• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Heroic Souls (FULL/CLOSED - accepting alts)

Graf

Explorer
doghead said:
recruiting - pol

Soft boundary vs firewall - actually, Firewall's idea is pretty much what I was trying to get at. As the characters exalt/get stronger/whatever, the further they can move from the centre of town. I might of added a few extra layers - town, a mile beyond, a couple of miles beyond, a days travel beyond. The number of layers would depend on how many steps you want to involve in the process.

I wasn't planning on making a character. Things are a bit up in the air at the moment for me. I don't know how long I will be around. I'll probably be around until July, but after that, I just don't know.

doghead
aka thotd
It's a good idea. I'm not sure which is better really.

You could always make a character and play until July. We could either set up a tragic ending or just have them slip back into a daze.

Graf

Explorer
I'm inclined to say that we should start.

I was thinking that fishing Alexander out of the river would be a good starting point for the game, but since d'A hasn't posted recently perhaps he (or she) is busy.

Do we want to start with Eldan and Karothen?
I have suggestions or you guys can work something up yourselves.

hewligan

First Post
I am ready to play. I had a couple of mad days, but I am back and ready to finish my character. I will update Karothen tonight to complete him and address the few remaining issues. I will read up again on all posts, and then I say we start as well.

I am really looking forward to this!

Redclaw

First Post
Graf said:
Would not have expected warlock. Why did you switch from Warlord?
Can you tell me a bit more? Have a pact in mind?
Originally you had Eldan pulling out of the daze when he was working together with people, do you want to keep that (either for flavor, or multiclass into Warlord)?
Oops. That was a typo. I'm just not used to writing warlord yet. I'll fix it on the sheet.

Graf said:
Big Green Eyes doesn't usually leave the bramble. But we can easily have it punch through the walls somewhere.
[sblock=Suggestion]]
Eldan's felt a pricking sensation on the back of his neck, a short of shiver. And felt, more than heard, something massive in the bramble where it spills out near the river.
The first time he went over to investigate he saw, in the darkness of the bramble, a pair of massive, green eyes peering out at him. He was transfixed, he's not sure for how long, looking at the eyes and hearing deep slow breathing. Then the eyes closed, disappearing into the shadows and he felt the presence depart.
He's felt the presence since, infrequently, especially around dawn or dusk, but never seen the eyes again.

The eyes were looking at something in the far bank of the river, beneath the stone of the steps leading up to the castle.
[/sblock]
Perfect.

hewligan

First Post
I have updated Karothen on page 1 by editing his character record. I included many of the suggestions, changed a few, didn't like Big Green Eyes too much so left him out, but added the Geech and a connection to Eldan.

Ready to roll!

Graf

Explorer
hewligan said:
When it came back, it was empty.
Nice curveball.
Gonna have to think about this one a bit.

It seems like an interesting scene would be "Karothen travels to see the cousin's (gonna need a name) house in the evening. There house is near Eldan's and/or Eldan has gone off to get his cousin and bring her back for dinner (because she usually listens to Eldan). So the three of them sit down to dinner (a roleplaying scene)

Alternatively, Karothen arrives at the house to see the cousin sneaking away from the house in the early nighttime to head toward the castle (she wants to pray in front of the statue) and decides to follow them. (more of an action scene)

Other possibilties exist of course.

I'll open up the IC thread.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Since she's eating with you I'm assuming that Jeilla is close with your family. I've somewhat arbitrarily decided that Eldan's mom is concerned about Jeilla's "future prospects" and the daze hasn't completely prevented her from being a bit of a busy body about it.

doghead, if you're set that you won't be participating then you could always mosey on over to the general thread. Let me know if I'm going astray, etc.

Redclaw

First Post
I had sort of pictured supper being an extended-family thing, with Eldan's family sharing the meal with Jeilla's family and their grandfather, especially with Jeilla's father being the brother of Enric who died and was given a river burial. Maybe that's what sent Jeilla into this silent and eccentric phase.

Graf

Explorer
For some reason I missed your responce until now... (Will set this thread to email notification too)

Ok. Honestly I'd been leaning toward having Karothen meet Jeilla's family during dinner. But.... Since Karothen had orginally specifically gone to Eldans' house seeking out Eldan (and not Jeilla's house as I originally suggested) I wanted to respect the fact that he wasn't tackling the matter deirectly.

While at the same time having Jeilla be at your house (because that was what was in your post -- and of course is something that I support).

Maybe I should edit my post so that he's arriving, unknowingly, at the house and there are a lot more people there?
[edit: and also your post didn't refer to anybody else being there... I wasn't even sure that Jeilla was there really.]

[edit edit: urg. For some reason I wasn't processing the "dead brother" as cousin's father thing. There now. Will fix again.
My brain is on holiday.]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
PS If you're more comfortable narrating your character's family completely then I'll stop doing it. It just seemed like an easy way to pitch in.

It's quite reasonable that Jeilla's situation has been made worse by her father's passing. In the abstract, if she's really an oracle, then I think she's probably got a pretty tough situation going on irregardless.

Have we decided why Enric sent her father's body down the river?

Remove ads