• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Forgotton Realms online campaign

damned

Explorer
[MENTION=6668821]Slapshot97[/MENTION] - thanks - i have few time slots available - work too much and have 2 young kids so timing is going to be hard for me I think with most US games - i will have to pass.
best times for me are going to be
fri 9.30am - 1.30pm GMT
sat 9.30am - 2.30pm GMT
which i cant see happening for anyone in the us...

thanks anyway and have fun

hipnotode

First Post
i was hoping to play a bard... and here he is:

Thom the human bard/shaman
[sblock=Opening]Thom, level 1
Human, Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Prescience
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Akanûl (Akanûl Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 20.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 10, Dex 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 18.

AC: 12 Fort: 11 Reflex: 12 Will: 17
HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +7, Arcana +5, Acrobatics +5, Insight +7, Heal +7, Diplomacy +10, Nature +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +1, Bluff +6, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +1, History +1, Intimidate +6, Religion +1, Stealth +1, Streetwise +6, Thievery +1

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Human: Mending Spirit
Level 1: Spirit Talker

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Misdirected Mark
Bard at-will 1: Jinx Shot
Bonus At-Will Power: War Song Strike
Spirit Talker: Spirit's Prey
Bard encounter 1: Prophesied Strike
Bard daily 1: Satire of Fortune

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Wand Implement, Leather Armor, Hand Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (200), Alchemical Reagents (Arcana) (15), Short Sword
RITUALS
Traveler's Chant, Make Whole[/sblock]
Thom is introverted for a bard, preferring to hold out at the back in combat, quietly muttering words to shape his companions fate, to being in the foreground singing and dancing.
He spent the most of the latter half of his childhood growing up in the wilderness of Akanûl, after his parents were killed by the Plaguechanged. This is where he learnt to commune with his spirit companion, an owlbear cub that he ironically called Beatle. He has lived for many years in a cabin that he made, until an unknown group of genasi, forcing him to leave, saying that they would kill him if he ever returned.

about when we play, im free all saturday really... i can fit to whenever the group wants to play =]

EDIT: adding char sheet from builder...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Slapshot97

First Post
[MENTION=6672312]damned[/MENTION]: That's a shame. Good luck finding another group.
[MENTION=6671917]hipnotode[/MENTION]: You're good to go.

Last edited:

baldhermit

First Post
Slapshot, I would be interested in joining. I prefer melee characters, but really can play anything. For me anywhere between midnight Fri/Sat EST and noon Sun EST works.

Slapshot97

First Post
You are welcome to join. It looks like we already have two people showing interest in defender and striker roles, so most of the melee positions are taken up. That is unless the party is fine with not having a controller, in which case you're free to choose whatever you want for a class. Also, if you have a skype account, could you PM me your user name? Will 6 pm PST (about 8 pm EST) work for you?

Gedron

First Post
I am also interested, my Saturdays are usually free. I usually prefer playing a striker, but I have a controller I wouldn't mind trying out too.

Seraphym

First Post
Hi Slapshot. I am interested in joining your game and I am available at 6pm PST. As a disclaimer, I am new to D&D 4e but I have spent quite a bit of time learning the rules from the Players Handbook so I should be able to keep up.
You seem to have a person in each of the four roles now (assuming Gedron plays his controller) so how about I play another defender? The character I had in mind is:

Zanian Silvermorn, level 1
Half-Elf, Paladin
Build: Protecting Paladin
Background: Luruar (Luruar Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 15, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 13 Reflex: 13 Will: 15
HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +5, Insight +9, Heal +7, Diplomacy +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -5, Arcana, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance -2, History, Intimidate +4, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -5, Streetwise +4, Thievery -5, Athletics -2

FEATS
Level 1: Healing Hands

POWERS
Dilettante: Tide of Iron
Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
Paladin at-will 1: Enfeebling Strike
Paladin at-will 1: Bolstering Strike
Paladin encounter 1: Shielding Smite
Paladin daily 1: On Pain of Death

ITEMS
Plate Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Heavy Shield, Holy Symbol, Warhammer

Zanian grew up in Sundabar, and when he came of age he took up the calling to become a paladin of Torm. He was was trained and mentored by a dwarf. His dwarvern mentor soon realised that Zanian was a tenacious but clumsy student, lacking the finesse to truely master the sword-work that most other elven and half-elven initiates took to with relative ease. As such, he trained Zanian in the use of the more typically dwarvern warhammer.
Zanian's cheerful disposition does not obscure the fact that he is also a devout and dutiful paladin of Torm. He adventures to uphold law, truth and justice and to help restore some safety to the lands of Faerun. He is often distracted from his noble goals, though, to seek the company of beautiful women; and being attractive as well as charismatic, he has little trouble 'finding' them.

My idea for Zanian was basically 'how about a dutiful paladin who otherwise behaves like a bard?'. And then I fleshed him out from there.
I have plenty of other character concepts that I could use if I am needed to fill another role. Zanian is likely to try and hit-on most of the female NPC's so I could use a slightly tamer character if anyone's not comfortable with that.

I also have a few questions about your campaign:
1) Is your campaign going to focus on role-playing, combat or puzzle-solving? Or will you combine these?
2) Where in Faerun is the campaign going to start and should we give an explanation in our characters' backgrounds as to why they are there?
3) How mature are you going to make the content of the campaign? (E.g. rules on characters swearing etc.).
4) Do you have alignment restrictions for the PCs?

hipnotode

First Post
link removed by mod

anyone else feel the need to buy condo managing software?
i dont know why, dont even own a condo...

Mod Edit: When reporting spam, please don't quote the spam link. If we don't edit it out by hand, it persists, and the spammer gets what he or she wants. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Remo

First Post
hey i have played alittle pathfinder and some NWN2 so im not very sure how it works but im going to sit down tonight and study up on 4e so i can roll up one and array style right?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads