D&D 4E 4e Campaign Setting Poll

What are you planning to do for a 4e campaign setting?

• A campaign setting published for 4e, like the new Forgotten Realms (or Eberron in 2009)

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • A published campaign setting I'll update for 4e, like Dragonlance (or Eberron before 2009)

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • The implied points of light setting

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • An existing homebrew campaign setting that I'm going to update for 4e

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • A new homebrew campaign setting that I'm creating specifically for 4e

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • I'm a player, so whatever my DM decides

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Other/Haven't Decided

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • I despise 4e and everything associated with it

Votes: 5 3.2%

I voted I'll use the Implied Setting. I might try to use more of the published adventures for the time being, but if this for some reason won't work out, I'll "homebrew" around the Implied Setting, since I like it a lot.

Orryn Emrys

Explorer
My current homebrew weathered the conversion from 2nd to 3rd Edition back at the turn of the century, and has suffered further abuse with other systems as I explore different eras. (Specifically, I advanced the clock about a thousand years for an ARCANA EVOLVED campaign, which created a lot of cool questions about what happened to the peoples of the world that it had so changed in that time...) Anyway, my current plan is to employ the 4th Edition rules for an era about 200-some-odd years after my 3.5 campaign, during which much of the principle campaign area is going to have a sorta points-of-light feel. I think it'll be fun!

:cool:

Family

First Post
It's set in the Dune/Serenity 'verse where Jedi are at war with the Vorlons and Mecha(Transformers) have been invented. But is actually a Harry Plopper/Tolken hybred that draws heavily on Narnian priniciples for alignment counterpointed by the morals of 300. Oh, and everyone has at least 1 superpower. Bascially it's Halo meets Dragonball. (Since the time traveling Terminators and the Vampires cancel each other out).

Now only if I can figure out how to keep my players on message concerning Ender vs the Borg (who are developing the Matrix). Ideas?

/Straight PoL is my respectful (true) reply.

Wormwood

Adventurer
After 20 years of being forced into homebrew wankery or expensive campaign settings, I'm thrilled to finally get some setting in the core books.

PoL FtW

Heselbine

Explorer
I voted new homebrew but it's going to be based on the 'points of light' concept. I'm incorporating Ptolus in as one of the cities. After all, I paid sixty quid for that book!!! I love city adventures and it's a great example of how to do it right.

The idea is that I'm incorporating lots and lots of the standard backdrop, so I can slip in Razortear and all that other good stuff outlined in the Wizards Presents books. I simply don't have time these days to come up with a complete campaign, and I really like 'points of light'. It always bugged me how civilised D&D settings appeared to be.

That's one of the great things about Middle-Earth in the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings. Going out of the Shire was really, really dangerous.

Khairn

First Post
I'm a huge FR fan but absolutely hate what WotC has done with the setting. I'll wait for a setting that actually is designed to showcase 4E's strength rather than use a setting that has been forced into a 4E mold. I like Eberron and feel its a good fit for 4E, so maybe that will be the setting that gets me to try GM'ing 4E.

Remove ads