D&D 5E [5e] Druid with high Physical Attributes

Baumi

Adventurer
I want to play a Firbolg Druid, that has never seen any other humanoid before (more or less raised by animals and fey). The thing is, Firbolgs are really big (7 to 8 foot) and I want to represent this in his stats, so I have the following (including Racial Stats .. +1 Str, +2 Wis):

Str: 14, Dex: 12, Con: 14, Int: 10, Wis: 16, Cha: 10

My problem is that, while I love the concept, I dont know how I make use of his high physical Attributes (especially Str) at higher Level. A Land Duid doesn't get extra Attacks, so Melee works effectively only until around Level 5 and the Moon Druid fights as an Animal who replaces his own physical Stats.

Voort

Explorer
Two suggestions:

One, consider Athletics. A background like Outlander would fit your theme & give that proficiency. Grappling and shoving would give you combat options to use your Strength. And if you run into something too big to push around, you just turn into a bear or a giant ape & keep pushing.

Second, consider a one level dip into War Cleric. That would only give you multiattack a few times per long rest, but it’s an option.

Baumi

Adventurer
Thanks! Thats I actually took Outlander .. it fits very well to the concept.

I'm not a big fan of multiclassing, but I will certainly look into that. Thanks again! :)

Baumi

Adventurer
I might take Polearm Mastery at Level 4, but I'm not sure if that would allow me too keep up. It might even gimp me a bit since I give up a Wis-Increase or another Feat..

mellored

Legend
Grapple + spiked growth.
Take 2 levels of rogue, one for athletics expertise, the other for cunning action, so you can drag the enemy twice as far.

Upgrade to wall of fire later or whatever later.

Remove ads