D&D 4E 4E WotC Tools dead?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
This is why I chose not to renew a month ago and, instead, made "other arrangements" so that now I have all three tools sitting in my laptop and backed up here, there, and everywhere. I don't expect the tools to be here this time next year and I decided to be prepared. After all, knowing WotC's approach so anything online, the notification that the tools have been cancelled will probably come some time after the cancellation takes place.

(snip) Btw, the builder only works for me on Firefox; is that others' experience as well?

It was like that for me for a long time. That said, I'm in the Third World and I find Firefox is about the only reliable browser where I am right now.

thanson02

Explorer
I've just spent the past 10 minutes trying to find the 4E tools to which I subscribe, via bookmark, via navigation from the WotC website homepage, etc., all to no avail. Have they killed the tools, without notice, while people are still subscribed and paying for content? Or am I overreacting?

And this is why I stuck with the old CB and CBLoader........

solithan

First Post
Bummer still getting page cannot be displayed.
Guess I can try a reboot or something.
Just wanted to finish off this 4th ed conversion of Ravenloft.

Bummer still getting page cannot be displayed.
Guess I can try a reboot or something.
Just wanted to finish off this 4th ed conversion of Ravenloft.

Yeah, flush your browser cache and maybe dump out cookies for all the domains involved. Its also possible whatever DNS you rely on is just crappy. I know some ISPs DNS servers seem to hold onto cached names for DAYS after they've already been changed, and far beyond the TTL.

Cyronax

Explorer
Yeah none of the links anyone provided work for me on a laptop that I've used for 5.5 years with the 4e Digital Tools. I noticed a strange thing two weeks ago -- Firefox stopped working with CB no matter what I did. I had to start using IE, which I loathe, in order to update my characters. No matter what I did, I couldn't get Firefox to work with the old tools.

I also noticed that when I bought a Surface Pro 4 two weeks ago, that SilverLight wasn't supported. Is that because the Pro 4 is essentially a tablet and isn't compatible with Silverlight? That's my first assumption.

Anyway,

As some some have said, the death of the tools is not unexpected.

C.I.D.

Yeah none of the links anyone provided work for me on a laptop that I've used for 5.5 years with the 4e Digital Tools. I noticed a strange thing two weeks ago -- Firefox stopped working with CB no matter what I did. I had to start using IE, which I loathe, in order to update my characters. No matter what I did, I couldn't get Firefox to work with the old tools.

I also noticed that when I bought a Surface Pro 4 two weeks ago, that SilverLight wasn't supported. Is that because the Pro 4 is essentially a tablet and isn't compatible with Silverlight? That's my first assumption.

Anyway,

As some some have said, the death of the tools is not unexpected.

C.I.D.

MS has abandoned Silverlight, so anything running recent Win8 or 10 probably just doesn't support it. Maybe you can install the right tools and get it to work, as I believe the Surface Pro 4 runs a pretty stock version of Windows, but my guess is the UI will be pretty rough using a touch screen.

Remove ads