D&D 4E 4e Poachable Powers List: A list of good powers to poach from other classes

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'd view it as a Sky Blue. It might very well be a Gold Power from a Warlord standpoint, but it still isn't powerful enough to make everyone into a Warlord by itself. Particularly in the other combats of the day.
Sky blue for a Strength class or one tricky enough to swap attributes I suppose. It is daily and one enemy and it does require a to hit which does itself not get the bonus it will likely pull other resources to assure that it hits (like perhaps an action point) flanking and similar teamwork too and you have to make sure its on the enemy of the day which you really want it on (going in blind isnt good).... sure yes indeed might be Golden but I think knocking it down to one round was a disservice.

Last edited:

MwaO

Adventurer
Put Giant's Grasp onto the list — Monk 7 power — the impact isn't in the attack power, it is in what the move power does — it isn't forced movement, so you grab someone, run them past your allies with melee basic attacks

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You've seen this list? All the 4e CharOp handbooks and I generally update my own handbooks over time, though much more rarely now
I don’t generally look at CharOp handbooks, but sometimes I have an idea for a PC in a game that I don’t have sufficient mastery to realize. This is especially true of my predominant preferences in making characters for D&D in the context of 4Ed.

In this case, I’m not deeply enamored with 4Ed, but there was enough stuff I liked that I purchased the bulk of the books that increased options for PCs. Historically, I’m a HUGE fan of multiclassing, going back to AD&D, and 4Ed’s versions of it are different enough that it presented me with some challenges. And to be clear, my first 4Ed PC was multiclassed.

A thread like this would DEFINITELY have saved me some time and effort, at least in terms of evaluating what paths I should take and how to prioritize them.

Remove ads