• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Elistraee

DracoSuave

First Post
Well... they changed the pantheons so that they no longer hold purview over racial specific things. So Lolth got some other things besides 'dark elves' and is a goddess for multiple cultures. Shadows, lies, scheming, these are all parts of almost every culture, so Lolth's got her fingers nicely in those pies.

Elistraee's purview was... what... good aligned drow? The 'good aligned' part is already better covered by other gods. Not to mention, Lolth's traditional enemy, Corellon, isn't even good aligned. It just doesn't make sense to keep a goddess whose worshippers are 'Drizzt' and 'Clones of Drizzt' and 'The other 2 drow PCs out there.'

Squire James

First Post
Given the 4e revision of gods in the Realms is a LOT more extreme than anything that happened in the Avatar trilogy (let alone specific novels, which I generally ignore), Elistraee probably isn't around anymore. Sehanine probably inherited the "unclothed elf dancing" portfolio, which was all most of Elis's old worshipers were interested in anyway.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Now I'm confused :)

Who is, err, was this Elistraee person, anyway?

Eilistraee

And for info on the rest of the Drow Pantheon...

Dark Seldarine

It looks like the drow pantheon was cleaned up (or out, as that may be) in the Lady Penitent series by Lisa Smedman.

Truthfully, I see little reason to have all these drow gods. One (Lolth) works just fine. I think it's less interesting if there's a good drow goddess just waiting for good worshippers. Let your drow characters be on the run, knowing a god is against you and there's no natural drow god to have your back.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads