• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Home Encounters

Zobmie

Explorer
Just got my #dndvt (Twitter habits die hard ; ) today, and I'd love to get in on the ground floor with Home Encounters.

My WotC handle is Wollstonecraft and you can reach via Twitter at [MENTION=71764]Zobmie[/MENTION].

Look forward to it!

TirionAnthion

First Post
I would also be interested in the VT home encounters. I just logged into my beta account and have been playing with the program. My account is TirionAlexander over on the WotC page.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Excellent - I'm glad to see so many players who are interested! I'm unfortunately heading to the dentist on Friday for oral surgery, so I'm going to be out of commission all day. I hope to send out some messages on Saturday, though, trying to get everything set up.

I'll just put it out here right now: I'm going to run the first of the 4e Home Encounters on the Virtual Table at 7:00 PM Mountain Time on Monday, December 12 (that's 9:00 PM Eastern, etc.). I'll have the map and monsters set up in advance; I believe players will be able to bring in their own tokens. We'll use 5th-level characters. I'll leave it open to up to six people. I'll put a message here in this thread 30 minutes before game time with the details (I'd like to change my handle on WotC to match my handle here, but I'm having a hard time doing that).

So, if you're interested and have a beta invite, make sure you have a 5th-level character ready to go Sunday evening. I'll make it first-come, first-served to get into the encounter. If it's fun and fast and there are still more people who want to play, I might run it twice in a row so that a second group can get involved. I'm hoping to make this a regular occurrence.

See you all on Monday!

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Unfortunately the vtt beta and the time difference (I think that ends up being 2am for me!) will make this a no-no for me. Sad face. But best of luck with the whole project!

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Just a reminder that this game is starting in about 10 minutes as I write this in the Virtual Table. Look for D&D 4e Home Encounters - Week 1. See you there with 5th-level characters!

OnlineDM

Adventurer
In case anyone is interested, I've put up a review from having run the first two Home Encounters over on my blog. They went pretty well, although I think there was some confusion about how many bad guys were supposed to be in the second encounter and it got pretty scary for the PCs. Still, fun stuff, and a good balance of having enough story to make the encounters interesting while still letting the action flow.

Remove ads