• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E VoiP/Chat MapTool Tuesday Evenings

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm 90% certain this tuesday is gonna be the amazing maptool and Voip setup party. Right now I'm at a party of 7 with one alt. (Could be 6 with 2 alts depending on how I interpret info)

Alastor118

First Post
Just wanted you to know, if we manage to get a cleric or other healer of some sort, I'd love to be a tactical warlord instead of inspiring. :)

gamervoid

First Post
I think that would be alright, since we already really need a cleric (IMO), and you would still have the healing word, just not as many of the healing surge causing powers (I think that's how it works).

Also, to make things flow well this weekend, everyone who has gotten a good idea that they can be/are in the group should post here asap with the class/build/race they are after in order to make our party well formed and perhaps even built with interlocking strategies.

I'm going ELADRIN ARTFUL DODGER ROGUE since it is just plain romantic leaving anonymous love letters for all the nice monsters (attached to the shurikens of course).

Also, Ill post here asap about the different stealth scenarios that might come up to make sure they sit right with Gene before I find myself at the bad end of the ruling stick mid combat.

Dungnmaster001

First Post
Also, to make things flow well this weekend, everyone who has gotten a good idea that they can be/are in the group should post here asap with the class/build/race they are after in order to make our party well formed and perhaps even built with interlocking strategies.

I'm going ELADRIN ARTFUL DODGER ROGUE since it is just plain romantic leaving anonymous love letters for all the nice monsters (attached to the shurikens of course).

Also, Ill post here asap about the different stealth scenarios that might come up to make sure they sit right with Gene before I find myself at the bad end of the ruling stick mid combat.

As I mentioned before I won't be able to make the first session but I'll be a regular after that :) As for build I was thinking of Strength based Dragonborn Paladin. Was considering Dwarf at first but I've played too many dwarves in 3rd edition so I wanted something new and I like the flavor of the dragonborn... Plus there's that whole breath weapon thing :)

edit: after looking through the PHB some more, would it upset anyone for me to switch to Fighter instead of Paladin? I know we're light on healing but really the paladin's healing ability isn't that great from what I can see, and I think the Fighter will make a better Tank role for me.

If we had someone else for a defender role of course I could actually play a cleric (and let our warlord be more tactical). I'm actually pretty flexible in my playstyles. I just went with a defender since there wasn't one yet(or if there was I missed it).

Also since I've never done the online tools thing, I'm going to assume standard PHB point buy for stats?

Last edited:

gamervoid

First Post
Fighter would be pretty sweet I think. Loosing lay on hands means we should really try to pull another leader type healer even more I think.

smallkiwi

First Post
Ok trying to get this straight:
For this Tuesday we've got:

1 Rogue
1 Warlord

and not tuesday but after that:

1 Paladin

I will play a Fighter if that's ok with everyone UNLESS Jericho chooses to play a fighter or pally, in which case, I'll be a ranger :)

We'll have characters prepared and ready to go Tuesday, im lookin forward to playing

gamervoid

First Post
1 rogue (me)
1 warlord (Alaster)
1 fighter (Dungnmaster001 's preference)
1 wizard (renau1g if hes on deck)

small kiwi's 2 person group (perhaps a fighter/paly + ranger)

It sounds like a decent group assuming we keep stocked on potions, and with the good ground control, we should be able to maximize our overlapping effects.

Also, I bet Gene is the same way, but anything notably broken should in some way be curtailed. Specifically, I think cascade of blades is a good example. My idea to curtail that one is just to simply cap the number of times it can be retriggered, for instance = to your str bonus or whatever scalable value seems fair given the lvl of the power and the comparable powers at that lvl.

Dungnmaster001

First Post
Well I've had good news today it seems the assistant manager at work cancelled her vacation and is working tuesday. I'll be able to make the first session after all :)

Dungnmaster001

First Post
1 rogue (me)
1 warlord (Alaster)
1 fighter (Dungnmaster001 's preference)
1 wizard (renau1g if hes on deck)

small kiwi's 2 person group (perhaps a fighter/paly + ranger)

It sounds like a decent group assuming we keep stocked on potions, and with the good ground control, we should be able to maximize our overlapping effects.

Also, I bet Gene is the same way, but anything notably broken should in some way be curtailed. Specifically, I think cascade of blades is a good example. My idea to curtail that one is just to simply cap the number of times it can be retriggered, for instance = to your str bonus or whatever scalable value seems fair given the lvl of the power and the comparable powers at that lvl.

hmm assuming smallkiwi's 2 are fighter/pally + ranger we end up with the following roles

2 strikers (ranger, rogue)
2 defenders (either 2 fighters or 1 fighter and a pally)
1 leader (warlord)
1 controller (wizard)

Sounds good. Though I'm still willing to switch to cleric if everyone thinks it'll help more than a 2nd defender.

If I did we'd have
2 strikers
1 defender
2 leaders (cleric and I believe the warlord expressed interest in changing to tactical build)
1 controller

Either way works for me equally well. Just let me know ;) I like making characters so I've been building them both today just in case. I did change from dragonborn to dwarf though. It made for a more balanced stat distribution for the tank and also for the cleric.

Fighter would be Axe and Shield style, Cleric would be focused on healing and staying out of melee.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads