• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Stat Block Feedback

The Little Raven

First Post
Hey guys, I'm just looking for some feedback on some stat blocks that I was planning on using in an upcoming product I am working on. Here are the templates.

Quests

quest.jpg

The quest stat block is designed to be put on a card and given to players when they receive a quest. That is why I chose to use a new color (dark blue), instead of the standard color used in the DMG headers.

I've received a couple comments about the blue being too bright, but that strikes me as odd in light of the bright green (at-will), bright red (encounter) and bright orange (magic item) headers used in the PHB.

Settlements

settlement.jpg

The settlement stat block is based on the writeup of Suzail in the Backdrop: Cormyr article, with some changes. Inns and Taverns are put together on the same line, instead of being separate entities, and a Places of Interest section was added for other places. A header was added, in a dark purple color, as I also intend this one to be given to players to give a quick and dirty description of the settlement. Settlement Summary is for a quick description, such as "Capital of Cormyr" or "Largest City in the World."

skillchallenge.jpg

The skill challenge stat block is derived from the ones found in the Sea Reavers adventure in Dungeon, with a few minor changes to the format. I stuck with the DMG header color, as I intended this to be a DM only stat block.

So, I'd like some feedback. Are there any sections that could be modified to be more use-friendly? Are there additional points of information that should be added? Do the colors work for you?

TheNinjaD

First Post
Having just a population number for settlements doesn't seem to make as much sense as how WotC has done it, in my opinion. I think it is good to make note of the actual settlement population as well as the people outside of the settlement.

The Little Raven

First Post
Having just a population number for settlements doesn't seem to make as much sense as how WotC has done it, in my opinion. I think it is good to make note of the actual settlement population as well as the people outside of the settlement.

You're absolutely right. The stat block has been modified accordingly. I'll get an updated picture up when I have the time.

Remove ads