• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHP cover art changed

Gort

Explorer
small pumpkin man said:
Apparently some non-US distributors complained that the teifling on the cover wasn't "appropriate for their markets".
Huh. Usually it's the US that insists on the censorship.

Bagpuss

Legend
Jinete said:
I knew somebody would complain about the tiefling. The cleavage on that armor was just too much. :p

Erm the complaints weren't about the female teifling, but the male one, and from foreign distributors. Probably looked too much like a devil so wasn't suitable in some parts of the world where the religious nuts would claim D&D is all about Satan worship.

A bit of cleavage is fine.

Odd because I would have thought that would be more of an issue in the US Bible belt than other countries.

Last edited:

Jinete

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
Erm the complaints weren't about the female teifling, but the male one, and from foreign distributors. Probably looked too much like a devil so wasn't suitable in some parts of the world where the religious nuts would claim D&D is all about Satan worship.

A bit of cleavage is fine.

Odd because I would have thought that would be more of an issue in the US Bible belt than other countries.

I was talking about the male tiefling. Though I admit it's more of a robe than armor.

Remove ads