• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Artificer?

Grakarg

Explorer
Has anyone found any good conversions/creations for an Artificer?

I've been pushing my group to get on the 5e tip and convert over from 4e. I'm able to create thematic versions of everyone's PC (rogue, swordmage, druid) except for the Artificer and am a bit stumped.
Especially since magic item creation is no longer such a big part of the 'core' mechanics.

Any good creations out there?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I don't do artificers or know, really, anything about them other than "guys that do magic with machines"...

But I did see someone's version in the Homebrew forum...if it's not there, check the Character Building forum. The thread was just labeled "5e Artificer" or something equally simple. Think there's one in the 5e class database too.

So, check 'em out and maybe there's something there you'll like.

And welcome to ENworld. Have some start up XP.

gweinel

Explorer
Has anyone found any good conversions/creations for an Artificer?

I've been pushing my group to get on the 5e tip and convert over from 4e. I'm able to create thematic versions of everyone's PC (rogue, swordmage, druid) except for the Artificer and am a bit stumped.
Especially since magic item creation is no longer such a big part of the 'core' mechanics.

Any good creations out there?

Keith Baker (the creator of Eberron) has posted a conversion on his blog. You can check it out.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
There are two versions that I have seen put forward: Donusdeus on ENWorld Thread: Artificer Class, and DiBastet on Giant in the Playground. The two treatments are quite distinct from each other. I'll look for the links for them and post them here.

Here's the link for Donusdeus: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?365952-Artificer-Class

I'm still searching for the DiBastet link. Ah - here it is: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367999-5e-Homebrew-The-Artificer-(of-Alancia)

I hope these help.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads