• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E updates/errata posted today 1/20/2009

Mengu

First Post
A lot of it is verbal clean up, some are minor adjustments.

The most blatant changes I've noticed so far are Veteran's Armor and Night Hag. I'm sure there are others, but those two are the ones I cared about.

Larrin

Entropic Good
Thank goodness they got to the night hag...that was a pretty big mistake....Otherwise it looks pretty standard tweaking...though i notice alot of orbs lost their critical bonuses.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
The one I noticed was Jagged Weapon. Before the update, it didn't specify "save ends," and IMO it clealry should have it, but our DM didn't think so :) . We won that fight, and the swordmage picked up the jagged sword, eyes alight with glee. :)

DracoSuave

First Post
Spellscarred now have implements. That's a change from before. Specifically it's whatever implements you can already use, which is pretty much how people were playing it.

Pact Hammer no longer has the property which does nothing.

Zsig

Explorer
I'm so disappointed.

It's been over 5 months now since last update and most changes I see there are referring to keywords...

...meanwhile, the stuff that really needed errata update is still there, broken.

babinro

First Post
I'm really glad Veteran's Armor received a proper errata. It went from hands down best armor in the game to something balanced in my opinion.

I feel the wizards orb mastery should be addressed though as it has the tendency to be over powered with certain magical items and a high enough ability score. I'd like to see the power limited to only a certain maximum (much like how Blade Cascade is now). Either that or make the penalty to saving throws last only for the one round to put it along the lines of the other masteries (defense bous and attack bonuses are only for one attack, why is the orb mastery until it is saved?)

All and all I'm very pleased with the changes...though its funny how many senseless errors were not picked up in the editing process (missing attack lines and the like)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Interesting. The core books errata is included in the current pdfs (and probably in the Deluxe books - could someone confirm?)

Cheers!

James McMurray

First Post
I think the Veteran's Armor change was an over-reaction. It needed to be modified for those GMs who can't say "No," but making it work lie the staff that swaps powers (i.e. limiting it to powers of its level or lower) would remove the worst abuses and still make it flavorful and a viable choice. The new version is unlikely to be sought after by many PCs, as its use is limited and there are better armors out there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads