• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Digital Map Creation

Sporemine

First Post
!!! A note to admins, please don't move the thread to the maps section, it has too little traffic compared to the 4e fan creations and houserules thread to create the multi-DM map creating thread I have in mind !!!

Hi people

I recently learned basic map creation from Weem's tutorial thread. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...60825-quick-map-tutorial-using-photoshop.html)

Looking at what's posted there, I can see that many DMs are like making maps, but need some help. This is a new spot for those who are interested.

I would like this to become the spot for posting maps, map ideas, art and objects for maps, etc. Map art is generally hard to come by (I can't find any altars on google for my temple map) so that would be good to see. It's also nice to have map critiques from time to time.

In short, this is the new map hotspot.

Kudos

-Sporemine

Last edited:

Sporemine

First Post
Here's a dungeon I quickly whipped up for my previous session. It still needs work, but it's a start.

Kudos

-Sporemine

Attachments

• Dungeon.jpg
    Dungeon.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 610

Sporemine

First Post
I'm now working on changing that map to fit the theme of "kobold warren." I should be done in a day or so.

Kudos

-Sporemine

weem

First Post
Here's a VERY helpful set of dungeon items and textures. This is a good starter for new map makers (like me).

http://www.dundjinni.com/info/images/dundjinni_dungeon_art.jpg

Kudos

-Sporemine

Image doesn't seem to want to work btw, but wanted to drop in and say 1) good job and good idea for the post as well as 2) if it weren't for just moving into our new (first) house, I would participate here as well ;) Maybe sometime in the near future, hehe

Keep it up!

Sporemine

First Post
Image doesn't seem to want to work btw, but wanted to drop in and say 1) good job and good idea for the post as well as 2) if it weren't for just moving into our new (first) house, I would participate here as well ;) Maybe sometime in the near future, hehe

Keep it up!

Thanks for being the first to show interest

Kudos

-Sporemine

Sporemine

First Post
A couple of things.

I have also had some trouble with the dundjinni link (I have no idea what's causing it :()

Weem, i've tried your tecnique for making grid lines and can't figure it out. I can't get the lines to fill with color (or even find how to turn my measurement bar on to find inches...)

I'm going to update the kobold warren when I have the chance, but i'm busy right now.

Kudos

-Sporemine

weem

First Post
Weem, i've tried your tecnique for making grid lines and can't figure it out. I can't get the lines to fill with color (or even find how to turn my measurement bar on to find inches...)

To get the rulers to show up or hide, use CTRL + "R" and to change their measurements (to use inches instead of pixels for example) just right click on the ruler itself.

As for filing the lines (using a column or row marquee) with color, you just choose "Edit > Fill" (or SHIFT + F5).

King Nate

First Post
!!! A note to admins, please don't move the thread to the maps section, it has too little traffic compared to the 4e fan creations and houserules thread to create the multi-DM map creating thread I have in mind !!!

There is a map section? I have yet to find this.

Remove ads