• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition WITHOUT minis

duke_Qa

First Post
my current dream: make a wargaming/gaming room with a couch-corner and a tabletop-corner for 40k-stuff. Use the 40k table for dnd combat, having x" strings/sticks to measure out lengths.

(And if technology improves/cheapens, i'll be getting myself a 3d printer and use that to create fancy stuff. )

Up until that time, i've already gotten my hands on the Alea tools gaming magnets. And i know where to get a a2-sized magnet-board for 20$(Ikea). All i really need now is some plastic laminate that i can put on top of a grid/maps and draw on.

Herodotus

First Post
I just use paper and draw what is going on. It's worked for every RPG I've ever played and it works for 4e, too. I honestly don't see what the big deal is....

Incenjucar

Legend
Herodotus said:
I just use paper and draw what is going on. It's worked for every RPG I've ever played and it works for 4e, too. I honestly don't see what the big deal is....

Some people have a need to "do things right" rather than just do them.

Cirex

First Post
I didn't use minis for 3e till a few months ago. I had the default blank battlemat (from the DMG) and my Warhammer minis and I needed it for a very specific battle, against the BBEG. I loved it so much that, since then, I started to use it in "important" fights.

Right now I got my first pack of D&D Minis (from Dungeons and Dread) and I'm planning to make the family grow by August. I'll be ordering 1-2 booster packs along the 4e DM screen (to have shipping costs).

I think it helps a lot with tactics and similar, and since 4e has emphasis with movement and so on, I think it could be a bit hard to play without, but certainly possible, like I did with the 3e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads