• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Monster Manual II: will you?

Are you planning to buy the 4E MM2?

• Absolutely. I plan to purchase all of WotC's 4E books no matter what.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • Yup. I'm super-excited about it. Two-headed orange monkey-demons rule, and you KNOW it.

Votes: 119 48.2%
  • Meh. I'll decide after I've thumbed through a copy down at my FLGS.

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Well, I was planning on it...until I saw that terrible cover.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way. I hate this idea of a never-ending stream of "core" books.

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • 4E's not my bag, baby.

Votes: 49 19.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 11 4.5%

The_Gneech

Explorer
I'll take a look for ideas to steal for my Saga Edition kitbash games; if there are a lot of those, I'll buy it, but there weren't in MM4e1, so I don't have high hopes.

-The Gneech :cool:

lutecius

Explorer
No I won't.

I'm sure the next core books will fix some issues I have with 4e, but at this point i'm not even interested in playing 4e anymore.
Also I shouldn't have to buy 6 or more books to cover what I consider the bases of a fantasy rpg.

MM2, like PHB2, should sell on its own merits. The new stuff should feel like core because it's solid and interesting, not because it was omitted from the first books.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I do like that Demogorgon art.

I voted maybe. I'm still wrassling with some problems and annoying things about 4E, but it's possible we'll be giving it another shot, and if we do I might get this if it's better than the core MM.

Ventifus

First Post
I ♥ Monster Books. I bought nearly all of them, WotC and 3pp during 3e, and monsters are even more awesome this time around. MM2 and Blackdirge’s book are as good as preordered.

Of course it’s easy to make my own monsters, and I’m doing that too.

Wombat

First Post
I have never been a big fan of most monster manuals -- even with D&D, I got much better results with classed-characters and variants of basic monsters rather than add other oddities that don't necessarily fit my worlds anyway.

Aside from this, I'm off the 4e wagon.

So I'm happy to say, "No thank you".

Serendipity

Explorer
*shrug*
I bought precisely two monster books during the 3.x era. I don't see this as changing. The one area I don't need expanding is more critters thanks.

I voted the first option, though I will not actually by every WotC book, and certainly not "no matter what". Just a lot of them. I am not sure if I am still in for settings after Eberron, for example. But I think the "Core Books" will always be on my list...

Remove ads