• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4ereviews.com Interviews Wolfgang Baur

4ereviews.com interviewed Wolfgang Baur about Open Design, 4th Edition D&D, Kobold Quarterly, GenCon 2008, and War of the Burning Sky.

interview snippet:

When asked If RPG publishers must choose between either 4E or d20, which way do you envision Open Design going? Wolfgang replied:

"I'm not sure that publishers must choose, but I guess we won't know until we see the license. I've been playing Keep on the Shadowfell the last couple weeks, trying to figure out the likely direction. While I've been underwhelmed by the Shadowfell adventure design, the mechanics underneath it are really solid and seem to have a lot of potential for sword-and-sorcery gaming.

As a result, Open Design will offer both 4E projects like Wrath of the River King and 3E projects like Tales of Zobeck. Wrath of the River King is an attempt to break away from the introductory-adventure cliches of Shadowfell and present something for a more experienced crowd of gamers: some shades of grey, a more realistic setting, a storyline with consequences and choices outside of combat (though there's plenty of that as well)."

Remove ads