• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E [4E] Free Adventure

Totte

First Post
Hello folks,

I've put together a starting adventure for your next 4E campaign. It is free to download and play, and it has full color battlemaps for all locations, that's why it weights a little over 50 MB.

Logging in the Twin Valley

You can download it here: http://4eyes.code66.se/

Edit:
I have updated twinvalley a little, not much. Mosly fixed fonts on the statblocks, added a skill challenge and quest cards.

Enjoy!

// Totte

Last edited:

Syrsuro

First Post
Quick glance shows that physcial presentation looks good. But of course actually evaluating the writing and encounters takes time.....

Carl

Frostmarrow

First Post
I occasionally buy pdfs at rpgnow but nothing I've seen there is this neat. Beautiful work and I love how all the encounter areas are provided in scale! Truly top notch.

The language is good, I take it English is your second language? There are passages where it shows but that's nothing to worry about. It's really good.

Again, the presentation is excuisite.

This should be nominated for thread of the week.

Totte

First Post
Thank you!

You are right about the language, sometimes is it hard to really express yourself in a second language, but I've tried.

And the artwork, I have some great programs to work with, and took some mobile phone shots while walking the dogs to get good ground patches.

Thanks again for the inspiring words, I think I will put the same effort for my next adventure then. My players enjoyed the battlemaps too.

I know, I got a little carried away while doing them, but the result was worth it!

// Totte

Frostmarrow

First Post
Who I'm I to complain about language. I misspelled 'exquisite' above. :) You writing is really good, and you know it.

Your next one should be published.

Totte

First Post
I've got other good feedback, that it lack one or two skill challenges, which I agree it does. Maybe I make some of the now basic "skill rolls" for information into skill challenges, like understanding about the extinct cult, or seeing the tracks, or making the goblins just go.

When we played it, and the Red feather clan wood goblin chief (thats a mouth full) wanted to negotiate, the PC used intimidate and bluff to convince him that no one of the captives, not Mr Storkati or the PCs knew the magics involved building "water things".

So, thats a possible one.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Quest cards would be a nice feature. Freeing the prisoners is a quest that could be presented to the players right after Liina's story. Including rewards. Same goes for the raft building quest.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads