• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Old Empires of Faerun/Elves Help?

GrecoG

First Post
Hey all! Some of you people out there do amazing work in fan created 4e material. I am currently running both 4e & 3.5, but my long-standing 3.5 campaign in Forgotten Realms needs to be converted to keep it going.

I based the campaign, which is roleplay and story intensive on the Elven History, especially the Elfblades of Cormanthor, and the return of Vyshaan gold elves who have been living in seclusion, per the prophecy hook of "Return of the Sons of Vyshaan".

If any of you have good suggestions, advice, or have statted out some cool ideas [Vyshaan battle-magic, flying vehicles, magic weapons, etc.] or especially can give me a good stat out for the Elfblades, I would love some advice.

Feel free to post via my new blog, or private message here. Public discussion of this thread would rock, because I love the rich history of successes and mistakes that the elves of Faerun have and plan to continue it in my homebrew FR campaign(s).

Elven Odyssey

Neil Bishop

First Post
I've started a thread at Candlekeep asking for help with a similar problem: I want to try the 4E rules but I don't want the 4E version of FR, nor do I want my elves compressed into eladrin and elves- give me more flavour! ;)

Here are my first thoughts on elves and half-elves which I have also posted at Candlekeep Forum - 4E Rules but 3.5 Realms

Elves:

Dark: +2 Dex, +2 Int
Moon: +2 Dex... suggestions?
Star: +2 Dex, +2 Cha
Sun: +2 Dex, +2 Int
Wild: +2 Dex, +2 Wis
Wood: +2 Str, +2 Dex

Skill bonuses:

Dark: +2 Intimidate, +2 Religion
Moon: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Perception
Star: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Sun: +2 Arcana, +2 History
Wild: +2 Nature, +2 Perception
Wood: +2 Nature, +2 Perception

Half-elves

Racial Traits

Average Height: 5' 4" - 6'0"
Average Weight: 130 – 170
Ability scores: +2 to any one score, +2 to a score for which your elven parent’s race receives a bonus (note that both bonuses can be applied to the same score for a total +4 bonus)
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares.
Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven
Skills: either choose from your:
- human heritage to have an additional trained skill; or
- elven heritage to have +2 bonus to the same two skills for which your elven parent receives bonuses
Fey Origin: Your elven ancestors were native to the Realm of Faerie, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Mixed Heritage: You are treated as both a human and an elf (or the relevant subrace, if applicable) for the purpose of feats, paragon paths etc….
Choose Your Heritage: either you gain a bonus feat because of your human heritage or you gain one of the following abilities depending on your elven parentage:

• Drow: darkvision instead of low-light vision
• Moon: elven accuracy
• Star: fey step
• Sun: wizard at-will spell as an encounter spell
• Wild: elven accuracy or ranger at-will ability as an encounter ability
• Wood: elven accuracy or ranger at-will ability as an encounter ability or fey-pact warlock spell as an encounter spell

If you are of the class mentioned, instead of an additional at-will ability as an encounter ability, you gain an additional at-will.

I welcome any comments (even outright criticism!).

GrecoG

First Post
Neil. Thanks for being the only person to reply to this request, out of 3 different forums I posted to and my own relatively new blog! Feel free to email me or post to me more quickly via my Blog, at the "Elven Odyssey" link above.

Neil Bishop

First Post
GrecoG,

I was thinking about posting on your blog because, frankly, I am really interested to know what you did/what you are doing with the Sons of Vyshaan storyline.

dktufts

First Post
Hey

Just dropping a line. I have also started a project to bring more of the old forgotten realms into 4th Edition. Maybe we should work together.

Remove ads