• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E indications - Has it slowed your purchases alreadY?

Has the threat of 4E slowed your purchases already?

• Yes - I've nearly stopped with my 3.5 purchases completely

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yes- I'm cautious on what I purchase now wait n' see

Votes: 20 5.8%
  • Not really - I just buy what I want anyways

Votes: 208 59.9%
  • No - I probably won't bother moving to 4E. Time will tell.

Votes: 101 29.1%

• Poll closed .

catsclaw227

First Post
Imperialus said:
actually my D&D purchces have gone up recently. I quit smoking recently so I keep the money I used to spend on cigarettes and use it to buy D&D stuff.

Good for you Imperialus! I wonder what vice I could stop so that I can have more money for RPG books. I suppose I could cut back on that pesky "giving money to my wife" habit I seem to have developed...

Templetroll

Explorer
Psychic Warrior said:
4E? When it comes it comes. Makes little difference to me but it will probably mean the end of my online presence on D&D boards.

Why? Most of this board is not edition related. And if they have an SRD for that you can still stay up with things to express an opinion.... even though D&D players find it hard to form opinions! :lol:

Felon

First Post
What 4e indicators? Ryan Dancey discussing 4e's inevitability? We already knew it would come one day. EricNoah's scuttlebutt that was provided by one undisclosed industry insider, and then refuted by another undisclosed industry insider?

Well, GenCon's here, so let's see what's announced there....

If and when 4e is announced, do you know what that will do to my 3.5e purchases?

It will drive them through the roof. I don't really want to go to a new edition, 4e would have to be truly amazing and improve on 3.5e vastly for me to bother switching over, and I honestly can't imagine a D&D edition that would be worth the switch.

I'll buy 6 PHB's for a gaming group, since if the 3.5 PHB is going out of print, I want to be able to run it in the future, possibly for players who might not have it. I'll be able to finally catch up and be "complete" with my 3.x purchases and pick up all those books I was meaning to get, but more keep coming out.

I may well buy a 4e Player's Handbook (or Starter Box if the horrible rumors of a "collectable minis-based RPG" are true), but I don't expect to move over to it or regularly buy all the new books for it.

Gothmog

First Post
The rumors of 4E haven't done a thing to my 3E/3.5 buying habits. Nothing WotC has released in the last year has really grabbed me, and other publishers have developed their own OGL games, so I've moved on to other games, namely WHFRP2, True 20, and Savage Worlds. When 4E comes out, I'll likely give it a look. 3E/3.5 has stagnated to me, and become even more bloated and time intensive to run than 2nd edition ever did. I do hope they streamline 4E more and make it more DM and preparation friendly, otherwise I probably won't come back.

Mark Oliva

First Post
I'm not in the market for a new computer. I'm not in the market for a new wife. I'm not in the market for a new car. Nor am I in the market for a new fantasy RPG rules system. I'll ignore 4E. Blissfully.

WmRAllen67

First Post
"Not Really"-- its the upcoming first semester of graduate school that has done more to curb my RPG spending (and reading, and playing, &c &c) than anything else...

JustKim

First Post
You're always making polls and the wording in many of them is so biased. In this one, the only ways to vote no are to say "I would never switch" or "I'm already at a slow purchase stage". There is no option to simply vote no. No, I have not stopped buying as many books, either for wild 4E speculation or for any other reason. I do not hate WotC, and I can't say on principle that I would never switch. I do not hope to punish the RPG industry by withholding money, so that I can boast about my minimalist library. The answer is simply no.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads