D&D 5E [5e] dnd bladelock Drow

Adb0782

Explorer
Hello everyone,
Im thinking in a famale gish drow. We are using the PHB and maybe SCAG (the gm is still not sure if allow it or not). We gonna start lv 4 or 5. I would take 1 lv fighter (or 2 for action surge), and than x levels warlock fiend patron with blade pact as its what better fit for bg. The armor of aghatys fits so well with the sadism and the masochism of drows, as the gaining of temp hit points for killing and there are spells like hex (even both i think requieres concentration and this dont match well with the darkness/devil sight combo for get advantage on my attacks and give disadvantage on enemies attack against me, so maybe i can use this combo only if im on the sunlight for dont get any malus) very useful and still good for bg. The polearm master feat is very nice but not being human (and missing the feat at 1 lv) i dont know if its a good way to choose as i suppose to need warcaster at lv 4 as feat (right?). Some other idea? even some other weapon that better fits here? quarterstaff and shield bring me anyway to polearm master (plus also shield master probabably), what about going double rapier (or whip and shield with sentinel feat at lv 8, but maybe also this come too late? Would be nice cast eldricht blas as an OA with 10ft reach, i'd love it) dex based with archfey patron (in case i still dont get if the drow has racial bonus only on CHA or on DEX and CHA)? Probably its better a great sword str based with the fiend patron and add polearm master at lv 8 isnt it? or any of this option are all too far from a human with polearm master for be played? In this case a rogue (assassin)/paladin (that is not excatly a gish but with shield and maybe whip looks cool) or a rogue (arcane trickster)/fighter (battle master) probably with heavy crossbow feat can be much better?

ps i dont want the most powerful gish or else i would play human bladelock, at same time i dont want also be the useless pg of the group or someone that just spamming eldricht strike can do much more better.

Last edited:

Adb0782

Explorer
well i was thinking smething like this:

1 lv fighter (im not sure if add a 2 lv for action surge and than at higheter level even 3 for the battle master manouvers), x lv warlock
Fiend patron, pact of blade, defensive fighting style (+1 AC) (or GWF?), helbard
eldricht strike, armor of aghatys, shield, mirror image, hex, fireball, fire shield, invisibility what else?

feats: 4 Polearm master, 8 Sentinel (or +2 STR?), 12 +2 CHA

invocations: thirsting blade, repelling blast, lifedrinker

or

1 lv fighter (or 3) x lv warlock
Fiend patron, pact of blade, dueling fighting style, quorterstaff and shield
eldricht strike, armor of aghatys, shield, mirror image, hex, fireball, fire shield, invisibility what else?

feats: 4 war caster 8 Polearm master 12 +2 CHA (this is probably too slow for a drow isnt it?)

I also think something more armor of aghatys based lol

1 lv fighter (or 3) x lv warlock
Fiend patron, pact of blade, GWF, Great Sword
eldricht strike, armor of aghatys, shield, mirror image, hex, fireball, fire shield, invisibility, anyhing that gives me damage resistence, what else?

feats: 4 Heavy armor master 8 Martial adept (Parry as manouver and i dont know the second one) (or GWM?) 12 +2 CHA

Which one works better?

Ps of course all the builds suppose ill be lucky and get at least a 18 from my dice trow to put in STR, as a decent ones for COS and CHA (14/16 but better both 16).

Last edited:

Adb0782

Explorer
For what i see the polearm build make the bonus on STR and CHA enter kinda late being a drow (not before LV 8 and 12 as i can't get Polearm master at 1) and this can be an issue. Other issue can be that I'd like to use a lot Armor of aghatys and hellish rebuke and the hellish rebuke don't match so match with Polearm master, even for the so few uses i got of it it's not probably a big deal. From the other side, if i go without Polearm master, while i can easy put bonus on STR and CHA earlier, im not sure to can deal enought damage and give enought utilities to the party. Am i my thinking wrong? They r both perfectly playable?

Ps the dex based build I gave up bcs i realized it was writed super wrong and for sure it wasn't good to play without war caster and Polearm master than still delay my stat increase.

Remove ads