• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Homebrew Class Help

Sejjeto

First Post
I am trying to make a class the uses Caster Weapons. At first I thought of just taking the Ranger Class At-Will Powers and making it use that but.. I really don't think that would be the best Idea. The Flavors for the Class would be Pistoleer ( Gets to Dual Wield Caster Pistols and Fire them both the 2nd at a -2 in a round) Duelist ( 1 Caster Pistol and a 1hd Melee Weapon, Can attack with both in a round at a -2 for whatever is the 2nd attack) This is what I have so far

CLASS TRAITS
Role: Striker.

Power Source: Arcane

Key Abilities: Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, military melee, superior ranged weapons

Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score

Hit Points per Level Gained: 5

Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Arcana

From the class skills list below, choose three more
trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Endurance (Con), Heal (Wis),
Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Religion (Wis)

Build Options: Pistoleer, Duelist

Class Features:

i'm kinda not getting this class. what are some of the kinds of powers this class would get, in general terms. are you talking about a class that can use pact daggers, wands, rods, staves and the like as weapons, or a class that as flavor, uses such weapons dually but ultimately is casting two spells/turn? or something else?

ed

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I am trying to make a class the uses Caster Weapons. At first I thought of just taking the Ranger Class At-Will Powers and making it use that but.. I really don't think that would be the best Idea. The Flavors for the Class would be Pistoleer ( Gets to Dual Wield Caster Pistols and Fire them both the 2nd at a -2 in a round) Duelist ( 1 Caster Pistol and a 1hd Melee Weapon, Can attack with both in a round at a -2 for whatever is the 2nd attack) This is what I have so far

CLASS TRAITS
Role: Striker.

Power Source: Arcane

Key Abilities: Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, military melee, superior ranged weapons

Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score

Hit Points per Level Gained: 5

Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Arcana

From the class skills list below, choose three more
trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Endurance (Con), Heal (Wis),
Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex), Religion (Wis)

Build Options: Pistoleer, Duelist

Class Features:
Implements: Simple ranged

Weapon Talent:
Choose one of the following options at first level. The decision you make also affects your powers.
Gunblade: You carry a melee and a ranged weapon into battle, just in case your enemy closes. You do not draw opportunity attacks when using ranged powers in melee if you are wielding a melee weapon in your main hand.
Armsman:You carry two ranged weapons into battle to ensure the enemy doesn't get an opportunity to close. While holding a ranged weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with your main weapon.

Two-Fisted shooter: You gain Two-Fisted Shooter as a bonus feat.

Ammunition Expert: You are so in tune with your weapons, you are able to keep perfect count of your ammunition. You never have to buy regular ammunition for your ranged weapons. (this balances the class with the wizard's spellbook ability).

Gunspells: Your arcane spells are channeled through your ranged weapon. You can add the enhancment bonus of magical ranged weapons to your implement attacks, but not the proficiency bonus.

[sblock=At-will attacks]Twin Shot Gunner attack 1
Arcane * Weapon
Standard Action Ranged
weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two ranged weapons
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC, two attacks
Hit: 1[W] modifier damage per shot.
Increase damage to 2[W] per shot at 21st level
--Armsman:You gain a bonus to the damage rolls equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Blazing Salvo Gunner attack 1
Arcane * Fire, Weapon
Standard Action Area
burst in weapon
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier fire damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level[/sblock]

General guideline of powers would be a mix of ranger powers and wizard powers. Some warlock stuff would be good for the one-gun character. Maybe consider magical range with some attacks.

Sound like what you're thinking of?

Remove ads