• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E Paper Magazine

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
It's a shame that WotC can't partner with Lulu or some other outfit in order to offer print on demand Dungeon and Dragon issues.

Even better they could allow customers to cherry-pick and print selected articles to compile their "best of" compilations.

More realistically they could offer their own "best of" compilations every year.

Mottokrosh

First Post
I like the online, landscape PDFs from Wizards. If only my eeePC had a bigger screen then they would be joy to read on the, er, anyway, to read.

However, it seems to me that more care was put into the print magazines, especially regarding spelling, grammar and other inconsistencies that a good editing process should uncover. Coming across errors in supposedly professional products yanks me right out of my immersion. It appears that the PDFs are going the rush,-publish-and-forget route of so much online content.

It's a shame that WotC can't partner with Lulu or some other outfit in order to offer print on demand Dungeon and Dragon issues.
Maybe it's just a thought that hasn't occurred to them yet - if people show a real interest, maybe it would work out.

I probably wouldn't use the service, though. I never had any RPG print magazines. Online sources have been sufficient to me so far.

Last edited:

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
However, it seems to me that more care was put into the print magazines, especially regarding spelling, grammar and other inconsistencies that a good editing process should uncover. Coming across errors in supposedly professional products yanks me right out of my immersion. It appears that the PDFs are going the rush,-publish-and-forget route of so much online content.

Actually, proofreading in general has gone down in quality since the rise of the word processor. Before, when you could only print through print shops, people took the time to devote to strict proofreading and quality control. I've seen a lot more typos in professional products like games and books. I think only the older news media outlets and huge book publishers still put that level of care with dedicated editors and proofreaders.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads