• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Race Anti-Survivor

Which Races are most likely to stay in 4e?

• Human

Votes: 203 95.8%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 196 92.5%
  • Elf

Votes: 196 92.5%
  • Halfling

Votes: 154 72.6%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 58 27.4%
  • Gnome

Votes: 60 28.3%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 71 33.5%

• Poll closed .

Glyfair

Explorer
Murder of Crows said:
Half-orc is my first guess, my second would be Gnome.
Yeah. Apparently the D&D site, while it was up, mentioned a special ability of half-elves, inspiring presence. That narrows it to gnomes & half-orcs.

Last edited:

Moon-Lancer

First Post
darn, i was just about to say that. yeah basically down to gnome and half-orc.

i want to say the gnome is gone because orcs are so popular in wow, but the tifling seems more likely to be a fighter type race, so that would mean the half orc would be gone. the tifling is also the outcast, and thats also the half orcs role,

GAAAHHH

First Post
I have always liked gnomes. I will miss them if they aren't in 4th edition.

I'm guessing they will be included in the Eberron Campaign book, since they are rather important to the setting.

Cadfan

First Post
Gnome and Half Elf are doomed.

Dwarves, Elves, and Halflings all have their own niche in the D&D world and in the D&D rules. Gnomes are pseudo halflings, and half elves are pseudo elves. Nothing major would be lost if they went away. Half Orcs, on the other hand, are questionable. I'm not sure where they'll go.

Fifth Element said:
Half-elves are in, they're mentioned on the new site. And they have an "inspiring presence".

Bah. WHY?! Half elves have never had enough individuality to be worthy of a race spot. People play them just like humans with low light vision anyways. And if you're going to play the "I'm stuck between two cultures" angle, the tiefling, aasimar or half-orc are much better defined. Half elves are boring.

Mad Mac

First Post
I'd personally drop the Half-Elf, but it looks like they're getting a power boost instead. Bah.

Gnome is obviously gone. They've been the least popular race forever, even though I'm rather fond of them.

Half-Orc could go either way. They fill an important niche (Outcast, Brute, and Tieflings are sneaky backstabby types, so they don't really compete with Half-Orcs. ) However, it's really the halfblood thing that makes them unpopular. I want Half-Orcs to stay, unless they replace them with fullblooded Orcs or something similar. Then I have no problem dropping them.

orsal

LEW Judge
Wombat said:
Beyond human, elf, dwarf, I'd say all of them stand a chance of being on the chopping block.

I'd add halfling to the untouchable list. Those are the four that have been there from the start -- every addition, basic, advanced, whatever, has included them. You want to peddle your new product as a continuation of a 30+ year tradition? Don't mess with those four.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads