• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4E VoiP/Chat MapTool Tuesday Evenings

Dungnmaster001

First Post
Im sorry to say that my friend will not be joining us after all. I guess he just changed his mind and doesn't want to play after all. I will be there tonight however, looking forward to playing

Hmm if we have an open slot I have a friend who might be interested. He probably won't be able to make this evening's game though. I know he is interested in playing in a game but he hasn't had a chance to actually read the 4e rules yet. He was well versed in 3e though so it shouldn't take him long to adapt if I sit down with him over the next week and coach him through it. I'll talk to him later this evening and see if he thinks he'd be interested.

gamervoid

First Post
With our current party makup (wizard, rogue, ranger, paly, warlord, cleric) its basically going to be like: "Quick, save the Paly, everyone heal. WAIT, where did those strikers go? COWARDS!!!"

j/k I'm not one to leave a PC behind unless they earned it through foolishness themselves.

I am so happy our wizard went with control though, it will help our party a lot, plus, thunderwave is easily the sickest at will I've seen during a creatively designed combat.

*Spider rogue, Spider rogue, where the hell is that Spider rogue?" -Backstabed

renau1g

First Post
Yeah I thought control will be more fun, or at least more beneficial. I'm playing a damage dealer Wizard in another game.

Dungnmaster001

First Post
Note, I've never used maptool, I hope the learning curve isn't too steep

Me either, I've downloaded it and toyed around with it a little but nothing major and I'm assuming a lot of it will become clear when we're actually connected to the server. Other than downloading maptools and ventrillo is there anything that needs to be done on our end before game time tonight?

Also a question for Renau1g (or anyone else more familiar with wizard powers than me) what is the point of selecting cloud of daggers instead of magic missile? It would seem MM is a better power overall since it does more damage.

The cloud one only has an area of 1 square so it's likely only to do it's damage to one creature and only once unless someone prevents the creature that was in the square from leaving. I'm not criticizing or anything, just trying to figure out the usefulness behind some of the powers.

At any rate I'm excited and looking forward to tonight.

smallkiwi

First Post
Cloud of Daggers does more overall damage than magic missile if you have +2 or more wisdom modifier. It also is a garaunteed minion kill even if you miss the initial attack. It can be combo'd so that you can knock enemies into it for extra damage.

Dungnmaster001

First Post
Aha! I knew there was an advantage to it. Thanks I hadn't even noticed that part about the Wis modifier since I had only skimmed it I guess. Also I'm still getting used to thinking tactically in this edition so I was only looking at the power itself and didn't consider the effect of other characters pushing things into it.

Remove ads