• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] GM wanted: Paragon tier adventure?

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hey there.

so all the 4e adventures are filling up. As a DM and Player, all my other games start at 1st level. I've never had the opportunity to really get into paragon tier. I'd like to play a Swordmage build I've been working on (and the character to go with it; I'm not a horrible human being, I just enjoy both sides of character creation!).

Any takers? I'm thinking 11th+ level.

Theroc

First Post
I'd be willing to play a character for this game, but I could not DM, I don't have the resources nor the experience required.

fireinthedust

Explorer
See? Two players all ready for this! Woot! Easily some GM's dream.

I'll be playing an Eladrin Assault Swordmage. I don't have a name yet, but he's of Auspicious noble birth and from the Feywild; he recently has gained MC in Feypact Warlock, which he would see as part of the gig of being a noble Eladrin (that happens to help his swordmagic). He is highly focused on his combat skills, and sees his place in the world defined by his role as court champion; thus adventuring. While he would say this is all that matters, and probably thinks this is the case, finding a group of individuals who aren't simply more Eladrin nobles has meant and does mean something; exactly what, and why he keeps on with them for, he has no idea.

Ok, I vote we *imagine* we already have a GM, or rather visualize a GM, and assume the Universe will actualize this for us. Like, what do we want in a 4e GM, and what we want to play. Our natural Charisma and raw skill will magnetize this thread and grab THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME to sit at the helm, y'know?

Maybe someone has a hankering to run a combat session for Paragon, to try out the tier?

Maybe someone has a sandbox we can wander about in?

Whatever we do, I'd like it to be fun. Not too serious or draining, y'know? Like, not so much "world of darkness" as "buffy the vampire slayer". Not so much "The Dark Knight" as it is "DC Animated Universe": some serious content, but a fun way of going about it that I can enjoy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
I'll throw my hat in as a player. I *just* started DMing a game here so I couldn't take on the reins of DMing another for awhile though. But Paragon does sound fun.

renau1g

First Post
We had a paragon level playtest here for a while (beer and chips style- story lite) and it was fun, but then it kind of died off. I'd offer to start it up again, but I've got too many games on the go as is.

fireinthedust

Explorer
We had a paragon level playtest here for a while (beer and chips style- story lite) and it was fun, but then it kind of died off. I'd offer to start it up again, but I've got too many games on the go as is.

I've noticed! I've done the same thing (though far fewer to reach my limit as GM, including novel writing and comic art (that is almost online!)), mostly because I want to play *everything* and no one's starting a game I'd like to see happen... this time I'm going to continue to draw people until a suitable DM arrives. Come to me, Dungeon Master... fulfill your destiny: join us!

And good to see another player hero4hire! Any idea of what you had in mind? I'd suggest going with one of the roles not covered, but looking at the assault swordmage jumping around the battlefield the way he will, I can't rightly say he's a defender or a striker.

CaBaNa

First Post
Two words;

Cleric|Wizard.

Yeah, that's a period on the end of that statement.

Hybrid all the way.

Either human or deva, but if this starts looking like an all eladrin party, I'd throw down even then. Heck, that could be a blast!

Taking finals, and starting a new job, so won't be DMing.

I wouldn't even consider playing another PbP game if it wasn't for the allure of Paragon Tier!

Gonna build the character for fun tonight, after some homework. If I get it finished I'll post it up here, maybe even start working on intermingling a background story.

DM's love a world with pre-placed plot-hooks!

Remove ads