• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] The Wolfcrown, Chapter 1

Rathan

First Post
"No more unneeded killing my friend. I don't care WHAT you do with him as long as he lives to stand trail for what he's done. Beyond that... that is the ONLY request I have." Doren said as he gives Thorn the 'I'm not happy about what transpired last night' look. A look of deep unease in his eyes as he speaks to Thorn.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Baern pipes up, showing no signs of the drink the night before. "Sure nobody has a problem with that, sonny. We all wanna see justice here." He takes a sip of whatever's in front of him, then turns to Thorn and offers a wink.

Captain Scultone stares at Thorn for a long moment. His bronze eyes communicate a strong sense of empathy, tempered perhaps by a calm exterior.

"You'll get your chance to...talk to the dread Captain, friend, but he will have to stand trial. You must understand. He's the most wanted criminal in the entire world. Perhaps..."

Scultone pauses, in an effort to choose his words carefully.

"If he's found guilty, his sentence would most likely be death. If that were the case, perhaps I could persuade the court to...outsource the execution."

Shale Stoneheart speaks up.

"While ye all are deciding on which mission to pursue, give Libra yer equipment. She'll put some enchantments on yer gear. That ought to keep ye out of trouble fer the time being."

Captain Scultone draws something from his pack: a small, ornate, arm-mounted shield inscribed with the insignia of the Dragonborn Corps: a platinum dragon's claw, clutching at an axehead.

"Doren, you can have this. It was given to me by the king himself at the beginning of the first war against The Evil One. It served me well for many years. Perhaps it'll keep you safe in the trying times we face."

Scultone hands the shield to the cleric with a smile.

"Is it settled, then? Will you protect Queen Springseer while my the Orphans' Guild takes Captain Teach?"

[sblock=Equipment]Squeal: Badge of the Berserker & Armblade (+2).
Doren receives: Vicious Mace (+2), Symbol of Life (+2), & Cpt. Scultone's Shield

I'll update this block with the rest once they've been requested.[/sblock]

Phaezen

Adventurer
Squeal, Warforged barbarian

Squeal listens to the conversation intently.

"This one thinks the queen is more important to save, although this time this one feels that perhaps more can be found out from the assassin"

As the conversation winds on Squeal draws its longsword amd starts fidgeting with it.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Squeal hands his longsword and a strange looking amulet to Libra for enchantment. Those who are paying attention will note the amulet is carved from Crag's face plate.

When squeal receives the items back the warforged looks over them and nods. The amulet clicks into place in a slot on Squeal's chest plate, while the sword seems to merge seamlessly with it's hand.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Torath is refreshed by the nights rest and he feels more alive than ever. When he reaches the common room he sits and eats politely and listens to the conversation. When asked to give some of his equipment to the enchanter he decides to trust in these people.

Walking to the gnome he gives her his longsword and the strange quad-deity holy symbol. "These serve me the most, can you make them stronger against our foes?" he asks.

When it comes down to making a decision he says, "Though I would like to learn more of this group called The Cloak, a queen is in danger and we should do all in are power to help."

[sblock=OOC] Have are lvl ups been approved so we can upgrade our character sheets. btw IG I learned today that I missed moving my AC up by 1 also. [/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Doren accept the shield with a low bow to the Captain. A look of awe at the man that he would pass up such a gift from the now late king.

"Are you sure Captain?.. This came from the late king? I will never let it out of my personal belongs that I assure you. You have honored me Sir and this I will not likely forget." the priest says as he tries to show the captain how much this meant to him. Before long he handed his holy symbol with reluctance as well as his mace to the woman before him and smiled as she got to enchanting.

[sblock=OOC to All]Have we made a decision as to which we'll be heading?.. can I have an sblock count here as to who is voting what?

Looks like we got myself voting for going after captain Teach. Whereas protecting the queen has Squeal and Torath so far.

Tally is:
Saving Queen 2
Taking Out Assassins 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Baern lays his rod on the table in front of the gnome with trepidation; it's never been out of his possession for as long as he's had it, and now it seems everyone's wanting to take it. This time, at least, he knows he'll get it back. He sets his hammer down beside it with a resounding thud. "Thank ye," he says simply, looking at the woman.

"Wherever we're needed most is where I'll be."

yzard

First Post
Thomas, Summoner Wizard

A night of stimulating conversation followed by rest has invigorated Thomas. A fresh bed grants some perspective and he is ready to do what needs to be done.

"Aye. I'm of a like mind. Both paths are important, but can we in good conscience ignore the peril to the Queen?"

[sblock=ooc]
Queen gets Thomas' vote. And man has there been a lot of action since Friday! My busy weekend started early and haven't had time to check-in. Good stuff so far!
[/sblock]

"Alright, then. It's settled. You'll set off for the White Vale after breakfast. I'll send a letter of warning to Queen Springseer with you. Your mission is to protect her at all costs, and if possible, arrest the assassin for questioning. Queen Springseer is now the most important political figure in the whole country. If she falls, things will fall quickly into chaos. She's a young ruler, too. She's inexperienced. Make sure you take good care of her. I'll put our other squad on a ship to Port September tonight. Report back here to me once you've completed your mission. In case of an emergency, send word to Shale. Hopefully, we'll have Bright-Eyed Captain Teach tied up in the cellar by the time you come back."

Scultone looks at Squeal's new amulet - a scratched-up warforged faceplate - and smiles. He turns to face Doren, who holds the dragonborn's shield proudly. Scultone looks at the rest of you in turn.

"My friends, be strong. Be vigilant. Good luck."

Libra Kell hands you the rest of your equipment with a smile.

"Good luck," says Stoneheart. "And don't go fallin' in love with the Queen!"

Captain Scultone hands a folded letter to Torath.

"Deliver this to the Queen, and protect her with all your strength."

[sblock=Letter]Queen Springseer, the bearers of this letter are agents under the protection of The Orphans' Guild. They've been sent to protect you from the threat of a potential assassin - possibly the same assassin who felled our noble friend, Damarch Hood. Please provide these agents with whatever supplies they need while they are in your service, and once they have apprehended the criminal, please facilitate their safe passage to Black Lake Proper.

Honorably yours,
Cpt. (DBC) Talon Scultone
[/sblock]

The bright morning light beckons you out into the city and beyond, out into the melodies of lush forests and somewhere, perhaps, even beyond that, lies the promise of justice.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads