D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I have uploaded Ityak-Ortheel, the Elf-Eater to the aberrations section. This is the last of the epic aberrations I am planning at this time (I will add some more when I do the 2nd drafts). As bonus I have also uploaded Bel to the Dukes-of-Hell section. Thank you [MENTION=6801640]zingbobco000[/MENTION] for your help!

I will be updating and reloading the PDF with the new and revised monsters before I start making more, but here is the plan for the future updates:

Up Next:

1) Update compiled PDF
2) Garl Glittergold
3) Piranoth
4) Ioun
5) astral dreadnought
6) Yondalla
7) brachyurus
8) Erathis
9) phane
10) ruin swarm
11) mu spore

Last edited:

Werebat

Explorer
I have uploaded Ityak-Ortheel, the Elf-Eater to the aberrations section. This is the last of the epic aberrations I am planning at this time (I will add some more when I do the 2nd drafts). As bonus I have also uploaded Bel to the Dukes-of-Hell section. Thank you [MENTION=31882]zing[/MENTION]boco000 for your help!

I will be updating and reloading the PDF with the new and revised monsters before I start making more, but here is the plan for the future updates:

Up Next:

2) Garl Glittergold

LOL thanks!

Werebat

Explorer
So I thought I'd let you know how our second session of the Demon Lord smackdown went:

Dagon died first after having been savaged from the inside by Graz’zt, then attacked by Orcus. Demogorgon appeared shortly after at full hit points, having had his Time Stop spell messed with by the nearby Faerzress so it sent him forward in time. He had also used Wish while waiting for time to catch up, and was at full hit points.

He was of course the next to fall (again) as the other demon lords ganged up on him. I forget who dealt the killing blow - it was Graz’zt or Orcus, I think. Or maybe Pazuzu’s breath. I know Graz’zt had hit him with a very high level Acid Arrow spell that had landed a crit.

One player got in a few savage attacks on Graz’zt with Kostchtchie (who showed up wounded) before dying, actually stunning him for a round once or twice with crits from his mighty hammer, Iron Wrath.

That player then played a very wounded Queen of Chaos, who brought her chaotic elemental damage to bear on Orcus, Pazuzu, and Graz’zt all at once before being taken out by a well placed acid blast from Graz’zt’s legendary blade Angdrelve, which also hit Orcus and Pazuzu.

Orcus was the next to fall, but he did last a surprisingly long time considering how injured he had been when we started the second session. He had been able to savage Pazuzu enough through readied actions and teleporting that the lord of evil aerial creatures had been forced to use his Wish to heal himself.

Then it was down to Graz’zt and Pazuzu, and as we’d observed previously, the advantage was Graz’zt’s. Pazuzu’s breath did not actually hurt him much compared to the damage Pazuzu took from Angdrelve’s acid blasts. In the end, though, it was melee that took out Pazuzu, despite the fact that he had previously demonstrated great skill at dispelling Graz’zt’s Fly spells. His breath weapon failed to re-up during a round where Graz’zt’s action was to ready melee attacks against him when he got close to him, and Pazuzu was compelled to attack his last opponent - flying up to Graz’zt and suffering enough damage to destroy his physical form, which burst into a flock of particularly sinister looking ravens, who scattered to the four corners of Menzoberranzan.

And the victorious Graz’zt looked about the great cavern of Menzoberranzan, seeing no other opponents as mighty as himself. And he saw how shattered the forces of the city were, as well as the dashed wreckage of so many of its buildings, their rubble littered with the broken corpses of dead drow.

And he thought — “This city has potential...”

dave2008

Legend
So I thought I'd let you know how our second session of the Demon Lord smackdown went:

Dagon died first after having been savaged from the inside by Graz’zt, then attacked by Orcus. Demogorgon appeared shortly after at full hit points, having had his Time Stop spell messed with by the nearby Faerzress so it sent him forward in time. He had also used Wish while waiting for time to catch up, and was at full hit points.

He was of course the next to fall (again) as the other demon lords ganged up on him. I forget who dealt the killing blow - it was Graz’zt or Orcus, I think. Or maybe Pazuzu’s breath. I know Graz’zt had hit him with a very high level Acid Arrow spell that had landed a crit.

One player got in a few savage attacks on Graz’zt with Kostchtchie (who showed up wounded) before dying, actually stunning him for a round once or twice with crits from his mighty hammer, Iron Wrath.

That player then played a very wounded Queen of Chaos, who brought her chaotic elemental damage to bear on Orcus, Pazuzu, and Graz’zt all at once before being taken out by a well placed acid blast from Graz’zt’s legendary blade Angdrelve, which also hit Orcus and Pazuzu.

Orcus was the next to fall, but he did last a surprisingly long time considering how injured he had been when we started the second session. He had been able to savage Pazuzu enough through readied actions and teleporting that the lord of evil aerial creatures had been forced to use his Wish to heal himself.

Then it was down to Graz’zt and Pazuzu, and as we’d observed previously, the advantage was Graz’zt’s. Pazuzu’s breath did not actually hurt him much compared to the damage Pazuzu took from Angdrelve’s acid blasts. In the end, though, it was melee that took out Pazuzu, despite the fact that he had previously demonstrated great skill at dispelling Graz’zt’s Fly spells. His breath weapon failed to re-up during a round where Graz’zt’s action was to ready melee attacks against him when he got close to him, and Pazuzu was compelled to attack his last opponent - flying up to Graz’zt and suffering enough damage to destroy his physical form, which burst into a flock of particularly sinister looking ravens, who scattered to the four corners of Menzoberranzan.

And the victorious Graz’zt looked about the great cavern of Menzoberranzan, seeing no other opponents as mighty as himself. And he saw how shattered the forces of the city were, as well as the dashed wreckage of so many of its buildings, their rubble littered with the broken corpses of dead drow.

And he thought — “This city has potential...”

Very epic - thank you for sharing!

dave2008

Legend
I little off-schedule update. I'm having some trouble with Mr. Glittergold so I decided to take a break an update the Mu-Spore. However, in the process I decided the elder treant really shouldn't be CR 23. So I have revised the elder treant to be CR 16 and added the ancient treant at CR 23.

dave2008

Legend
Have you thought about converting some of Sepulchrave II's creations from his Tales of Wyre?

Unfortunately I have no idea what your talking about. So I guess my answer would be: No, I have never thought about converting anything from the "Tales of Wyre"

Remove ads