• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E VoiP/Chat MapTool Tuesday Evenings

Alastor118

First Post
Haha, I only want him to be a cleric so I can be a tactical warlord which focuses less on healing and more on buffing, not cause I want two healers. >.>

gamervoid

First Post
I like either, we could do well with either. I do hope gene plans to keep things somewhat core on the encounter threat lvl though. also, i am going to highly encourage the fighter to take a look (at lvl 10+ when the feats become available) at the brilliant designs behind specializing in spears and opportunity/immediate interrupt pushing effects. Properly built, a fighter can use his pushing at will on oppertunity attacks, push for 2 (or perhaps 3) spaces, and in doing so often cause the target to loose reach of its target. Taken a step further, the paragon path for clerics, "warpriest" means that they will get many more opportunity attacks and many chances to push. The field advantage alone makes it one of the scariest non broken melee options in the game that I have seen. Also, to add more to the fun, there is a spear feat that gives you on oppertunity attack as soon as an enemy moves from non adjacent to adjacent (even a shift), meaning you could counter most any action around you with at least a 2sq push.

There will likely be some question as to whether or not the feat and power triggered oppertunity attacks are limited by the normal "one per enemy per round" rule, but I hope they can be resolved in a similar fashion to the blade cascade issue I mentioned.

gamervoid

First Post
also, I wanted to get Gene linked to a thread I learned about that has HTML macros built for all existing powers for all the classes that we can integrate into each character once they are put into the campaign. Like normal macros, it makes powers as simple as a button press, but also rolls both the hit and the potential damage, along with the full description of the power in a manageable form in the chat box for all to see (no need to be looking back and forth). I practiced this in a server with a different group and I can say that it means we might be playing even more quickly online then we could be in person assuming Gene is skilled with maptools and the rest of us are fast adapters. Also, the macros read data such as weapon die, weapon bonus, level modifier, and stat modifier used, as it is written in the character sheet in the campaign save, meaning that besides changes for lvl ups and weapon upgrades, it functions with just the one button click. It is amazing how much time it can save - move here, press button, look it missed so ill ignore the dmg roll, minor action pat on back, Next player?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The fighter should use what weapons he wants to. You all should use whatever powers and abilities you think are cool and not really worry about being optimized. 4e isn't 3e, so the "optimization variance" is just not as high.

If you like the idea of pushing and moving opponents? Great. Do it.

smallkiwi

First Post
I have rolled an Elf Ranger (Archer) named Alancar

10 Str, 11 Con, 20 Dex, 10 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha

23 HP, 17 AC

Powers: Nimble Strike, Twin Strike, Fox's Cunning, Split the Tree

Skills: +10 Acrobatics, +8 Healing, +10 Nature, +10 Perception, +10 Stealth, +5 Thievery

Feat is Lethal Hunter

Quick backstory: Alancar was born in a human town and taken from his mother's arms at a young age by the lord's guard captain. Alancar was raised among the town militia and served as errand boy to the men. He learned much about combat among these men as they trained and as they defended the town from rag-tag bands of gnolls and goblins who sought to raid and plunder. Al's primary duty was to hunt wild game in the forests and fields in order to help feed the militia. One day, when Al was only 16, he returned from a hunting trip and noticed dark smoke rising into the air as he approached. He could see that a particularly large band of Gnolls had overrun his town. Not knowing what else to do, Alancar reluctantly left this scene for fear of enslavement or death at the hands of the Gnolls.

Dungnmaster001

First Post
I've rolled a Dwarven Cleric
Name: Dalgon Goldbeard
Stats: Str 14, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 14
Trained Skills: Religion +5, Diplomacy +7, Heal +9, Insight +9
Powers: Lance of Faith, Sacred Flame, Healing Strike, Beacon of hope

Basic Backstory.

Orphaned when a band of orcs razed the dwarf village he was raised by a temple of Moradin. When he was older he felt the call of Moradin and joined the temple as a priest. After he finished his training he received a vision prompting him to leave the temple. He wouldn't tell anyone what the vision was, saying only that it was important. He doesn't know where his travels will take him, but he has faith that Moradin will guide his steps toward the event in his vision.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads