• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e adventure for 10 & 11 year olds

kobold

First Post
Christmas break has begun- and just like when I was 10 my son and his buddies want to fill it with D&D- and I get to ref, now that’s a gift!
I need a short minimal plot adventure –railroading is ok, that can be downloaded. We start tonite.
Much like it was for me 30 years ago we have enough of a grasp on the rules to play loose and make up what we need. I’m ok with converting on the fly if I have to and use a previous edition module, as we did with B1 In Search of the Unknown a few months back.
So what have you got?
Thanks,
Andy

Griogre

First Post
There are not that many 4E adventures, because of WotC's screwing up of the GSL. If you want free downloads I would suggest Dungeon - issues 155-158 were free. The wierd thing about Dungeon is they did not release any 1st level module during the free peroid other than Rescue at Rivenroar (#156) which is the kick off of their 1st to 30th level adventure path. I thought that was just wierd to *not* release a few first 1st level dungeons at the beginning.

All of the "H" for Heroic series by WotC can be downloaded in PDF from the ENWorld store or any other online vender you like. They are a bit pricey, though. H1 Keep on the Shadowfell, is a 1-3 level adventure that has pregens at 1st to 3rd level so that might be a bonus for you - this would allow you to skip the character gen stage and get to the adventure - which is often a good thing for young players.

Goodman Games has some "4E Compatible" modules in their new Dungeon Crawl Classics updated line that you can buy as downloads also. The Punjar Series starts at first level and you can buy 2 of them for the price of a WotC module. The first module is called Sellswords of Punjar - It's an urban setting, which you may not like. They also do have some more tradition dungeon crawls like DCC54 Forges of the Mountain King and M1 Dragora's Dungeon and a sea going adventure DCC 55 Isle of the Sea Drake. These are all 1st level adventures.

beldar1215

Explorer
I got a chance to play "Sellswords of Punjar" with the Author. It was really fun. It comes with maps as well. Might be worth looking at.

Beldar

Webby140

First Post
In the back of the DM manual is Kobold's Hall - a side quest set in the landscape of H1-Keep on the Shadowfell.

I'd recommend starting with that - its nice for level 1, and I believe you do finally get to hit a dragon at the end of the dungeon crawl.
That's a good start, it's probably a good idea to get Keep on the Shadowfell, because it's already written for you and pretty much has everything you'll need to run it without much fuss.

Remove ads