• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

40 lair gestalt dungeon crawl

Our group is unfortunately disbanding soon due to reasons of going to university. To end our D&D with a bang I am prepairing a 40 lair dungeon each with a 25000 foot area. Making it is pretty quick, pretty easy and pretty fun.

Each player is a level 15 most likely gestalt character. I let them know that every hour a monster will find and attack them, this is to keep them moving, if they move what I judge to be a reasonable amount, they do not have to worry about this. There are also extra-plantar shop keepers with limited gear through the dungeon .

Each entrance to the next dungeon level is in fact a teleporter. I plan to add an area for rest every 10 levels. I told them all source books and magazines are available, although shivering touch has been banned.

I trust my players, however are there any big things I need to look out for? Any spells, feats or abilities that cause large amounts of unbalance in almost any game?

I have never run something like this before, and worry about the players not having enough resources, because of this I want to add potions as well as magic items thoughout the dungeon. Does anyone have a good adhoc guidline of how many monsters they should slay compared to how many rewards there should be?

Also, due to facing 10 lairs of a dungeon with no rest, are challange rating 13 encounters appropriate? There will probably be a 'boss monster' of CR 16 every 10 levels before the rest.

Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Remove ads