• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5 rpgs I would take to a deserted island.

jdsivyer

First Post
Okay, so you're going to be stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life.

What 5 tabletop rpgs would you take with you?

Me? These 5:

1) Pathfinder
2) Shadowrun 3rd edition
3) Dark Conspiracy
4) Alternity
5) Earthdawn

Ant

First Post
So there's just me on this desert island and no-one to actually game with?

If that's the case then I'm choosing based on reading material and rules complexity:

1) OD&D (3 core books plus supplements plus all Strategic Reviews plus Chainmail)
2) Pathfinder (with all the splat books)
3) Rolemaster (with all the Companions)
4) Shadowrun 3rd ed (with all the extras)
5) Call of Cthulhu (plus all supplements including Delta Green, any edition)

dm4hire

Explorer
1) Pathfinder
4) Alternity

I'll agree with those two though Alternity with either Dark Matter or Gamma World settings; Dark Matter's incarnation under Alternity and it's continuation show great promise from WotC. Unfortunately the people surrounding the setting seem to disappear after it comes out. There is so much that could be done with it to continue on with the right mix of art and writing. I expect it to be the first or second setting revamped under d20 Modern 2.0*

As for me.

1) Pathfinder
2) Alternity - Dark Matter & Gamma World settings
3) Grimm
4) Legend of the Five Rings/Legend of the Burning Sands**
5) Anima

Last edited:

DeusExMachina

First Post
In no particular order of preference:

- D&D 4E
- nWoD (Changeling and Werewolf if I had to chose specific lines and a bunch of the mortals books)
- Earthdawn
- Shadowrun (haven't played in a long time, can't remember which version we played, but we had fun)

1) D&D 4E
2) Shadowrun (probably 4e)
3) Torg
4) Arcana Evolved (does this count as its own RPG? If not, I'd put 3.5 or Starwars Saga here, I suppose)
5) Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

5 is actually a lot for me. ;)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
1) Basic D&D (1977)
2) Basic Fantasy RPG
3) Principia Malefex
4) Story Engine (Revised)
5) Traveller

[Edit: Actually, scratch Basic D&D from that list. BFRPG is close enough and I just discovered last night that Mythopoetic's Danse Macabre is now finished and available (I'm about 7 months late to the party, so I have some catching up to do).]

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
In no real order:

-D&D 4e
-Cthulhutech
-nWoD (Promethean, Changeling and Vampire)
-Call of Cthulhu (still haven't played it but would like too)

Can't think of a 5th right now, if a good new cyberpunk game came out then that. Something that could model Ghost in The Shell well then that be it (not Cyberpunk 2020, wayyyy to 80s).

NerfedWizard

First Post
1. Omnifray (which I wrote, so I'm biased)
2. Labyrinthe (high fantasy, high-powered LARP system run near London, England)
3. something futuristic, maybe Dark Heresy (WH40K RPG, which I haven't played yet) [edit] or maybe CoC which I also haven't played [/edit]
4. something oriental, maybe L5R (on reputation alone - haven't played it)
5. AD&D 1st edition for nostalgia, or maybe Vampire: The Masquerade / oWoD

Remove ads