• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Blackmoor? Forked Thread: Pray for Dave Arneson!

Mynex

First Post
Well, my FLGS had problems getting it as well.

Darn and blast.

Yup, and that is directly related to the distributors not ordering enough to get out to the market.... (I discussed this in another thread actually)...

But... the restocks are happening... Our warehouse is getting the puppies to the distributors, and if it's not already, it should soon be back on store shelves!

(And it is selling like hotcakes btw! So much so we may well have to do a second print run here real soon! :D).

One thing that seems to have been missed by those lucky enough to have the hard copy already... If you buy the hard copy, you get a free PDF version... it's in the book! ;p

I'm glad that folks are liking it... Gives me warm fuzzies!

Uhrm... as for maps... we might just have some new Blackmoor maps at GenCon (okay, so more like _will_ have), but get to our booth early.. we're only going to have a limited supply of them!

For those who are playing 4e (or planning to soon) a couple things to note;
1. We'll have a PDF version of Power Cards available at GenCon and then after GenCon at our store and RPGNow!

2. Yes, most of the 'Black Album' (as we call it internally because of the cover) is flavor rehash (cleaned up and changed to meet 4e mechanics necessity) of the 3.5 stuff... The First Campaign is not just a conversion of Blackmoor to 4e though, it's also...

3. Base mechanics use for the MMRPG (or a Live Campaign if you prefer - we can't call it that other LC name though :s)... and the 2nd book we will be releasing is...

3a. The kickoff of the MMRPG is going to be at GenCon with 11 episodes (2 which we've pre-pre-premiered for the last year) and the main campaign starting with regular episode releases starting in January!

4. Called Age of the Wolf and advances the Blackmoor timeline to 1299... It's a campaign guide, but aimed at players not GM's (The GM book will be the 3rd book which will all kinds of nifty secrets and stuff)... A lot of flavor in AotW, to get people into the time jump era... OF course there are mechanics, but they don't overload the book... (oh, and Ari worked on AotW too for those of you who buy everything he writes - and if you don't, you should! :D)

4a. The Age of the Wolf will be available at GenCon in PDF format (Slow boat from china for the print copies)... so if you pre-order the hard copy, like First Campaign, you'll get a free PDF version on the spot! (Or you could just order the PDF by it's lonesome, but then it might be sad! :p)

5. I'm out of stuff for the moment... only because I actually have to get back to work now... but hey, there's some chewy-chunky-goodness for you all! :D

darjr

I crit!
Fantastic!

Congrats on it selling well! I can't wait for the 'live' campaign to kick off.
I hope you guys have a fantastic Gen-Con!

Mynex

First Post
darjr - Thanks! We hope GenCon goes well too! ;)

Crothian - They're freakin awesome! Undecided right now (but low hundreds), poster sized is the plan (i.e. 24x36), undecided, somewhere between 2-5$. :D

Everyone happy now? :D

4. Called Age of the Wolf and advances the Blackmoor timeline to 1299...

And at least some of us who worked on it are more psyched about this than we were even for the "Black Album" release. :D

(oh, and Ari worked on AotW too for those of you who buy everything he writes - and if you don't, you should! :D)

I'm Ari Marmell, and I approve this message.

;)

havard

Adventurer
One thing that seems to have been missed by those lucky enough to have the hard copy already... If you buy the hard copy, you get a free PDF version... it's in the book! ;p

I couldnt wait for that. Oh well, I will just have to pay again to get the hard copy. Its Blackmoor so its worth it! :)

I'm glad that folks are liking it... Gives me warm fuzzies!

Absolutely!

Uhrm... as for maps... we might just have some new Blackmoor maps at GenCon (okay, so more like _will_ have), but get to our booth early.. we're only going to have a limited supply of them!

Gaaah! What about those poor souls who cannot make it to GenCon? I seriously hope there will be more maps available in future products or at least as pdfs. I would have loved to have an actual poster sized map of Blackmoor hanging on my wall though...

4. Called Age of the Wolf and advances the Blackmoor timeline to 1299... It's a campaign guide, but aimed at players not GM's (The GM book will be the 3rd book which will all kinds of nifty secrets and stuff)... A lot of flavor in AotW, to get people into the time jump era... OF course there are mechanics, but they don't overload the book... (oh, and Ari worked on AotW too for those of you who buy everything he writes - and if you don't, you should! :D)

I am totally psyched about this one :)
1299...very interesting! I wonder what has happened to the North after those centuries...

4a. The Age of the Wolf will be available at GenCon in PDF format (Slow boat from china for the print copies)... so if you pre-order the hard copy, like First Campaign, you'll get a free PDF version on the spot! (Or you could just order the PDF by it's lonesome, but then it might be sad! :p)

Wow! That is way sooner than expected! Im already on the pdf boat with Blackmoor now, so Im not going to cry about having to wait for the hard copy. Age of the Wolf already at GenCon...that is sweet!

Havard,
with appologies for the fanboyish nature of these comments, but Blackmoor tends to have that effect on me :)

Estlor

Explorer
One thing that seems to have been missed by those lucky enough to have the hard copy already... If you buy the hard copy, you get a free PDF version... it's in the book!

What, wait? For seriously? I'll admit I'm only up to chapter 2 in my reading, but I hadn't noticed that...

(As critical as I am about the design of the classes, really, it's a good book. I'm just hard to please.)

kitsune9

Adventurer
Forked from: Pray for Dave Arneson!

Did I miss something? 4e updates of Blackmoor? Has there been an announcement or am I imagining things? Or is it just too early monday morning and I just made a thread for nothing?

Mouse?

I never got into Blackmoor. I know it's one of the earliest campaigns ever created, I get that, but never got into it. Can anyone tell me about it? What's so cool about it?

darjr

I crit!
I've got it. Picked it up tonight.

Why BlackMoor?

I must confess a large sense of nostalgia, of a sort. It's like discovering unpublished finished works of your favorite author. To me it's secret knowledge discovered.

Discovering the way it's influence is echoed in D&D is like finding that wonderful unscreened, unseen pilot episode that informed and influenced years of shows.

As far as utility, for me, it's a game world built by the necessity of serving the game. Like the original Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms boxed set.

For a bit of history take a look at the thread about the original campaign.

Finally, there is a 'living' campaign which I'm very interested in. I didn't know about the 3.5 version and never played, but I hear great things about it and am keen for the launch of the new one.

Remove ads