set up for a false expectation! :)

What Trevor said in his release was:

We also have some big changes coming to the inventory system of the Character Builder in a future update, and a substantial Monster Builder update that adds a number of new features and functionality. We'll keep you informed through forum posts and broadcasts when we have specific update details and dates.

Emphasis mine. He didn't say in May, but in a future update. It was a bit confusing because this tidbit followed a sentence regarding the May updates.

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
It's been looking promising for a very long time - since about a week after the online Character Builder was launched, in fact. It's time for the DDI to stop promising and deliver.
Now let's be honest here... They already have been delivering on the Online CB, though maybe not at the pace some expect.

It was launched as an inferior product, I will give you that, but they've made up for it and it's actually quite good now (save for item management, and that's coming in a future update).

True_Blue

First Post
All I want right now is House Rules. I give all of my players a Weapon Expertise feat for free, and I really wish the math would be right in the builder.

Its nothing I cant handle, but I cant wait till I can add in this little house rule and have everything look right.

delericho

Legend
Now let's be honest here... They already have been delivering on the Online CB, though maybe not at the pace some expect.

It was launched as an inferior product, I will give you that, but they've made up for it and it's actually quite good now (save for item management, and that's coming in a future update).

The day I can have an A4 character sheet that printed properly (without the need for some second program to massage the file), and my DM can use the Monster Builder to, well, build monsters, they can be considered to have reached the minimum required functionality for these tools. Until then, any talk of 'delivering' is premature.

Now, it is true that the tools are better now than they were. But only in the way that a score of 30% is better than 20%... where the minimal pass mark is 50%.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I saw the updates, went right over to see if I could make a nethermancer or something, and it crashed just like that.

Oh well.

catsclaw227

First Post
The day I can have an A4 character sheet that printed properly (without the need for some second program to massage the file), and my DM can use the Monster Builder to, well, build monsters, they can be considered to have reached the minimum required functionality for these tools. Until then, any talk of 'delivering' is premature.

Now, it is true that the tools are better now than they were. But only in the way that a score of 30% is better than 20%... where the minimal pass mark is 50%.
I was speaking specifically about the Character Builder, not the Monster Builder.

Did you submit the A4 printing problems to WoTC, or is it listed in their known bugs? If not, then maybe they don't realize that it's such a big issue.

Remove ads