• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Monster Statblock - fillable PDF form

Dortmunder

First Post
Hey gang,

I whipped up this PDF form that I thought might be useful. It is a fillable PDF form, based off the 4th Edition monster statblock.

There are 4 statblocks per page. The form is double-sided with room on the back for more information.

Page 3 has some side-by-side cards for those who want to fold them. I put the front on the left side to preserve right-to-left reading order when they are unfolded.

Some known issues:

• The Monster Name and Level # Role fields share the same line. I tried to find a way for them to auto-resize based on the other's value, but I haven't figured it out yet. Hopefully there will be enough room for most cases.
  • There is room for 2 Powers on the front, and 5 more on the back. You can completely erase the text on the back if you want more "scratch space" for tactics, description or what have you.
  • I was unable (so far) to get the fancy 4e Power Type symbols (melee, range, close, area) to be customizable for each Power, so for now they are left out. I recommend using a letter code in the mean time: melee, ranged, close, area. Your mileage may vary.

Update: Thanks to your feedback I've made some adjustments. The latest version can be found at the link below.

Thanks and enjoy! :)

The form (found *here* ) is licensed under Creative Commons.

Last edited:

Saitou

First Post
Re: Letter coded attacks

Lower case is for basic attacks. Upper case for non-basic. Thus, m and r for basic melee and ranged attacks; M, R, A and C for everything else.

erf_beto

First Post
Very nice indeed!
Kudos! :D

Suggestion: instead of printing the backs, I'd like to have the extra 5 powers on the side, so I could print just one sheet, cut it in half and fold-and-glue the parts in the middle (or leave them open, with both sides up). Like this:

------------------
|Front 1 | Back 1 |
------------------
|Front 2 | Back 2 |
------------------

Dortmunder

First Post
Saitou: Yup that's a good idea, I was going to suggest putting () around the letter code, but your solution is much simpler and saves on space :p

Cirex: Share and share-alike ;)

erf_beto: That's a good idea too, I'll see if I can make that modification tonight at home.

Remove ads