• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Creature Collection from Fiery Dragon

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
Hi Ranig,

Thanks for the feedback. That's very helpful, and we'll get on compiling and correcting.

Just wanted to address these points about Scarred Lands:

* I would have prefered information on the races of the Scarred Lands, or more archetypes, or information on the Scarred Lands, instead of Appendix 2 and 2A. Furthermore, your book won't attract any new player (or GM) to the Scarred Lands: the world is nowhere described, even if its only 1 page, and a short description of the main gods and titans!

* So it's a really great work, I enjoyed reading it, but it might still be improved.

EDIT
* Some spider-like monsters indicate in their typical encounters dark elves. In Scarred Lands, dark elves does not have that special relation with spiders like in other typical fantasy campaign setting. I would suggest to rework those entries...

At this point, there aren't any other 4E Scarred Lands books to direct them to, so we're saving much of that stuff until we can release official Scarred Lands products (hopefully later this year). Our goal was similar to the initial release of Creature Collection - providing a monster book that could be used in anyone's campaign, with just enough hints about the Scarred Lands to keep people intrigued and wanting more. Hopefully, we've done that.

Again, thanks for your feedback - that's the stuff that helps us improve.

- JB

Nebulous

Legend
Beyond that, please keep the ideas coming. What would you like to see? What would you put in Creature Collection 2?

- James

First, thanks for that update. I'm not very familiar with Scarred Lands but i like your 4e CC. I bought the 3e one as well. As for what i would put in, i like having more fluff and background and ecology details, and the first one here seems to cover that fairly well. I'd like to know if Encounter Groups are a necessary use of page space? Personally, it is part of the MM that i never use and i would just rather see that room given to more detail about a monster, or more monsters overall.

nebulous

Twowolves

Explorer
Well, here's my dilemma: I am a looong time Scarred Lands fan, still running a regular campaign there... for 3.5 ed. I and my group have zero interest in 4th ed. I would love to support the Scarred Lands in any incarnation, but anything with just rules is useless to us. A campaign setting with "canon" would be ok, we'd just have to toss out every 4th ed rule in it. If the 4th ed CC has nothing new other than 4th ed rules (obviously) and a dozen or so new pics, then the book is 99% useless to us, and so I can't justify the expenditure.

However, a campaign setting book with a majority of the material being rules-neutral, even if it did just consolidate and recap all of the scattered info from the 3.0/3.5 books would be worth the cash to me. Even better, a Scarred Lands counter collection or 3-D minis.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Kelon

First Post
I bought the pdf. Perhaps I will start converting the amphora trilogy. But I don`t need much scarrd lands crunch. WotC gives me more crunch than I need. I want more fluff, a world map and some suggestion how to fit wizards material to scarn.
I realy like 4.0 and enjoy playing and the first time mastering D&D, but I wanted a supported campaing setting and perhaps some adventures with more story and intrigue than the most crawls have. By the way, anybody knows a good murder mystery adventure for fantasy?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I can't wait to grab this. I consistently love Fiery Dragon books.

James, what happened to your old account? Need a password reset?

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
I can't wait to grab this. I consistently love Fiery Dragon books.

James, what happened to your old account? Need a password reset?

Oh, it's a long and complicated story. For some reason, when I hit the "Forgot My Password" button, I never get the e-mail from the site.

Then, I set up a new account a while back, using my work e-mail (which also allowed me to post from work...)

Of course, my working situation has changed, so I don't have access to that account anymore ('cause I never remember passwords).

I think I've got it licked this time, but when I screw this one up, I'll let you know. :)

TwoWolves - I'm kicking around some ideas, but most rely on 4E to really sell the product. There's so much great material available for 3E that I wouldn't know what to add in terms of being rules neutral that would add to the setting... and not be a false start. What about a big map of the Scarred Lands, similar to the one we did for Ptolus? Big, prestige vinyl wall art? Anyone?

- JB

Kelon

First Post
[What about a big map of the Scarred Lands, similar to the one we did for Ptolus? Big, prestige vinyl wall art? Anyone?

- JB[/QUOTE]

If the shipping to Europe is payable, call me a customer.

I went ahead and got my copy. I'll ignore the Scarred Lands setting-specific fluff (although some of it, like the Titanomachy material, is easily transferred to my homebrew Point of Light campaign), but I can already see a large number of monsters to send after my players.

Remove ads