• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5e Character Sheet — The Graphic Designer Edition

opteryx

Explorer
5e Character Sheet — The Graphic Designer Edition

I have just uploaded 5e Character Sheet — The Graphic Designer Edition to the downloads area.

I wasn't happy with the WotC sheets, they didn't seem to be laid out in a way that was very orderly. So, being a corporate graphic designer, I tried my hand at it. What I came up with was a simple, double sided sheet, but you'll only really need to look at one side during combat. Everything related to abilities, combat, attacks, saving throws and skills are given their own blocks. So really, only the top half of the page needs to be consulted during combat. Let me know your thoughts.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Not too bad at all. Only a few things I would mark as perhaps being needed.

1) You do not have Background listed anywhere as far as I can tell. You would need to either add it near the top on the first page, or else add a section to the BIFTs area (Bonds/Ideals/Flaws/Traits). Also, speaking personally I usually prefer having that section on the front page so that it's more likely for players to see/remember them during the game and thus get used more often. I'd find that personally more useful than the rather larger sections you gave to Readied Items and Ammunition. But that's just me.

2) Stylistically, I find the lack of a space between the small circle and each skill name to look a little weird and more difficult to read/understand than is probably necessary.

3) Not having thin horizontal lines across the Attacks, Proficiencies, Racial Traits and Class Features sections upon which to write the information is something I find missing and would result in a messier sheet for all those who use it.

4) As it's a D&D sheet, I think changing over money section over to copper, silver, gold is a requirement.

But other than these stylistic issue, I think it's a pretty clean and useful sheet.

JWO

First Post
I agree with pretty much everything DEFCON 1 posted. I'm not too bothered about point number 2 though.

I really agree with his point about the BIFTs area being on the front if possible.

I'm especially interested in this sheet because one of the players in my group is dyslexic and he likes the lack of visual noise on it this one!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads