• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Herbalist

Morgan_Scott82

First Post
Greenleaf warrior seed - Herbalist Recipe
After you plant an ancient powerfull seed, a greanleaf warrior spawns from the soil.
Daily*Primal, conjuration.
Target: An empty square on the grid adyacent to the herbalist.
Effect: A greenleaf warrior spawns and fights on your side until the end of the encounter.

It could even be a third build based on the seeds.

If you're going to take this route remember the 4e standard action economy still stands, which is to say the Herbalist takes an action or the summoned creature takes an action, not both. This prevents one player from taking twice as much face time at the table and also keeps things balanced by not allowing one player to do twice as much.

Last edited:

Guyanthalas

First Post
If you're going to take this route remember the 4e standard action economy still stands, which is to say the Herbalist takes an action or the summoned creature takes an action, not both. This prevents one player from taking twice as much face time at the table and also keeps things balanced by not allowing one player to do twice as much.

Plant stays where its at, can't move, but can make opportunity attacks to squares it threatens?
Hell, you could probably do a lot with different types of plants. Specifically, i'm thinking of like a strangler vine which might be able to do a reach 2 grapple or something.

WYT

First Post
Herbalist.

“Do you underestimate nature’s power? From the littlest blade of grass to the greatest thousand-year-old tree; every plant contains the power to destroy you”.

Class Traits.
Role: Leader/Controller
Power source: Primal. The power from ingredients and mixes. Herbalist is an expert in plant’s properties.
Key abilities: Intelligence, Wisdom.
Armor proficiencies: Cloth, Leather.
Weapon proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged.
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Will.
Hit Points at 1st Level : 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points per level gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 5 + Constitution modifier

Trained skills: Nature. From the list below, choose three more trained skills at 1st level.
Class skills: Arcana, Diplomacy, Intimidation, Nature, Perception, Insight, Heal.

Build Options: Healer, Bottled destruction, Seed Master.

Class feats:
Gathering
Herbalists can recognize plants and take them to be used in her recipes. When an herbalist is in a forest or in a natural environment, she can make a perception harvest every thirty minutes to harvest ingredients.

Recipe book

Herbalists have a book which contains different ingredient combinations collected in their learning. Each time you gain a level that lets you select a daily recipe or a utility recipe, choose two different daily recipes or utility recipes of that level to add to your book. After an extended rest, you can prepare a number of daily and utility recipes according to what you can create per day for your level. You can’t prepare the same recipe twice.
If you replace a recipe because of gaining a level or through retraining, the previous recipe vanishes from your recipe book and is replaced by the new recipe.

Natural Gift

Herbalist has studied Nature most intimate secrets. Every blade of grass, every leaf, every tree is connected with her own soul. Meanwhile she is in a natural environment, herbalist has concealment and +2 bonus to her Stealth checks.

This is a the first piece from the Herbalist Class. Sorry for my english. As I am not english speaker, I will really apreciate correction.

Last edited:

WYT

First Post
Some new stuff:

Creating an herbalist
Healer

Healers are trained by a master. When the old healers are about to die, they transfer Nature’s ancient secrets to their disciples. A master herbalist teaches only a disciple in all her life. Generation after generation, healers transmit their knowledge by means of oral tradition.

Suggested Feat: Ritual Casting

Suggested Skills:
Arcana, Heal, Perception.

Suggested at will powers:
Protection potion, Ointment of Healing.

Suggested encounter powers:
Last Breath, Minor Stamina Potion.

Suggested daily power:
Regeneration Dust.

Bottled Destruction.

Bottled Destruction are trained in military schools. The regions linked with Nature have Bottled Destruction divisions in their armies. These herbalists are prepared to unleash the plants’ power in order to destroy their enemies.

Suggested Feat:
Armor proficiency (Hide)

Suggested Skills:
Arcana, Intimidation, Perception.

Moonrose, Intoxication Dust.

Draining spores

Suggested daily power:
Sharp fallen.

Seed Master.
Seed Masters live and are trained in an eclectic circle in the forest. They live in communion with the nature, for they learn to take what they need from the Great Mother. They summon the nature’ powers by planting seeds in the ground.

Suggested Feat: Defensive Mobility.

Suggested Skills:
Arcana, Diplomacy, Heal.

Protection potion, creeper embrace.

Stunning Seeds, Venomous roots.

Suggested daily power:
Precision red flowers.

Your comments will help me for sure ^_^

Last edited:

Paultimatum

First Post
Danggit, I tried to edit for grammar, but did something wrong and lost the message, and I really don't feel like starting over since there aren't very many mistakes anyway. Really cool class, I especially like the seeds and summoning familiars. In the ointment of healing power example (not going to try and quote it for risk of losing what i wrote again) I think it may be overpowered for an at will or underpowered for a twice per encounter (not sure which was intended) because there is a similar but slightly more powerfull cleric feature which is twice and encounter. It may be fine since it is a choice of power not a class feature, but I'm not sure.

Remove ads