• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E's announcement left you in what condition? ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Enfeebled. Until I get more details, I don't really know how much effort I want to sink into my 3.5 efforts.

Eltharon

Explorer
Surprised.
Luckily, I passed my will save versus mind affecting spells, and then the rest of my group ran in, saw the announcement, and told me to shut down the computer and play GURPS.
So, I don't think we'll be getting it until later on, to see how it is compared to 3.5e.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
Dying: A dying character is unconscious and near death. She has –1 to –9 current hit points. A dying character can take no actions and is unconscious. At the end of each round (starting with the round in which the character dropped below 0 hit points), the character rolls d% to see whether she becomes stable. She has a 10% chance to become stable. If she does not, she loses 1 hit point. If a dying character reaches –10 hit points, she is dead.

I'm not Dead yet!

;)

Emirikol

Adventurer
I had to laugh at all the people who actually believed that it would never happen...and then I started thinking about what my HOUSE RULEBOOK will look like ;)

jh

Oryan77

Adventurer
Discouraged & curious.

I think to myself, "Is it worth selling my collection and starting over again & redoing all of my notes that were created using 3.5 rules? Or do I already accomplish everything I need to run my campaign with the resources & knowledge I have now?" The sad thing is, I don't see any reason why I need to switch to 4e...I have everything I need already & I own every 3.x WotC book. I just won't get to buy any new useful books anymore I guess. There are more negatives to switching than positives.

I'm excited that there may be rules changes that are going to be really good changes, but I don't think I'll get to use them. I invested so much money & time on 3.5 that I just can't imagine doing this all over again. And all of my books will be useless? I really don't have a problem with much of the 3.5 crunch and it seems like they could have accomplished a positive change to the system by just releasing an alternate rules book that is still compatible with all the 3.5 books.

Droogie

Explorer
Panicked. When I read the news, I dropped my beer and ran through the house in random directions screaming like a small female child until I wound up in the basement, behind the hot water heater, cowering.

JK. Can't wait for 4e. :)

Flat-footed and Fascinated.

I totally didn't see it happening yet, but I've liked what I've seen so far.

Also, most of my 3.X investment has been in Eberron and FR books, so I'll be pretty much okay converting my stuff to any new edition.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads