• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e HP speculation based on new D&D podcast

Benimoto

First Post
JohnSnow said:
Let's assume that a 1st-level Fighter gets a first level "kicker" of 30 hp. Let's further assume that he gains 5 hp per level after that. If we also give him a +1 CON bonus (12 or 13 CON), that means 6 hp per level.
Based on what I've seen, I'd guess you're probably pretty close. I don't know if the D&D Miniatures stats are particularly representative of the RPG stats, but in that game we see things like several 12th level dwarves with 80-85 hp. Creatures in that game have a rough average of 7 hp a level, with a greater average at low levels and a lower average at higher levels, which seems to indicate the presence of a "kicker", as you suggest.

You probably won't have to wait too long to find out if you're right. I'd expect that this sort of thing will be much easier to figure out after we get information at DDXP. At the very least, the (pre)release of the new miniatures set, with 4th edition roleplaying stats on the back of the card, should give us a representative sample of creatures and characters over at least the first dozen levels.

JohnSnow

Hero
Benimoto said:
You probably won't have to wait too long to find out if you're right. I'd expect that this sort of thing will be much easier to figure out after we get information at DDXP. At the very least, the (pre)release of the new miniatures set, with 4th edition roleplaying stats on the back of the card, should give us a representative sample of creatures and characters over at least the first dozen levels.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately, but not for my D&D addiction...), I will be unable to attend D&D Experience as my wedding is that weekend (March 1st, to be exact). Moreover, I'm taking off on my honeymoon thereafter, so I won't be going to DDXP, or getting the information until sometime later.

Not complaining, but I'll have to rely on the reports of others.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
JohnSnow said:
Unfortunately (well, fortunately, but not for my D&D addiction...), I will be unable to attend D&D Experience as my wedding is that weekend (March 1st, to be exact). Moreover, I'm taking off on my honeymoon thereafter, so I won't be going to DDXP, or getting the information until sometime later.

Not complaining, but I'll have to rely on the reports of others.
Congratulations! I am going with my girlfriend, and when we are not seeing the sites in D.C. (she's never been there) I plan on giving a thorough report.

--Steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads