• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition Gods

Commonblade

First Post
I got this from a similar thread awhile back, and been using it as notes for my current campaign. Forgive me but I do not remember who originally posted this.

Bahamut (Valor, Good Dragons, Dragonborn)
Tiamat (Vengeance, Evil Dragons, Dragonborn)
Moradin (Crafting, Dwarves)
Correllon (Magic, Eladrin)
Sehanine (Moon, Forest, Elves)
Avandra (Luck, Chance, Halflings)
Asmodeus (Deceit, Devils)
Pelor (Sun, Humans, Agriculture)
Kord (Strength, Storms)
Bane (War, Tyranny)
Vecna (Secrets)
Ioun (Magic, Knowledge)
Erathis (Civilization)
The Raven Queen (Death, the Dead, Winter)
Zehir (Night, Set clone)
Torog (?, Evil?)
Gruumsh (Orcs, Slaughter)
Lolth (Drow, Treachery)
Tharizdun (Evil, Demons)
Melora (Wilderness)

I think you can probably strike out the racial ties on these as well, and have a better idea of what the gods will be for.

Belorin

Explorer
Isn't Torog the elvish word for troll? Maybe Torog is the god of monsters, worshipped by PC clerics to receive monstrous abilities.

Bel

Commonblade

First Post
Green Knight said:
According to this article, Bahamut is "the god of justice, protection, and honor".

I'll accept that. :D

Belorin said:
Isn't Torog the elvish word for troll? Maybe Torog is the god of monsters, worshipped by PC clerics to receive monstrous abilities.

And that would be cool. Seems like a good gap that could be filled.

Last edited:

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Worlds and Monsters makes reference to the first demon, the Chained God (aka, the Elder Elemental Eye.)

Nahat Anoj

First Post
RyukenAngel said:
Worlds and Monsters makes reference to the first demon, the Chained God (aka, the Elder Elemental Eye.)
I'm pretty sure those are aliases for Tharizdun.

Also according to W&M, there are "20 (plus 1)" gods. Commonblade's list has only 20, so I wonder who the last one is.

Just about the only thing i don't like about this list is that Melora replaced Obad-hai as god of the wilderness. I simply prefer a "green man" as a representative of the wilderness gods, but I can get over it. :)

I also want to play a dwarf from the Stormhammer clan, a clan of dwarves who prefer living on mountain tops and who worship Kord first and foremost.

Remathilis

Legend
Commonblade said:
I got this from a similar thread awhile back, and been using it as notes for my current campaign. Forgive me but I do not remember who originally posted this.

Bahamut (Valor, Good Dragons, Dragonborn)
Tiamat (Vengeance, Evil Dragons, Dragonborn)
Moradin (Crafting, Dwarves)
Correllon (Magic, Eladrin)
Sehanine (Moon, Forest, Elves)
Avandra (Luck, Chance, Halflings)
Asmodeus (Deceit, Devils)
Pelor (Sun, Humans, Agriculture)
Kord (Strength, Storms)
Bane (War, Tyranny)
Vecna (Secrets)
Ioun (Magic, Knowledge)
Erathis (Civilization)
The Raven Queen (Death, the Dead, Winter)
Zehir (Night, Set clone)
Torog (?, Evil?)
Gruumsh (Orcs, Slaughter)
Lolth (Drow, Treachery)
Tharizdun (Evil, Demons)
Melora (Wilderness)

I think you can probably strike out the racial ties on these as well, and have a better idea of what the gods will be for.

Looks like my list. :)

The racial affinities are more race -> Deity than Deity -> race (dragonborn are apt to worship Bahamut, but Bahamut is not the god of Dragonborn)

That said, its not a bad idea to scratch the racial lists off the list.

and I STILL want to know what Torog is god off!!!!!

zoroaster100

First Post
If Pelor is the standard 4E god of the sun, how come the D&D Experience pregen cleric had Power of Amaunator as one of his feats? In any case, I prefer Pelor to Amaunator, because at least the players will be able to pronounce the name.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I believe you've missed Tymora. I'm pretty sure she (he?? I'm not really familiar with Tymora) is in. That was the halfling paladin pre-gen's deity from DDXP.

Remove ads