• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Banquet Jouster Stats

nayrelgof

First Post
The adventure seems to indicate there is an appendix with jousting stats, but I don't see one. Am I missing something?

Secondly, for Test of Strength, it's supposed to be possible for both a hero and Sting Watchall to strike the bell. Doing so requires 25 damage in one blow, and a hero could pull that off, but it seems like only a daily would have a good shot at it. Sting Watchall has no chance at all (Attack +18, Strength 22 (+6 modifier)). A strength check seems like a better fit. Any thoughts?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I ad libbed the jousting stats when I ran the game. I believe I had the participants make melee basic attacks to reflect using a lance; if one hit and the other missed, the one who hit wins. The joust continued until one hit and one missed. I think I also had some options for the jousters finishing in hand-to-hand combat, but abandoned that as being against the spirit of the joust.

I didn't use the Test of Strength, but yeah, a Strength check sounds like it would make more sense.

Remove ads