• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition Power Cards

knomercy

First Post
not when a full page is 2231x3304 pixels. You can fit 8 per page. I dunno thats the size when I import Anders PDF into photoshop and measure one card.

Nytmare

David Jose
I've only played around with this for a second, but a couple of things jumped out at me.

#1 It would be helpful to be able to navigate by letter, in addition to the other options. Clicking blindly through the numbers along the bottom trying to get to "Js" can kinda be a pain, especially as the list grows.

#2 Are there action point and second wind cards for this style yet?

#3 Any chance that you could change the page generated so that the cards had a black border (about 15px) and shared edges? The black border helps hide a host of problems including sizing issues, and sharing edges means that you've got less cutting to do.

Nytmare

David Jose
That's pretty gigantic! I'm pretty sure at that size you'll only be able to fit one per page. Does that sound about right?

You guys are confusing screen resolution and print resolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixels_per_inch

A printer usually wants around 200 to 300 pixels per inch to make things look pretty while a computer screen is usually getting about 100 pixels per inch.

I'm not sure what resolution your print method is outputting at though. Card size should work out to 3.5 x 2.5 inches to fit into card sleeves. I can get close to the right size by printing at 120% the original size.

When I'm trying to size stuff with a program that doesn't give me enough control over my sizing, I usually just print a range of different things that I know the dimensions of so that I can use them as a gauge.

ravenheart

Explorer
Great work rpaddock, and everyone else involved in making powercards for the D&D community!

I have just one request: It seems to be impossible (at least using Firefox 3.0.5) to add two identical cards to a set, but sometimes you do need two identical cards, for example, if you want to use two weapons, an extra implement, multiple copies of healing/inspiring word for ease of remebrance etc. Do you think it could be done? It would at least make my life a lot simpler!

Now, I know it might be a safeguard to prevent you from accidentally adding doubles to your set, but couldn't that be easily circumvented by applying a checkbox which allows doubles?

Thanks for the effort, keep up the good work! :p

Last edited:

Phreddkroe

First Post
Any chance of being able to rearrange the order of the cards when printing to pdf? Also, the 2nd level Warlord Utility "Rub Some Dirt on It" needs a Healing box. Thanks for the best 4E tool I've seen.

rpaddock

First Post
Sorry for not responding to all the requests!

The much anticipated Cease and Desist letter finally came from Wizards. It was a little earlier than I expected, since their powercards are not going to hit the market for another month or so. Either way, I appreciate all the support. I have a few ideas on how to rework what I've done in order to keep this project alive, but in between my full time job and my contracting I don't have too much time for play! I keep you guys in the loop if I divine some time for the additional programming!

Ryan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads