• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Verys Arkon

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Straight from The Rouse (#10):

Short Sword +2 prof 1d6 light blade

Dagger +3 prof 1d4 light blade
Does this mean Paladin's get +1 attack, as mentioned in another post earlier here, to keep Corrin's short sword attack at +6? The dragonborn paladin from KotS isn't getting a +1 attack, as far as I can tell (+4 Str +3 longsword = 7). The longsword's +3 proficiency seems confirmed by the new Tiefling Warlord's longsword attack (+3 Str +3 longsword = 6).

Of course, the DB Paladin from KotS is also missing his +1 to all three defenses from being a paladin, so maybe his attack is wrong too.

My guess is the short sword has changed between D&DXP and publication.

Thanks, I'll update it in v2.7

Here are some other changes coming...

• Added Warlord powers Viper’s Strike, Leaf on the Wind, Aid the Injured, and Steel Monsoon. (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Corrected Tactical Assault feat description. (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Hide armor has a -1 armor check penalty (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Removed +1 Reflex from Halflings, added +1 Reflex to Paladin (undoes the change made in v2.2) (Paladin sheet from Wired blog). http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/05/exclusive-dd--1.html
• Added Iron Will feat (+2 Will defense). (Wired blog)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Good one on ya for catching that.

I would have never expected "The Rouse" to get pwned like that. :(

Mort_Q

First Post
Do you want updates here?

WotC_Logan said:
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4241259&postcount=8

The Pre-release Rules Compilation uses the wrong terminology. It will say "close blast," not just "blast," and "area burst" instead of "ranged burst."

The categories are:
Melee—single target, doesn't provoke, attack a nearby creature.
Close—multi-target, doesn't provoke, attack nearby creatures, origin square is your square.
Ranged—single target, provokes, attack a distant creature.
Area—multi-target, provokes, attack distant creatures, origin square is far away.

Just in case.

MindWanderer

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Sojorn said:
The fighter at D&DXP had to ability to stop people from moving with OAs. The ability hasn't been seen since.
Yes it has. They still have that. But it's a fighter-specific ability.
So assuming the KotS fighter is also correct (which it should be, unless they changed the rule after DDXP and then changed it back after KotS was printed), fighters get a choice of two abilities, probably correponding to two-handed style and weapon and shield style:

Combat Challenge: Whenever an enemy you have marked and is adjacent to you shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a basic melee attack against that enemy as an immediate interrupt.

Combat Superiority: You gain a +2 bonus to opportunity attacks. An enemy you marked stops moving if you hit it with an opportunity attack provoked by movement.

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
Mort_Q said:
Do you want updates here?

Just in case.

Yes, as long as the updates don't come from KotS (like new powers, new class abilities, etc). There won't be many updates left, maybe 2 or 3.

Since KotS supersedes PrRC, I'm not sure how much of a point there is in continuing with updates, but I'll continue until the end (June 5).

I'll make the changes in v2.7. Logan, if your reading this, any other edits you'd like to make??? Maybe the ability score point-buy? :)

Verys Arkon

First Post
Daredevi1's Point Buy

Daredevi1's 25 Point Buy, with help from splotch, and based off of Thalmin's PHB observations that ability scores start at 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, seems really close. It works out for all the KotS pregens, and all but two of the DDXP characters (Erais and Kathra come out to 24).

Check out the development in this thread

ok i did 10-10-10-10-10-8 ,25 point buy system on KOTS chars.

10=0
11=1
12=2
13=4
14=6
15=8
16=10
17=?
18=?

DB-pally
STR=16-10p (+2)
CON=12-2p
DEX=12-2p (-2)
INT=11-1p
WIS=13-4p
CHA=14-6p (+2)
T.P-25p

H.E cle.
STR-13-4p
CON-14-6p
DEX-11-1p
INT-12-2p (-2)
WIS-14-6p (+2)
CHA-14-6p (+2)
T.P-25p

Hal.rog.
STR-12-2p
CON-13-4p
DEX-16-10p (+2)
INT-11-1p
WIS-12-2p (-2)
CHA-14-6p (+2)
T.P-25p

Hu.wiz.
STR=11-1p
CON=13-4p
DEX=14-6p
INT=16-10p (+2)
WIS=12-2p
CHA=12-2p (-2)
T.P-25p

Dw.fig.
STR-16-10p
CON-14-6p (+2)
DEX-13-4p
INT-12-2p (-2)
WIS-12-2p (+2)
CHA-11-1p
T.P-25p

Basically you start with all 10 and in the end subtract 2 on 1 of your scores.

I'll be adding it as Method "C" in the next update.
Comments?

Remove ads