• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition Psion (2.0)

OU812

First Post
Sorry for taking so long for those who were interested. Otherwise: "Howdy!" to those new to my ideas. Please peruse my work as you wish and let me know what you think.

I've tried to implement some of the ideas presented by ya'll from my previous version, and hope the constructive criticism continues!

Have fun!

:heh:

Attachments

• 4th Edition Psion1.pdf
    142.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 4th Edition Psion2.pdf
    206.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 4th Edition Psion3.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 263
  • 4th Edition Psion4.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 286

gtoasnt3

First Post
Not bad at all. It looks well thought out and very thorough. I have one player that might want to try this out, and from what I've read, it should be pretty well balanced with the other PC's.

OU812

First Post
Thanks! I put a lot of thought and work into it. I always strive for balance in my designs too. I'd love to hear of any usage of the class. Feedback can only make it better.

gtoasnt3

First Post
My one friend has rolled one up to use tonight. He can't thank you enough! The only reason that he misses 3.5 edition is because WOTC hadn't released the Psionic stuff yet. I'll let you know how he liked it after tonight's session.

OU812

First Post
Awsome! Good luck and please fill me in when you can on how it goes.

Yeah, the main reason I did it was because I can't find a single place on the net that provided a 4th edition version of the Psion yet, and as far as I'm concerned, should have been a priority for Wotc for the PHB 2 or at least the Eberron player's guide...

Eberron without psionics...it just doesn't make sense to me.

=)

haaz

First Post
Only one word or two (because I didn't read the entire class) :
- you could add the implement keyword to powers that need it (essentially, nearly all attack powers)
- almost every WotC paragon path has an ability at 11th level that improves the use of an action point. Maybe you should do that to ^^

Otherwise, it's a great work !

gtoasnt3

First Post
We played the Psion from 1st to 2nd level on Friday night. Our first encounter ended up as a TPK (1st we ever had in 4th ed), but not due to the shortcomings of one character or another. I decided to let the guys bring the characters back (we aren't that realistic!) and learn from their mistakes. As a party, they need to stick together, and they knew it. Of course, the guys realize that this gift is a one time only thing.

So once the guys learned the hard way, every encounter from that point on went well. The psion's ability to grant CA along with the Rogue's sneak attack worked together really well. My friend that runs the psion enjoyed the character and plans on keeping him for the long run. One of his favorite powers involved blasting up all the debris and dust in the area to give the party total concealment from the enemies. This helped in fighting a goblin acolyte and his considerable power.

We play again on Saturday, and the party will reach 3rd level in two more encounters.

Many thanks!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Okay why use int or chr for the attack, then link damage to con?
Daze ENT on an at will? no thanks. seems a little overpowered, how about daze on a crit?
Formatting - color coding, or relabeling each power as encounter/daily/at will would be helpful.

the Good:
The mindlink requirement is a reasonable version of the hunters quarry/warlock curse.
The Wilders surge is good to, the once a day per tier & surge cost seem well balanced.

Hmm lots of daze and stun powers under level 10, I'm not going to a comparison with existing powers.
Its too close to PHBII release, and thats enough to take in at one time.
If psionics isn't part of PHBIII I will give a lot more thought to using a homebrew version. Psionics is written into my worlds, I just have to keep it scarce and undefined for now, but i may steal some of your powers for NPCs

good luck.

Last edited:

Remove ads