• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e haters, put your conviction where your poll is!

Will you ever like 4e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Ok, let me preface this by saying it is meant all in good fun and friendly rivalry between edition lovers and haters. I am sincerely not trying to rabble-rouse here and ask that anyone posting or polling keep any debate out of the thread as ultimately I'm not asking for opinions or reasons or justifications or anything, really, just to click a poll choice :)

Basically, I see a lot of pretty hardcore haters out there and there seems to be a great deal of polarisation and very few sitting in the middle-ground.

So, what I'm asking for is for those who are adamant that they will not LIKE 4e, ever, to state it. Let me make this clear for everyone: this is not a poll asking if you will play or will not play or will or will not buy the books. In fact, really, it isn't even a poll. It's simply asking those who are sure they will not LIKE 4e, to solidify their stance with an open poll choice.

In other words, make an uneditable declaration that you will never like 4e.

Why? 'cause it's fun, it's silly, and it's proof that can be pointed at when y'all eventually come to your senses and end up liking 4e :D

Jack99

Adventurer
Kzach said:
Ok, let me preface this by saying it is meant all in good fun and friendly rivalry between edition lovers and haters. I am sincerely not trying to rabble-rouse here and ask that anyone posting or polling keep any debate out of the thread as ultimately I'm not asking for opinions or reasons or justifications or anything, really, just to click a poll choice :)

The problem is, that according to quite a few posters, the "rivalry" between 3.x and 4e lovers is anything but friendly, and I really don't see how a poll such as this is going to help in any way.

Tewligan

First Post
Years from now, when my grandchildren gather around my knee on a blustery winter night and ask me what my proudest moment ever was, I'll look for a moment into the crackling fireplace, wipe a nostalgic tear from my eye, and tell them of that warm April evening when I was in before the lock.

Nate Jones

First Post
I chose poop. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Edit: Oh, no!! The no's outnumber the poops, we need more voters in here, stat!

Last edited:

Nate Jones

First Post
Kzach said:
How come there are 17 voters for one of the options but we can only see two names?

Yeah! And I certainly voted for the poo option, and my name is not listed in glory up there! What gives?

Dice4Hire

First Post
I'm not sure if this is the dumbest poll I have ever seen on Enworld. The competition is fierce, but I m sure this is in the running,

Jack99

Adventurer
Kzach said:
How come there are 17 voters for one of the options but we can only see two names?

I believe that is when non-members or members who are logged out, vote.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Dice4Hire said:
I'm not sure if this is the dumbest poll I have ever seen on Enworld. The competition is fierce, but I m sure this is in the running,
That is blatently false!

I have posted much, much dumber than this before :D

Arkhandus

First Post
I will not ever like 4e.

3.0 3rd Edition is the one true version of D&D, and all others are mere prototypes or facsimiles! 3.5 is only barely acceptable because it stole most of its mechanics from 3.0! Viva la 3.0! :D :lol:

That said, I only hate 4e with a seething fury like unto a thousand exploding stars, I don't hate the 4e-lovers. You like what you like and it's no skin off my back. But I still consider 3.0 the one true D&D. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads